Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source - WrestleZone

Chris Jericho recently did an interview on the red carpet at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards. During the interview he said his current WWE run will finish up prior to SummerSlam.

Jericho said the reason is because of his band Fozzy and their plans. The band is schedule to release new music by the end of August and they will be touring as well.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I thought I heard he was only leaving for a few months..

·
Registered
299 Posts
To be honest I was saying the whole time he'd be done after Wrestlemania. Can admit when I'm wrong, never thought he'd stay this long.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest I was saying the whole time he'd be done after Wrestlemania. Can admit when I'm wrong, never thought he'd stay this long.
Well, he could have 1 WWE Title run before he leaves probley not though, yeah?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
He was never going to stay in WWE full time anyway. And he'll probably be back again after he finishes his work with Fozzy for a while. Seems like a decent schedule for him.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well, he could have 1 WWE Title run before he leaves probley not though, yeah?
I don't think he'd personally mind either way, he probably just wanted some money to fund his studio recording and tour (that shit's expensive!)

Although it would be a big spin on things if he did beat Punk, but I think it would only be a transitional reign so Punk doesn't get buried by Cena or Lesnar or someone who doesn't need the title that creative wants to push.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Didn't he send out a tweet saying that he'd only be gone for 1 show with fozzy though? So he wouldn't be gone long anyway, if this is the case of course

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Wish the prick would just get the fuck outta the wrestling business for good, and fuck off with his shit band once & for all. Stop wasting yours and everyone else's time ya fairy!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Longer than i thought he'd stay. Maybe now he'll have time to figure out how to be entertaining again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
He said on Twitter he was only leaving for two gigs in the summer.

I seriously doubt he has any chance of winning the world title now. If he was gonna beat Punk for the title (even just to lose it back), it would have happened at either Elimination Chamber or Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Wow, Jericho writes books, has a touring band, acts and still finds time to Wrestle.

Reminds me how little I'm doing with my life.

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
One good thing I can say about Jericho is for him to remain in the business this long, having many of his close friend and guys he's trained with pass away and to not have any personal problems himself is remarkable.

I mean, he still can physically perform at a high level, evident by his match with Punk at WM but to have him come back and feud with only one guy for the remainder of his stay does nothing for him or Punk.

The whole purpose of Jericho coming back should have been to put over younger talent and by putting over I don't mean jobbing. So if his entire stay is based on him feuding with Punk in an angle that was done years ago and overall better with Raven, it truly was a waste of time. If alcoholism is the topic of the storyline, Punk is better in the heel role.

I just would have rather seen Jericho at least feud with somebody else, maybe even Miz and have Miz turn into a face.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts