Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
rasslin
3,053 Posts
I blame Jericho and those in charge. Insane booking decision to have Orange Cassidy in this spot.

Cassidy is still new to the wrestling business and has had some good buzz but anyone with a lick of sense or experience knew that Orange Cassidy is not ready to be put in this spot. His body isn't there yet and he doesn't have enough of the casual audience behind him for this spot. Its even more ridiculous when you take into account that theres no crowd. (the main appeal for Orange Cassidy is the crowd behind him and the reaction he gets)

Jericho on the other hand has become a complete joke. He went from an interesting villain to a complete meme who comes off as someone desperately trying to be in with the "cool" kids.

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
Promo segments usually outdraws a match if said segment has a built in storyline and the match doesn't but if the match has a built in storyline then the match will outdraw the segment.

Never said he was I making a point that he was wrong when he said a segment will never outdraw a match, but even if you don't like The Rock and Steve Austin comparison the KnockOuts segments in TNA always outdrew WWE ECW's main event if you want to compare and use another example.
I liked the Jericho Cassidy segment. I thought it was a perfectly good rassling segment. Presented an issue, continued a story, didn't overstay their welcome like Raw tends to do with these fucking 20 minute promo segments.

But as much as I enjoy Cassidy and this program, if I had to look at it like a booker trying to beat another show... It's not a match. It's not a top guy angle like Jericho vs Moxley. From what I understand NXT ran a hot triple threat main event... Probably should have ended the show with the hottest match they had.

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
Jericho on the other hand has become a complete joke. He went from an interesting villain to a complete meme who comes off as someone desperately trying to be in with the "cool" kids.

This is what Jericho has always been in AEW. You only see it that way now because a few of the faces have told you that's what he is doing.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
It started out real boring not gonna lie. It ended up being pretty good but like someone else mentioned, it's like the third time they've scrapped. We get it they don't like each other. On the other hand it went against a triple threat with Gargano, Balor and Lee with either no or limited commercials. It should have lost honestly.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
This is what happens when you get an ageing talent that looks like a parody tribute act to themselves, and present them like the fool in order to get yucks from the dorkiest fans in your echo chamber. This was a stupid idea on paper, and it’s giving them the dividends they deserve.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
This is 100% on Chris Jericho. Orange Cassidy couldn't carry the segment on his own. Jericho was way too serious with his delivery and it disrupted the flow of the segment. I was worried this would happen and it's exactly why Cody separates himself from the comedy stuff. Jericho should have known better.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Like I said in the Ratings thread, the two biggest ratings drop lately have been the match with Best Friends and Jericho/OC. If I'm AEW, I change the card at Fyter Fest. Put Matt Hardy and Jericho in the Private Party vs Proud & Powerful match and have Brodie Lee and Archer take out Best Friends, take their place against Omega/Page. This would make it a better card, this would bump PP to another level by working with stars and by having Lee and Archer take the tag belts, it would place them back to monster-level.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Like I said in the Ratings thread, the two biggest ratings drop lately have been the match with Best Friends and Jericho/OC. If I'm AEW, I change the card at Fyter Fest. Put Matt Hardy and Jericho in the Private Party vs Proud & Powerful match and have Brodie Lee and Archer take out Best Friends, take their place against Omega/Page. This would make it a better card, this would bump PP to another level by working with stars and by having Lee and Archer take the tag belts, it would place them back to monster-level.
You can't really change it on the fly but they should definitely minimise Jericho/OC and the Best Friends title match. Give Jericho and Cassidy 5 minutes with Jericho winning and give the Kenny/Page Vs Best Friends match 8 minutes with Kenny/Page over strong.

I think you'll find that Cassidy beats Jericho or at least takes him to his limits and the tag title match will go 12-15.

·
Premium Member
10,734 Posts
I liked the Jericho Cassidy segment. I thought it was a perfectly good rassling segment. Presented an issue, continued a story, didn't overstay their welcome like Raw tends to do with these fucking 20 minute promo segments.

But as much as I enjoy Cassidy and this program, if I had to look at it like a booker trying to beat another show... It's not a match. It's not a top guy angle like Jericho vs Moxley. From what I understand NXT ran a hot triple threat main event... Probably should have ended the show with the hottest match they had.
Balor/Gargano/Lee in a 3-way title match to face Cole to Unify the titles is the literally the biggest match they could do. Those 4 are without a doubt the biggest 4 names on the brand, and you have Balor who's proven he's a difference-maker. They started in Q7 and during the Matt segment which nobody gave a shit about that Sammy was gone.

This week they're giving away a dream match on free TV.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Balor/Gargano/Lee in a 3-way title match to face Cole to Unify the titles is the literally the biggest match they could do. Those 4 are without a doubt the biggest 4 names on the brand, and you have Balor who's proven he's a difference-maker. They started in Q7 and during the Matt segment which nobody gave a shit about that Sammy was gone.

That is extremely hyperbolic. Triple Threats dilute things, not enhance them. Sasha vs. Io is a match a lot of people wouldn’t have even thought of until it was announced.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

The sad thing is the "dream matches" AEW has made for their special are Cody/Hagar and Best Friends vs. Page/Omega, not so dreamy...Oh I forgot about Cassidy/Jericho and Mox/Cage...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Dream matches are made of people who have the credibility and the skills to present a great match. AEW had Omega, Mox, Jericho and a year time to create that credibility for the other talent. From what I see these three are still the only ones when it comes to "dream matches" (Cody trying his best to force the credibility down everyones throat). But who else? Sammy? Who is losing to Matt Hardy of all people? Hardy himself? Who can barely walk? Darby? Who, without the diehard crowd is basically a blueprint of vanilla midget (with a skateboard)?

So yes, dream matches are subjective, but it takes two credible wrestler to have a dream match and credibility is mostly not subjective :)

21 - 40 of 100 Posts