Wrestling Forum banner

Chris Jericho and the Royal Rumble

1140 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Chismo
I think most of us know that Jericho never won the Royal Rumble, which is the only thing he hasn't accomplished in his career.
Do you think that he still deserves a win in the near future?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Absolutely, but he'll never get it, mostly because he loves putting over younger stars and wouldn't let himself steal a fantastic opportunity. He's the first ever undisputed champ, and a legend, so it's not like he's lost out big time.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
No. Royal Rumble needs to create new stars, or to make current stars main eventers. In next few years I see guys like Barrett, The Miz, Reks, Ryan, Punk, McIntyre etc. as winners.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Absolutely, but he'll never get it, mostly because he loves putting over younger stars and wouldn't let himself steal a fantastic opportunity.
This. And this is one of the reason why I'm a Jericholic. Unlike Triple H, Edge, Rey Mysterio and Undertaker etc. who loves to steal the limelight. Sry to the fans of whom I mentioned above. I'm just stating the truth.

· I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
775 Posts
No. Royal Rumble needs to create new stars, or to make current stars main eventers. In next few years I see guys like Barrett, The Miz, Reks, Ryan, Punk, McIntyre etc. as winners.
All of them as heels? Or some faces too?

Chris Jericho doesn't need to win the Royal Rumble, he's such an established star that he could lose to somebody in the mid card one night and win a World title the next and it would still be believable, he's reached that stage in his career.

I wouldn't want to see him win the Rumble when/if he comes back. It's time to give it to new and upcoming stars, Cena, Orton, Edge and Triple H won't be here forever.

Although I hope they build up the new stars a little bit before they win it, I was thrilled when ADR won it this year, but he hardly had a reaction. Luckily it's starting to change now with his little feud with Kofi Kingston, he's starting to get quite a bit of heat. Now they've got to focus on him and Edge and make ADR as hated as ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.