Wrestling Forum banner

Chris Jericho pinpoints exactly what's wrong with TNA

12471 103
"It drives me nuts and I'll tell you the reason why. I am the biggest fan of TNA as a concept. I want them to be huge, Vince wants them to be huge because the more competition there is, it's better for the business, it's better for the boys, it's better is for the fans. I don't understand their obsession with copying the WWE I think it's lame, I think its bush league and I don't get it, they have some of the best talent, some great idea men. Why do they do this? Why do their guys go out there and say 'When I was in the WWE I was left behind and I was held back'."

"If I was working for TNA I would project that it's the greatest wrestling company in the world because if you're not projecting it, why is anyone going to believe it? When we were in ECW it was small, I never made more than $250 a show but you would die for that company and when you came across that way, the fans came across that way and suddenly you have this underground revolution going on and it was real, it was a revolution, people believed it was the best. No one in TNA believes they are in the best company and if they don't believe it then why am I going to believe it as a fan? Why am I going to buy their product?"

"It's just so bush league, they can do better than that and the guys on top there should know better and it really makes me mad because they're wasting money and they don't have to be wasting money but I'm not burying TNA I'm saying you should be ashamed of yourself because you can do better.'"

...Seriously, this dude is 100% correct. It's a shame TNA aren't doing better because the concept is great. Some competition would be good for the WWE too.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
Since TNA has nothing to do with WWE this belongs in the TNA section.

I agree with what Jericho is saying but no one would believe TNA if they started saying how great they are. People will know it's bullshit from a production standpoint alone.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
Yeah because nobody's pinpointed the truth about TNA before.

Reactions: Agmaster

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
That's just one problem of many though. I would love for them to put more money into production to at least make the product look more professional.

· Premium Member
26,901 Posts
And we on this forum have been saying this for how long now? I wonder if he will be called a hatertrollfanboy.

It has nothing to do with hating TNA because if I actually did, I wouldn't be watching it. It's frustrating that they have all the talent in the world yet they aren't doing anything with it. They can't afford to do the juvenile "fuck Vince" bullshit.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
Since TNA has nothing to do with WWE this belongs in the TNA section.

I agree with what Jericho is saying but no one would believe TNA if they started saying how great they are. People will know it's bullshit from a production standpoint alone.
From a production standpoint that's true but you wouldn't say that, you'd talk about what you do well and stay away from the things you do badly. Look at ROH, they talk about the strength of their tag-team division and how they have some of the best young talent in the world right now.

If TNA actually started focusing on their strengths they could start bragging about them without their usual inferiority complex.

· Banned
10,470 Posts
Chris Jericho is absolutely right. That's why it baffles my brain every time somebody anywhere on the net says that ROH fanboys need to stop being such marks for their product and overrating the matches. At least ROH does have guys like Jim Cornette praising the product whenever he could. I don't mind bringing up WWE but only when the bash it in a funny little joke and if the fans believe that your cooler than that person like Cena or Triple H who the IWC seem to despise for the most part. If Tara goes on TNA or Mickie James and starts talking about her time in WWE or Team 3D talks about ECW I think it's very shootish and makes sense but it always comes off with negative viewer feedback so they might as well abandon it and get a little more praise into TNA.

I mean the same 10 people that sit in the Impact Zone every taping might not be that cool but they do have that loyal to the product thing going on about them even if the product is horrible.

· Registered
455 Posts
What he's saying is false, and history has proven it to be false.

WCW mentioned WWF all the time between 95-97. That sure hindered their growth, didn't it? :rolleyes:. And Jericho was their at the time, so he should know better. WWF mentioned WCW a good amount in 98 and 99 as well and that didn't hinder their growth. This is a part of wrestling and bashing TNA for it is typical of the hate the company gets because...well...it's TNA.

If you produce a product people want to see, they will tune in regardless of how many times you mention the competition. Taking Impact on the road is the first step in doing that.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
From a production standpoint that's true but you wouldn't say that, you'd talk about what you do well and stay away from the things you do badly. Look at ROH, they talk about the strength of their tag-team division and how they have some of the best young talent in the world right now.

If TNA actually started focusing on their strengths they could start bragging about them without their usual inferiority complex.
Oh I absolutely agree. I'm just stating one thing I wish they would address. It's one thing, that to me, is really huge. It just looks like a high school production team produces the show. It's almost embarrassing at times.

· Registered
372 Posts
And this is exactly why Chris Jericho is the best in the world..at everything. I swear if this guy was in TNA, that place would be where WCW was in 96-97..but be pissed if he lowered himself to that shit company.

· Registered
455 Posts
Oh I absolutely agree. I'm just stating one thing I wish they would address. It's one thing, that to me, is really huge. It just looks like a high school production team produces the show. It's almost embarrassing at times.
I disagree. I think the backstage presentation, for example, with the Reaction-style cmaeras screams "2011" and actually makes the WWEs backstage stuff, which is produced and scripted to death, like pretty dated.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if God himself would have to say this exact statement Jericho inplied to Dixie for it to register in her feeble mind. I do not want to watch TNA complain or attempt to make fun of the WWE. TNA needs to concentrate on TNA and stop being stuck on stupid. People associated in the wrestling industry have constantly given constructive critisism and give insiteful ideas on how to improve their product.

Seriously, what does it have to take for Dixie to realize she is taking the company in the wrong direction?

· Registered
455 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if God himself would have to say this exact statement Jericho inplied to Dixie for it to register in her feeble mind. I do not want to watch TNA complain or attempt to make fun of the WWE. TNA needs to concentrate on TNA and stop being stuck on stupid. People associated in the wrestling industry have constantly given constructive critisism and give insiteful ideas on how to improve their product.

Seriously, what does it have to take for Dixie to realize she is taking the company in the wrong direction?
LOL, sellout crowds in UK, house show numbers on the uptick, 3500 for first TV taping on the road, good ratings for most of 2011 so far---sure sounds like the wrong direction to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

· Premium Member
26,901 Posts
Hmm...96-1997? You mean when WCW mentioned WWF every week on Nitro? :lmao:lmao:lmao
That's lovely and all except it is not 1997 anymore. The cheap tactics that WWF and WWE used 14 years ago are not going to fly now, especially when TNA are not in direct competition with them. Instead, it makes TNA look like they're just desperate for attention from the WWE and the WWE are not even giving them the time of day. How does that even help them? TNA should be above that if they really want to get where they and the fans want them to go.

Once again, justifying stupidity of one company with stupidity of another doesn't make it right.

· Registered
39,577 Posts
Jericho is right. There is no point in obsessing over the WWE. If I was had any power in TNA, I would view WWE as something to exploint, whether it be talent they have that could be persuade to join TNA or any type of avenue or venue that they ignore.

WWE should only be mention if that company does something so stupid that it would be impossible to ignore or to get a former WWE star over in TNA that doesn't make them sound like a whinny bitch

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.