Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Austin got the chance while he's hot but choose to stay with wrestling while Rock on top and he choose Hollywood path which is expected...Wrestling isn't in Rock blood, originally Rock choose football and because of injury so he went to wrestling.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Austin got the chance while he's hot but choose to stay with wrestling while Rock on top and he choose Hollywood path which is expected...Wrestling isn't in Rock blood, originally Rock choose football and because of injury so he went to wrestling.
Wrestling is in The Rock's blood. He's a third-generation wrestler, he grew up around the business. He did use wrestling as a vehicle to get into Hollywood, but saying it isn't in his blood is a bit ridiculous. It's not like he half-assed his time as wrestler, he had an amazing run, he just wanted to achieve something outside of the McMahon controlled wrestling industry and hats off to him, because he's been more successful than people would have ever imagined.

Back on topic, I always love listening to Jericho's views on anything wrestling related. So this should be fun.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
I can never find the SCSA podcast. This is pretty cool though.
Wish it was purely wrestling and shooting based but that's just a dream, there's never gonna be a podcast like that lol.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Good podcast. More wrestling beasts should join the bandwagon.

Yeah...no

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
On my phone ATM so I can't check this out, but does Jericho interview in a kayfabe light or is it a legit shoot?
Also same with Austin?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
that was great interview..AUstin talking about returning for a final match was interesting, beside health and preparation but one of the factor he considered important is the environment that he is in right now with scripted product and retriction. if you listen to Austin for months, Austin is old school and pretty much his stuff is done on the fly in the ring but now the direction that WWE doing completely opposite.

Chris Jericho: "Then the fans ask you, 'when are you coming back?'"

Steve Austin: "You can make some money. But you get all revved up, you have your 30 minute window, then what? Then you've got to recover, because you've got yourself back in the mode. Anything is possible. Being involved in some capacity would be fun. But being very candid, I like the way I operated back then. I like the creative liberties and freedoms I had back then. I don't know that walking back in there right now I would have those same freedoms, and I don't know that I could operate in that system … I love my fans first and foremost. I know they'd like to see me in a match. But you've just got to understand the shoes I'm in, and where I'm at now. I love wrestling fans, and I love the WWE."
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/306585#XoWlsASoM6iOeMDi.99

·
Registered
745 Posts
On my phone ATM so I can't check this out, but does Jericho interview in a kayfabe light or is it a legit shoot?
Also same with Austin?

Thanks.
I believe both of their shows are not in kayfabe and both are very informative about the wrestling business and their structuring of it.

Of course, both guys will not really talk about wrestling all the time, especially in Jericho's case (I think) since his former radio show, "Rock of Jericho" had him interview a couple of good rock musicians talking about their lifestyle and rock and roll music/history. I'm sure that kind of format would continue here in his new podcast.

Reactions: Oxidamus

·
Banned
88 Posts
I look forward to more podcasts with y2j. It was awesome to have SCSA on the show. I always download these and listen to them while im at the gym.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
I read the Rock's biography, I didn't see much about an injury, it looked like after college, the NFL didn't come calling and he went to the CFL, if I remember correctly. From there, he was like third string for a team and barely got any time to play - on top of this the conditions he lived in were horrible - he has a story about going to a hotel to get a mattress along with some of his other teammates, the hotel was tossing out all the ones that had too many bodily fluids. Basically he had to pick the least disgusting one lol.

Long story short, he ended up coming back home with barely any money in his pocket, and that's when he decided on wrestling. I also remember him telling a story down the road about playing a few friendly games with some of the top players (nothing serious) and how the football players were clearly better than him, and he realized he just didn't have the special thing.

Beyond that though, wrestling has always been in the Rock's blood.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Just finished both part 1 and 2. A very interesting listen, this podcast has some potential.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Jericho's podcast with Edge is out. I haven't listened to it yet, but this one could go a lot of ways in terms of talking about a buttload of stuff and not just wrestling stuff as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts