Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Jericho recently talked with the Daily Star about his imminent departure from WWE. Here is what he had to say.

“I’m in the best shape ever, I’m not hurt, I can easily come back for as long as I want whenever I want, but people should understand that I’m not going to wrestle until I’m 85-years-old,” Jericho told Patrick Lennon of the Star. “I ended up signing for four months longer than I planned to do. And, yes, when it’s done I’ll devote myself 100 percent to Fozzy for our run.”

Jericho also spoke about wrestling fans. “(C.M.) Punk and I had some good thoughts on what we could do together and people were saying screw you, you’re only back for the payday at Mania,” Jericho said. He added later, “Sometimes I wonder what people want. Do they want us to wrestle forever? I’m a sell-out because I quit? Rock and Taker came back because they love wrestling and the fans, yet still people bitch.”
Jeritroll in rage mode.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Jericho >

Fuck all these politically correct responses from wrestlers.
Jericho will call you a bitch when you're acting like a bitch.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,526 Posts
Looking back, Jericho really should have won the belt at Elimination Chamber. His feud with Punk was poor because Jericho never looked strong at all. A weakly booked heel chasing a face champion just doesn't make for entertaining television. They put on fantastic matches at WM and ER for sure, that can't be debated, but I don't feel like that program did much of anything for CM Punk, which seemed to be the entire point of Chris Jericho's return, to put CM Punk over.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Well said. Why do so many love to whine about the reasons a certain wrestler is back?

I couldn't give a fuck less why The Rock or Brock came back, for instance. I'll still cheer them over someone who puts over his work-ethic like John Cena any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Why can't Fozzy just follow the WWE travel scheduale?

·
Wog Piece of Shit
1,125 Posts
When I read the title my initial response was going to be, what do people expect when all people have been doing is shitting all over him. Jericho can speak for himself though!

Personally I've enjoyed his return, I did my best and ignored all the bullshit hype and bullshit reactions to everything on here. I loved their match at Mania and a lot of the feud as well, Jericho on my screen is always a good thing.

Have to agree with this, apart from festivals etc they'd probably sell more tickets going where the WWE fans are.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
There's no reason for a guy like Jericho to respond to the usual rubbish from the irrelevant internet fanbase. In this case, I can't agree with him because although he did a great heel work, his return program was an absolute disaster TV and the worst feud of the year so far along with Cena/Ryder/Kane. I 100% agree with his focus on his career, if they can succeed on a big level? and from what I heard they're growing every year, good for him. I would love to see Jericho every year for a program or two but I can understand why he couldn't do it. He needs to invest everything in his real project.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
He's still been one of the most entertaining guys on the roster both in the ring and on the mic since he came back. Funny how his return is looked at as a failure by most of the internet and yet he's still probably been better than most of your favorite wrestlers during this run. I was hoping the CM Punk feud would end earlier so he could move on to another program before he left but it looks like he's about done.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
Don't disagree with anything Jericho said.

I'm glad he came back, even if it was just for a short time, we got a good match at Mania out of him and Punk and an amazing match out of them at Extreme Rules.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
I think the only reason the angle between Punk flopped was because I'm 99.99% sure that he was originally slated to win the Rumble, and continue a storyline from there. All of a sudden, plans changed, Sheamus got the win, and creative had to TOTALLY re arrange their feud. It seemed like the writers actually didn't know how to re write the entire feud just like that, and that resulted in an extremely weak feud.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Because they'd actually like to get well known here in the states and book good venues. And in the case of this year, they're on a festival and not headlining, so they don't book. But they'd be stupid to turn down a deal to be on Uproar just because WWE isn't in town.

I'm okay with this. I want to know that I'm gonna get a kick ass Fozzy show when I see them, not a half-assed one because he's gotta get to a WWE show somewhere.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts