Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The main event on NXT between Keith Lee, Finn Balor and Johnny Gargano was the big hit on Wednesday night. While Dynamite won in 18-49 overall, NXT won the final two quarter hours in the demo, despite AEW featuring Chris Jericho (their biggest ratings draw), Matt Hardy and Orange Cassidy during those quarters. The NXT main event beat the Jericho - Cassidy segment that closed Dynamite by 54%, 852,000 viewers to 552,000. The Jericho - Cassidy segment was down 26% from the first quarter and was the lowest quarter in the show's history.

Chris Jericho - Orange Cassidy Segment Draws Record Low Quarter, More AEW Vs. NXT Ratings Notes - Wrestling Inc.

·
Lucas Landslide
1,605 Posts
Watch literally nobody here blame Jericho for a low rating, even though Jericho is the veteran name who should be doing much of the drawing in a scenario like this.
Are you really trying to blame Jericho? imagine what this segment would have drawn if he wasnt even in it.

clueless

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Watch literally nobody here blame Jericho for a low rating, even though Jericho is the veteran name who should be doing much of the drawing in a scenario like this.
Obviously OC is the main reason but Jericho is to blame also. He's gone from feeling really special as a talent 2-3 months ago to now feeling like just another guy. You see the occasional spurt of greatness from him but most of it is "Ugh, this guy is the best they have?"

·
Banned
801 Posts
Because Chris Jericho is old and washed up and hes in the ring with Orange Cassidy who's a comedy character which has deminished Y2J's value enough to where people now tune out of his segments.

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
Are you really trying to blame Jericho? imagine what this segment would have drawn if he wasnt even in it.

clueless
I'm not blaming anyone, I don't care about ratings. But you can't put Spike Dudley in a main event promo with a white hot Stone Cold, get a garbage rating and exclusively blame Spike Dudley. That's dumb as fuck.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
The problem is that OC is basically a comedy character and has mostly been booked as such. If they spend a few months to build him up, perhaps tweak his character a bit, then feud him with Jericho, then fine. But right now it would be like if in 2000 they randomly threw Scotty 2 Hotty out there with the Rock or Austin. Of course no one would take it seriously.

·
Banned
801 Posts
That's an unfair comparison. A wrestling match is always going to do better than a promo in a main event slot.

No shit it didn't draw. I don't care I still liked it.
Thats not true at all if it were then why were the The Rock and Steve Austin segments outdrawing WCW's main event matches? Theres other examples I could use as well.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thats not true at all if it were then why were the The Rock and Steve Austin segments outdrawing WCW's main event matches? Theres other examples I could use as well.
Wrong guy to ask that question to. I became a wrestling fan during 2004. I missed the Monday ratings stuff.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Wrong guy to ask that question to. I became a wrestling fan during 2004. I missed the Monday ratings stuff.
Promo segments usually outdraws a match if said segment has a built in storyline and the match doesn't but if the match has a built in storyline then the match will outdraw the segment.

Then I guess Chris Jericho isn't Stone Cold or The Rock during the 1990's here in 2020.

Shocking!
Never said he was I making a point that he was wrong when he said a segment will never outdraw a match, but even if you don't like The Rock and Steve Austin comparison the KnockOuts segments in TNA always outdrew WWE ECW's main event if you want to compare and use another example.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts