Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Its not fair to say that he was in a state of dementia when he obviously premeditated a lot of the things he did.
Does the fact that he was not in his right mind change the fact that he still beat his wife when he was in his right mind???
In a perfect world there would be an excuse for what he did. He killed his wife and child in the most cowardly way. He even had time to go on the internet and go about his business while their were dead bodies in his house.

Hes a great wrestler but hes always going to be looked down upon as a muderer and a coward.
Where's the proof that anything he did was pre-meditated? I certainly haven't seen anything to suggest that. My issue is how, out of nowhere, the single most respected man in professional wrestling can do a complete 180 and consciously do what he did.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
fpalm Do you realize how often innocent people get sent to jail for stuff they didn't do? Not saying that Benoit didn't do it, it's more than likely that he did. However, the fact that police said something doesn't make it "gospel".

Back on topic, the standing ovation that Benoit got was great. It pretty much showed everyone that he could hang with the big boys and that there was no reason why he shouldn't be in the main event.
Yeah, not very often. At all. Possibly about 1% (and thats being generous) of all people jailed were innocent. Especially nowadays.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
Did you seriously expect to have a Benoit thread without the subject of his murders coming up?

C'mon guys be realistic, the man murdered his wife and child and then killed himself. That completely outways anything he did in wrestling, you cant talk about Benoit without talking about what he did.

Thats what makes it so sad, not only the fact that his family are dead, but the fact that he is always going to be remembered for murdering his family, not anything he did in wrestling.

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Did you seriously expect to have a Benoit thread without the subject of his murders coming up?
C'mon guys be realistic, the man murdered his wife and child and then killed himself. That completely outways anything he did in wrestling, you cant talk about Benoit without talking about what he did.

Thats what makes it so sad, not only the fact that his family are dead, but the fact that he is always going to be remembered for murdering his family, not anything he did in wrestling.

Uhh yeah.

I put it in the first damn sentance but the maturity level of this forum is brutal.

If you don't like the thread or who it's about, how about getting the fuck out?

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Can we please leave June 2007 out of this?

We should forget about the biggest heel turn in wrestling history? What's next, forget the Austin 3:16 speech at KOTR 96?

Personally I cant watch any match with him now because the murders have tainted how good he was in the ring. Hes lower than trash in my eyes now. I admit he worked his ass off but I bet even Benoit knew his legacy would forever be tarnished by what he did.

Still it was impressive that he got an ovation like that.

It's unlikely you will find many wrestlers that are pure as snow is white. I'm a wrestling fan, when I see Benoit in a match, I remember he was a great wrestler. When he think of him outside the ring, that's when I think of him as a murdering scumbag. Seeing how this thread revolves around the wrestling aspect of his life, the murdering thing should be nothing but a passing thought.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
Uhh yeah.

I put it in the first damn sentance but the maturity level of this forum is brutal.

If you don't like the thread or who it's about, how about getting the fuck out?
I have no problem with the thread of talk of Benoit, but you are seriously deluded and a little dumb if you thought his actions in death were not going to come up.

Its always going to come up, because its what Benoit is now mainly remembered for.

Sorry if you dont like the truth, but commen sense would tell you people are going to talk about it in a Chris Benoit thread.

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I have no problem with the thread of talk of Benoit, but you are seriously deluded and a little dumb if you thought his actions in death were not going to come up.

Its always going to come up, because its what Benoit is now mainly remembered for.

Sorry if you dont like the truth, but commen sense would tell you people are going to talk about it in a Chris Benoit thread.

Honestly, yes I expected it to come up.

I didn't expect it to take up the bulk of six pages.

If were not going to talk about this moment, just close this shit because it's been done to death. No fucking pun intended.

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
He killed Nancy and Daniel on different days. That makes Daniel's murder pre-meditated.

Yes, if I had realized I killed my wife and was going to die, there's a chance I wouldn't want my seven year old son to not only see the parents dead in the house but live his whole life knowing what he had done. Face it, Benoit didn't know what to do. Plus his brain was fried. Not saying what he did was right but those are facts.

Note to self: Never make a Benoit thread again.

Close this now.

•The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open."
•"My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayeteville Georgia. 30215"

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Honestly, yes I expected it to come up.

I didn't expect it to take up the bulk of six pages.

If were not going to talk about this moment, just close this shit because it's been done to death. No fucking pun intended.
Mate, if were just even a little realistic, you surely couldnt expect a thread about what a great moment a subhuman piece of scum like Benoit was involved in was ever going to be full of positivity.

The moral of the story is, dont make Benoit threads. Normal people dont care what he did before he killed his family. Something so despicable as what he did totally discounts anything good he ever did. Thats just the way life goes, murderers are never going to be accepted.

·
Registered
678 Posts
He killed Nancy and Daniel on different days. That makes Daniel's murder pre-meditated.
I don't really want to discuss this, but actually no it doesn't. If he hadn't killed the wife he wouldn't have killed the son. I don't think either killing was pre-meditated. I think Benoit's fucked up brain finally gave up on him. To say he wasn't thinking straight would be a slight understatement.

That's not an excuse for him BTW. I'm just saying what he did was utterly uncharacteristic of the man.

Actually I think Benoit was slightly overrated as a wrestler. He was technically sound but completely lacked charisma, was terrible on the mic and was - quite frankly - rather dull. For all his supposed 'greatness' in the ring there's only a few matches of his I enjoy watching.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I don't really want to discuss this, but actually no it doesn't. If he hadn't killed the wife he wouldn't have killed the son. I don't think either killing was pre-meditated. I think Benoit's fucked up brain finally gave up on him. To say he wasn't thinking straight would be a slight understatement.

That's not an excuse for him BTW. I'm just saying what he did was utterly uncharacteristic of the man.

Actually I think Benoit was slightly overrated as a wrestler. He was technically sound but completely lacked charisma, was terrible on the mic and was - quite frankly - rather dull. For all his supposed 'greatness' in the ring there's only a few matches of his I enjoy watching.
No murderer ever thinks straight. They are murderers.

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
You can't put Benoit on the same level as Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy. It's not like the man got thrills from killing innocent people over and over with his own sick mind. The guy made a terrible mistake and payed for it in a terrible way.

I completely agree with you on the first part (the murders)

As a wrestler, I've never seen anyone do it better in that ring and could list probably 100 more then enjoyable Benoit matches.

·
Registered
245 Posts
•The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open."
•"My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayeteville Georgia. 30215"
Dude, I honestly thought this thread was going to be a good one until I'd read that.... and from the original poster WTF!!!!

Jesus... yeah people will always remember what Benoit did to the family, and some will try and joke about it like the picture on the first page, but why did you need to include that as a post???

It's one thing to ask to close a thread, but it's taking it to another level if you're gonna ask to close a thread and use that as part of your post!!!

Back on topic... yeah I think that the standing ovation was a mark of respect from the fans in appreciation of a man's career to that point and unfortunately it's overlooked now by the actions taken later on in his life

oh... and Van Dayyyyum....
brb gaiz, gonna go make a Hitler appreciate thread.
you deserve to be spitroasted by Lady GaGa and Chyna!!

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.