Wrestling Forum banner

Chris Jericho gimmick change?

2587 Views 19 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  johnnyshear
-Jericho on returning to WWE: "When the time comes for me to come back, you're not going to see the suits and slow-talking Jericho anymore. Now when you turn on WWE, every heel is talking like that and wearing a suit. I refuse to do it. It's not about what happened in the past. It's about reinventing yourself for the future. I've only been gone four months. WWE is doing fine without Chris Jericho."

source: http://nodq.com/wwe/299315242.shtml

theres a tiny bit more to the interview but thats what caught my eye the most so what do you guys think his new gimmick would be if he comes back?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
980 Posts
He'll have a Rockstar gimmick, bet on it.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
i love character evolution cm punk is another one who went through this

went from being straight edge superstar heel attacking jeff hardy and the fans saying he is better than them for beign drug free and was very preachy and now he has this zealot type character and is more mentally unstable and crazy

· Registered
41 Posts
If he comes back I think he will go with a darker image
He was a "heel" when he left and he is going to be a "darker heel" when he comes back ...

Whatever he decides to do will be great, he is one of the best mic skills that I have ever seen.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
Honestly, Jericho could return as either Y2J or the serious man. He could do well with either, as I think the crowd would bite which ever way Jericho chose to swing it. Imagine the pop Y2J Chris Jericho would get coming back at the Rumble. Or imagine the heat he would get for returning and costing Randy Orton the WWE Championship down the road or something.

Either way, I am going to have to agree with what a few others have said already. I think he will come back with a rock star influenced type character. He will probably just end up returning with a gimmick that is not far off from who he is in real life. I for one, am patiently waiting until that day comes...can't wait for him to be back.

· Registered
285 Posts
I for one hate to judge a person on ones appearance..but unless he stays away long enough to grow his hair out, I can't get into a Y2J revival. Just like the Undertaker. Sounds silly but I just can't see it being the same. I am sure Jericho could pull it off, just don't know if I could accept it lol.

· Premium Member
13,454 Posts
For all those saying Jericho will never be "Y2J" again; Booker T said he would never be Booker T again because it was the "King Booker" gimmick that led him to the world championship, but he did. Never say never.

That being said, I doubt he will actually return as a face. As someone mentioned he could become a "darker" character.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.