Wrestling Forum banner

Chris Jericho bows down to the Rock

3411 Views 23 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Nexus One
Hey...I'm just saying:cool:
Jericho from 411 Mania said:
"It's unfair to say ‘The Rock came back and he embarrassed everyone and he blew everyone outta the water' – he always did! The only difference is in The Rock's time, he has Austin, Foley, Jericho – there were guys that could hang at that level – some of the best promo guys of all time. It's not that guys like Cena or Miz can't hang at The Rock's level, it just that he (The Rock) is so far above everybody else – he always has been…as a promo man, The Rock is the best of all time!"
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Jericho speaks the truth in many regards. It takes someone truly special to walk away from the business for the best part of 10 years, return and cut some of the best promos of the decade, completely pissing all over anything anyone else has said

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,720 Posts
As always Jericho speaks the truth. I think the real problem, is that promos today are heavily scripted and what not, so the wrestlers can't really show their true mic skills. They don't really learn from reading a script. Sure they can sound great on the mic like The Miz, but can they work it. That's one thing why I think the attiude era and beforehand were great. Wrestlers were allowed more creativity and to improv their lines, it helped teach them how to cut a promo on the mic.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Hard to argure with Jeri's logic there, still i'd love to hear Miz more unscirpted and more of Cena's improv rhyming.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
man Y2J is one of those few guys I've agreed with everything he has said
I would love to see a funny 2011 Rocky Y2J promo
In real time Attitude Era, they were probably my favorite two guys night in night out

· No Cena is good Cena
2,445 Posts
I love Jericho but that statement was fucking stupid and contradictory. “It's not that guys like Cena or Miz can't hang at The Rock's level, it just that he (The Rock) is so far above everybody else.” Um… if The Rock is so far above everybody else then wouldn’t that mean that he’s at a higher level?

· Registered
222 Posts
I normally agree with everything Y2J says, but i don’t think The Rock i that great he has great catchphrases and energy, but he is no Austin.

BTw Last night Promo sucked it was absolutely horrible and for anyone to say anyways is just stupid, it looked stupid and the crowd only cheered when he said one off his lame ass catchphrases, I was almost Jeff Hardy bad.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
It's nice to see how you'll quote Jericho at the drop of a hat when he's praising Rock as if he has the final say on what's right and what isn't, but piss on his opinion when he says Shawn Michaels is the best wrestler of all time.

· Registered
7,244 Posts
It's nice to see how you'll quote Jericho at the drop of a hat when he's praising Rock as if he has the final say on what's right and what isn't, but piss on his opinion when he says Shawn Michaels is the best wrestler of all time.
this.

all i got out of this is jericho is an idiot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.