Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It's understandable that people hate and insult the man for the actions he committed in the last few days of his life... but to post something like that is insulting the memory of his poor kid.

Joking about the murder of an innocent young child is sick and you should be fucking banned.

As for Benoit himself, like I said - I understand why people hate him and insult him on here. But I personally find it hard to have been a big fan of his stiff work ethics and superb talent for all these years and then insult him for a crime he committed, when it was probably down to all those years of dedication to that particular style that probably caused his brain to turn to mush and bring him to do something so heinous.

If someone could turn around and show me indeniable proof that Benoit was of able body and mind at the time he killed his wife and kid, then fair enough - I'd probably never look back at his career the same way again. But until that day I will happily remember the performer that I loved to watch who probably took more than a few too many tough shots just to entertain me and thousands like me.
LOVE U BENOIT :mad:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I'm more then aware what the fucking disease is considering more then one person in my family has had it and it could be a likelyhood for me one day so I even have gone to the point in finding cures to prevent it.
Same here, My Grandad had it at a relatively early age, so it looking like a likelyhood for me probably, hopefully theres a cure (theyre doing some research in wales about daffodils having something in the them that regresses it I think) or, worst comes to the worst I can still remember to buy a shotgun....

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Same here, My Grandad had it at a relatively early age, so it looking like a likelyhood for me probably, hopefully theres a cure (theyre doing some research in wales about daffodils having something in the them that regresses it I think) or, worst comes to the worst I can still remember to buy a shotgun....

Same with my Grandad

It's good to read, keep your mind busy apparently. Staying up to date with current events and such, it keeps the brain fresh.

Avoid chairshots and flying headbutts into announcers tables as well apparently...

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Same with my Grandad

It's good to read, keep your mind busy apparently. Staying up to date with current events and such, it keeps the brain fresh.

Avoid chairshots and flying headbutts into announcers tables as well apparently...
Damn, well thats my weekends ruined then...

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Doesn't make one bit of difference what background an individual has, once you get Alzheimers everything changes. Trust me, Benoit did not suffer from Alzheimers. I can maybe believe that he had another mental issue though.

Besides, it doesn't matter what mental issue he had, he's still a murderer. Charles Manson had some fucked up shit going on in his brain, does that justify all the shit he did? Actually, most WRESTLERS have fucked up shit going on, and you don't see them killing their children. I still cannot believe that there are people out there trying to justify Benoit's actions. If you still want to watch his matches then go right ahead, but don't act surprised when other people can't do the same.
No one ever said that he had Alzheimer's. The study showed that his brain resembled that of an Alzheimer's patient.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
As much as I respected him up until the June 25th weekend of 2007, what he did cannot be ignored.

Yes he deserved that standing ovation he got, and yes he was a great performer, but asking us to leave that weekend out of any Benoit related thread is like ignoring the elephant in the room.

Up until that weekend he was one of my favorites, but now anytime I hear his name I cringe. Anybody who still respects him and looks down on anybody who doesn't needs to get checked out. He's a murdering piece of shit. He took the life of his wife and 8 year old son, there is NO WAY IN HELL I can respect a man that did that. Yes he was a great wrestler, one of the best of all time, but one weekend like he had will erase everything he accomplished and justifiably so.

As for erasing from wrestling history, good for Vince a murderer, much less a child murderer does not deserve to be relevant in the wrestling business anymore.

·
Registered
849 Posts
why in the world would you decide to kill them in the first place, I would think the question of wondering why you would decide to kill her and yourself comes way before the question of why would you let your son suffer.
I can’t find a reason I can’t even imagine one, but if I were ever do some stupid shit like that I will decide to kill who ever is connected to me in order to spare them the fucking burden of what I did. I hope it makes sence “not that I’ll ever pull something like that” all I’m saying is I perfectly understand why he killed the son along with the wife.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
That standing ovation was planned. The way they filmed it and everything. It was planned. Means nothing. They did the same thing with Jeff Hardy.

Sorry for the rant, but this is becoming a touchy subject with me. I fail to understand the logic behind completely ignoring a man's life because of the circumstances of his death. I understand that I am not a parent and therefore cannot completely understand the knee-jerk reactions of those parent's quick to judge a man on his final moments, but if my own mother can overcome all of that and can take pleasure in watching a Chris Benoit match, why can't most people?
Not everyone is the same. Benoit is a joke now.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
How can you plan a standing ovation? Do you tell everybody as they're coming into the arena after Kurt and Chris wrestle stand and clap your hearts out for Benoit?

Not everything in wrestling is scripted, tool.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.