Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic isnt to poke fun in any way at the tragedy of the last few hours of Benoit's life. I was watching his titantron today, and in context of what happened to him in the final hours of his life, its very eerie and disturbing. First of all, the whole video looks like Benoit is walking around in his own personal hell, trapped with the guilt of what he did. Its almost like there are two Benoit's in the video, the monster inside him, and the Benoit trying to prevent what was to happen.

The video almost foreshadows the end of his life. There are all these parts of him and a little boy screaming, that boy could be seen as Daniel. At 0:44 in the video, there are shawdows of Benoit and a little boy. At first he's screaming, as if trying to prevent something. After that he affectionatly goes up to the boy, and puts his hands around the back of his neck.

I know that nobody could have seen it coming, but its just crazy how eerie the video is. Watch it for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgKRToZgtok

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hm...
That really is eerie.

Poor Benoit, all I can say on that topic.
So many people still don't understand and call him a monster.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Holy shit, I didn´t watched his titantron since 7-8 years and forgot all the details in the video. Especially the scene with the little boy and Benoit with the psycho look is now really disturbing to watch.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nahh, I think you're just thinking too much.
I'm not saying the video was made with the intention of telling the future or anything. Just saying that theres a lot of odd and eerie moments that almost foreshadow the end of his life. I mean, throughout the entire video its almost like he's being haunted by a child.

Another moment I just noticed. You need to really pay attention, but at 0:12 you can quickly see the image of a child in the shadows standing behind him.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Thank you for reminding me of how Chris Benoit tron was one of the best in history but I do understand what you mean.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
It really is tragic what happened. I remember a week before his death my mom gave me a piece of paper for a Wrestling Show that she was going to take me to and he was on it as the featured star. :/

I can't/won't blame him for what he did. It wasn't HIM psychologically. It's really sad :(

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
That is weird as fuck that there's clearly a little kid standing in the background of his titantron. And I don't even mean that from a creepy hindsight perspective, I mean it's just weird.

·
Registered
376 Posts
That is weird as fuck that there's clearly a little kid standing in the background of his titantron. And I don't even mean that from a creepy hindsight perspective, I mean it's just weird.
I don't think it's weird. It's clearly meant to be Benoit's character as a child - the screaming shot is mimicked and you can see him comforting the kid from behind after he screams at him.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I actually thought the same thing before, but just thought it was me over thinking. Glad to see others see something weird about it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Creepy creepy creepy, really wish I hadn't read this at midnight while I am home alone...

But why is there a child in the video? What does a child have to do with his gimmick in 2003?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah, that is kind of creepy. On a lighter note, Benoit and Eddie's combo entrance in the Smackdown fist stage was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Oh yeah, poor little Benoit right? "It was his mental state"

That guy the other week that fucking ate someone's face was clearly off his head, should we feel sorry for him? Hell, Hitler had mental problems, should we just forgive him for the holocaust?

Wrestling fans baffle me sometimes. Utterly fucking bizarre.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Someone is gonna think I'm trolling when I say, but it was probably illuminati. They like to put subliminals in stuff and this seems like something along those lines

Sent from my Ally using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
THIS IS SO CREEPY...

In all seriousness though, I think sometimes maybe the people that say they understand the story the most just aren't getting it. I don't claim to completely know what happened with Benoit and I never will, so that's not what I am referring to. However, its usually the case with high profile(or even personal)deaths that people feel that what they are being told isn't the truth or complete truth. Sometimes those suspicions are just and sometimes they are not.

In this case... I really think that Chris Benoit's story was altered. But the point I want to make in this thread is that as this video may appear to mean much more than it did, maybe the truth is not of Benoit's influence on the video, but of another person's influence or the industry's knowledge that Benoit was teetering on the edge and maybe they could benefit.

Basically, the 'Crippler Crossface' may have been the victim in this situation far more than anyone even knows. With no one left standing and therefore no trial, it has to be stated.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.