Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Dude, I honestly thought this thread was going to be a good one until I'd read that.... and from the original poster WTF!!!!

Jesus... yeah people will always remember what Benoit did to the family, and some will try and joke about it like the picture on the first page, but why did you need to include that as a post???

It's one thing to ask to close a thread, but it's taking it to another level if you're gonna ask to close a thread and use that as part of your post!!!

Back on topic... yeah I think that the standing ovation was a mark of respect from the fans in appreciation of a man's career to that point and unfortunately it's overlooked now by the actions taken later on in his life

oh... and Van Dayyyyum....

you deserve to be spitroasted by Lady GaGa and Chyna!!

wait? So because I tried to end the thread like he ended his life is all of the sudden out of line, yet no one taking this thread seriously before wasn't?

Face it everything from here on out and before (unfortunately) has been nothing more then Spam.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
you deserve to be spitroasted by Lady GaGa and Chyna!!
Why? People forget that Hitler did some good stuff before he went mental, he pulled Germany out of surefire bankruptcy and got them to prosper, and then went batshit insane. Sort of like Benoit, you can do good all through your life, but if the last thing you do is so horrible and evil, THATS how you go down in history..

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I loved that standing ovation! Benoit deserved it!

You're implying that Kane isn't a good wrestler. Which would be a poor assessment to make.
I would say that this is a very accurate assessment. Kane is only slightly better than Nailz.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Oh btw, I'm still not buying that he had a brain of a "60 year old Alzheimers patient"... My grandma has Alzheimers, and I can tell you for a fact that she wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING that Benoit did on a daily basis. I believe that Benoit simply went ape-shit.

And fuck talking about his wrestling accolades. Once upon a time he may of been the greatest, but right now all he is a piece of shit. No way around it. And I love how some of you are questioning the immaturity of people ITT... lol, right, we're immature for not appreciating child murderer.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
That's a very black and white way of looking at it. Unfortunately real life just isn't this simple.
Life is that simple, buddy. Thats why people who kill people (unless in self defence, and Im sure a seven year old kid wasnt a threat to Benoit) go to jail. It is the singlemost digusting and abhorent act a human being can commit.

Oh btw, I'm still not buying that he had a brain of a "60 year old Alzheimers patient"... My grandma has Alzheimers, and I can tell you for a fact that she wouldn't be able to do ANYTHING that Benoit did on a daily basis. I believe that Benoit simply went ape-shit.

And fuck talking about his wrestling accolades. Once upon a time he may of been the greatest, but right now all he is a piece of shit. No way around it. And I love how some of you are questioning the immaturity of people ITT... lol, right, we're immature for not appreciating child murderer.
Amen to that brother, if any of you had ever seen a Alzheimers sufferer, you'd know they werent capable of ANYTHING, let alone murdering people over a weekend, Alzheimers is scary, they are totally helpless, confused, shells of human beings.

·
Banned
2,823 Posts
You what the irony about you in this thread is Austin101? Is that I've seen you troll about Jeff Hardy bashing him for his drug use yet you support a murderer. Then you expect everyone to forget what he did (which is a gazillion times worse than any other crime) when you don't do nothing but troll yourself.

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
@SelfHighFive, I really never took the Jeff Hardy thing seriously.

Life is that simple, buddy. Thats why people who kill people (unless in self defence, and Im sure a seven year old kid wasnt a threat to Benoit) go to jail. It is the singlemost digusting and abhorent act a human being can commit.

Amen to that brother, if any of you had ever seen a Alzheimers sufferer, you'd know they werent capable of ANYTHING, let alone murdering people over a weekend, Alzheimers is scary, they are totally helpless, confused, shells of human beings.

Most people that have Alzheimers also don't have the age, strength, build, fighting background Benoit did.

·
Registered
678 Posts
And I love how some of you are questioning the immaturity of people ITT... lol, right, we're immature for not appreciating child murderer.
I don't think anyone would want you to appreciate a child murderer, but it would indeed be moronic to not draw a distinction between someone who kills for pleasure or power and someone who kills because he's mentally fucked-up.

Given what everybody who knew the man says about his character prior to the killing, I seriously doubt he would have killed his family had he never abused steroids and god knows what other prescription drugs that wrecked his head.

But, at the end of the day, you are quite correct. You are defined by your actions. Benoit may [probably] never intending on killing anyone, but he was the one who abused his body for all those years and so - regardless of his mental state at the time of the murders - he is absolutely responsible and absolutely to blame.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts

Most people that have Alzheimers also don't have the age, strength, build, fighting background Benoit did.
Doesn't make one bit of difference what background an individual has, once you get Alzheimers everything changes. Trust me, Benoit did not suffer from Alzheimers. I can maybe believe that he had another mental issue though.

Besides, it doesn't matter what mental issue he had, he's still a murderer. Charles Manson had some fucked up shit going on in his brain, does that justify all the shit he did? Actually, most WRESTLERS have fucked up shit going on, and you don't see them killing their children. I still cannot believe that there are people out there trying to justify Benoit's actions. If you still want to watch his matches then go right ahead, but don't act surprised when other people can't do the same.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have to admit, I find it difficult to watch Benoit's matches now. Regardless of how great they were.

He killed his wife and his child - for that, the guy deserves to burn in hell

Also, for anyone who tries to denounce what he did, or make it seem normal, you deserve to go the same way IMO.

·
Harley's Circus
2,555 Posts
At the end of the day
His reign as champion was not that great for it to overshadow the murders he commited.

For example Stone Cold he beat his wife and verbally abused her. That doesn't matter though because his career is soo much bigger than that. The stone cold persona is what everyone will remembers
Benoit doesn't have that same draw because his crimes are what everyone knows him for. If he was an iconic wrestler people would not associate him with the murders so much.

·
The legend never dies
4,352 Posts
chris beniot the wrestler is one of the very best to tie up a wrestling boot he could make you look the best wrestler out there. but chris beniot the man is different but i dont think this thread is about the man but the legacy he left i agree he did deserve the ovation rip beniot family

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Given what everybody who knew the man says about his character prior to the killing, I seriously doubt he would have killed his family had he never abused steroids and god knows what other prescription drugs that wrecked his head.
You live by the sword you die by the sword, Benoit used Steroids for his own gain, he did so simply to get higher up the ladder and I'd be willing to bet he did so out of his own free will, if those same drugs are blamed for his mental health in the lead up to his brutal killing spree then he has to be blamed and he has to be held responsible!

On another note, I've started thinking about him again without feeling repulsed, anyone else agree or is it still unnerving?

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I don't think anyone would want you to appreciate a child murderer, but it would indeed be moronic to not draw a distinction between someone who kills for pleasure or power and someone who kills because he's mentally fucked-up.

But, at the end of the day, you are quite correct. You are defined by your actions. Benoit may [probably] never intending on killing anyone, but he was the one who abused his body for all those years and so - regardless of his mental state at the time of the murders - he is absolutely responsible and absolutely to blame.

Unfortunately this is true.

Now for comic relief.

Why was Chris Benoit so strong?

He was always hanging around the gym...

No?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

Background doesnt matter, you get Alzheimers, you are basically a human goldfish, you dont even have a clue who YOU are.

He is indeed, noone forced him to take steriods ( a much more likely reason as to why he did what he did, I know a lot of steriod takers unfortunately, and they are prone to the most ridiculous bouts of rage), he did what he did, a person live and dies by his/hers actions. His actions were despicable, so we judge him for that.

And I do draw a distinction between him and say, Peter Sutcliffe, but only in the way that I regard Sutcliffe as more evil than Benoit, not that Benoit was a good guy with problems.

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Background doesnt matter, you get Alzheimers, you are basically a human goldfish, you dont even have a clue who YOU are.

He is indeed, noone forced him to take steriods ( a much more likely reason as to why he did what he did, I know a lot of steriod takers unfortunately, and they are prone to the most ridiculous bouts of rage), he did what he did, a person live and dies by his/hers actions. His actions were despicable, so we judge him for that.

I'm more then aware what the fucking disease is considering more then one person in my family has had it and it could be a likelyhood for me one day so I even have gone to the point in finding cures to prevent it.

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
My girlfriend bought me the Armageddon 2005 DVD which had Booker/Benoit on it. I tried watching it but just couldn't do it.
This is actually hilarious because at that PPV he goes to attack Sharmell.

:lmao

I think you'd be more then disturbed.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.