Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Chris Jericho recently spoke with Slam Wrestling and here are some of the highlights:

Triple H taking over WWE:
"He's going to take over the company. This isn't the year 2000 anymore where he was trying to bury me. Nobody wants to be Bruce Hart, where he takes over Stampede Wrestling and goes out of business two years later after his father had it for 40 years."

Returning to WWE:
"It could be two days down the road. I'm still a huge fan of the business. When it's time to go back, I'll go back."

Favoring a PG-13 product:
"I think I did better in the PG-13 environment. It's easier to get pops when you say, 'ass.' they're going 'tee-hee-hee, he said a swear word.' I wasn't really doing any swearing. I just go with the flow. If I have to do an X-rated environment, I'll do that. And if it's PG, I'll do that."
More on Jericho: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2011/02/25/17416111.html

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
Is he saying HHH will be like Bruce Hart?
Or the opposite?

· Banned
4,461 Posts
He finally said it out loud..I know he's been biting his tongue and giving the correct answers the politically correct answers for the fans for a long time about him "NOT getting buried" but anyone with two eyes and common sense knows that was a bunch of bullshit. HHH always went over in their matches and always looked dominant. Him taking over? As long as he stays off of television and doesn't promote himself as the greater than Austin, I guess that's halfway acceptbale but he does't have the business knowhow to run that company and deal with sponsors or anything of the like. That's not something you can learn in 6 months or a year.

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
While I wouldnt have minded Jericho going over Triple H once, it was hardly a berial. The Last Man standing match elevated Jericho and it was a fucking war.

Being bitter about losing is not something Jericho does.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
While I wouldnt have minded Jericho going over Triple H once, it was hardly a berial. The Last Man standing match elevated Jericho and it was a fucking war.

Being bitter about losing is not something Jericho does.
You defend idiots like Cripple H and Hickenbottom every day even though they've made the industry worse for wear. Being bitter about being buried is a normal thing. You don't take it on the chin like a bitch...like Cena has done from fans for over 5 years, no, you stand up like a man and address the bullshit. Or else no one has any respect for you in the end.

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
Triple H and John Cena are top faces. So it stands to logic that they should win very often. And when they lose, its very significant.

And Jericho doesnt get bitter of angry. He understands and respects this business. He understands his place in it. He's fantastic at making others look good, putting them over and getting to the top. He's like a top enhancement talent. Thats his place. Have you seen his interviews? His posts on twitter? He actually insulted his nutjob fans because he doesnt give a shit if he loses. He insists on it. He doesnt want to be cheered or respected. Hes a good old fashioned wrasstling heel. He gets off when he's making people boo him or laugh at him.

He's addressed it time and time again. He's a good guy who believes in professional wrestling. Maybe you should listen to him.

· Registered
2,593 Posts
I don't feel Triple H buried Chris Jericho, but he did play politics to keep himself higher on the pecking order. You only have to look at how Y2J was made to seem like an extra in the war between HHH and Stephanie (January - March 2002). He did the same with Kurt Angle during the summer of 2000, Rob Van Dam in September 2002 and Booker T at Wrestlemania 19.

Clever and ruthless but not a burial.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
That's not the way it always was. That just started with the Cena super-push. They always kept certain heels strong...HHH for instance. They've been wiping that boy's ass for him since 1999. He had no business being pushed like he did but they did it and that's why they needed a Brock Lesnar and a John Cena to rise in the first place. They overpushed a guy who couldn't draw and carry PPVs with his limited star power.

Jericho can insult whoever he wants but HHH is not some saint and damn sure doesn't deserve to be praised as some kind of industry changer or anything of the sort. He's a grown leech basically. Someone like that doesn't deserve real respect. They deserve ridicule....that Paris Hilton way of coming up is rather embarrassing for the wrestling industry.

· Premium Member
4,692 Posts
He finally said it out loud..I know he's been biting his tongue ... anyone with two eyes and common sense knows that was a bunch of bullshit. HHH always went over in their matches and always looked dominant.
In Undisputed, Jericho actually puts Triple H over as a great worker and clearly says that he was one of the only guys honest enough to tell him how much heat he had back when he joined the company. I'm pretty sure that if Jericho didn't whine about being 'buried' in his own autobiography, he never will - because it never happened.

Being bitter about being buried is a normal thing. You don't take it on the chin like a bitch...like Cena has done from fans for over 5 years, no, you stand up like a man and address the bullshit. Or else no one has any respect for you in the end.
:rolleyes: pretty sure Cena honestly doesn't care enough about his haters to even give them a real response. They're all paying ticket fees and buying PPVs just to boo him. Who's the real idiot? Not him.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.