Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In fact, Jericho said he will not be doing any shows in the United States that isn't WWE out of respect for Vince McMahon, adding that he will not compete on the NJPW G1 Special From San Francisco at the Cow Palace on July 7 for that very same reason.

"I always felt like the unwritten rule is that I don't want to go into the states. I feel like that would be a real slap in the face to Vince. If it ever came down to it, something came down with us, I would probably do a shown in the states and do the Cow Palace and do Jericho vs. [Tetsuya] Naito in a rematch or whatever or All In. I'd love to do that, but a: It's in Chicago. B: At the risk of sounding like an asshole, I can't lower my value working all these shows. It's picking my spots with the right guys and the right places for the overall contract signing," Jericho said.
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/chris-jericho-talks-possibly-appearing-all

Makes sense. I normally don't trust Jericho's word, but I think he's telling the truth on this one. He has a lot of respect for Vince.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
Makes sense tbf. He still respects Vince and WWE. Shame though but i understand why

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
It's things like this that lend credence to Jericho saying that Vince is cool with the work he does outside WWE, it shows that level of respect to me. Of course this could just be Jericho trolling but it does sound sincere to me.

Reactions: RetepAdam.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Not sure how this is trolling when its clear this isn't in his heel personality speaking.

"You're all fuck faces, btw I respect Vince McMahon enough to only wrestle in Japan"

Doesn't compute.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i love Jericho don't get me wrong but did he seriously say he cant lower his value working all these shows?

......but he'll go out in japan looking like this?

lol. k chris..

·
Registered
612 Posts
Not sure how this is trolling when its clear this isn't in his heel personality speaking.

"You're all fuck faces, btw I respect Vince McMahon enough to only wrestle in Japan"

Doesn't compute.
Thats the same Jericho who in out of character interviews said, that his deal with New Japan didnt work out and he will never be back again. :D

I dont think hell show up at the Cow Palace or if he even should have, but he might do it in the future. Never say never in wrestling. Hes jut saying all of that to get more buzz. Its that simple and somehow people are still beliving him. Lol :p

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
He brings more eyes to NJPW than they usually have, so yeah he is wanted by the people in charge there Im sure.
Right.....and I said as far as I'm concerned so :shrug

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I understand his position and actually agree with him.

One thing however, if you're really getting paid that handsomely by NJPW, please kill the belly.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The only thing I'm not a fan of is that the IC title will probably not be defended for awhile. Perhaps they are using Jericho as a way to phase the IC title out?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
well he's a proven lost cause and a sellout, fuck that guy, the business has been falling apart at the seems and needs veterans to pitch in and be unselfish more than ever

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
At the minute he has Vince on his side for an eventual return to WWE

No way he ruins that

That doesn’t mean though that vince won’t give his blessing down the line though

double post

·
Registered
283 Posts
I understand his position, but Vince was also the main force behind destroying the territories.

It ain't the territory days anymore VKM, but still smart business by Jericho, though he has better potential in NJPW than WWE now as far as quality matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I understand his position and actually agree with him.

One thing however, if you're really getting paid that handsomely by NJPW, please kill the belly.
Not going to be easy, unless he gets on the gas. He's close to 50 and his testosterone levels have probably declined quite a bit.

He's probably working out and eating pretty much the same way he always has, but it's simply not having the same effect anymore.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts