Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
14,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we please leave June 2007 out of this?

----------------------------------------------

Rumble 03

Moving on:

Re-watching Benoit-Angle and seeing Boston give Chris his rightful praise...I think is quite possibly one of the most "Feel Good" moments of all time.

Everyone talks about the Mania 20 moment with Eddie and rightfully so but I just watched Benoit's ovation again and for a guy without mic skills and "wwe marketing" to get that kind of ovation is a testament to his skill and the match that took place.

I could re-watch this over and over and feel it's an underrated moment in wrestling history.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
The fact that he got the title in 2004 instead of earlier in his career, like he deserved, is a shame. The man worked his ass off to get where he got to be in the business and he deserved everything he earned.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
As much as I would love to leave June 2007 out of this, unfortunately these boards are filled with assholes. Someone's gonna come along eventually.

I remember the moment you're talking about, and I agree that it was very special. Benoit's had a lot of great moments in his career, and I definitely miss the guy. One of the most inspirational technical wrestlers of all time.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
I wish Kane wasn't Taker's fake brother, people would've actually been honest about him this whole time. He's a very poor big man. People can complain about Sheamus all they want (Hell, I've done it too), but even Sheamus is 10 times the talent that Kane is and he hasn't even done much yet.

As for Benoit's standing ovation, I don't really condone giving standing ovation's for in ring work alone, but this is the greatest match of all time so I'll say it was fully deserved.

·
Banned
2,823 Posts
I wish Kane wasn't Taker's fake brother, people would've actually been honest about him this whole time. He's a very poor big man. People can complain about Sheamus all they want (Hell, I've done it too), but even Sheamus is 10 times the talent that Kane is and he hasn't even done much yet.
Big Show is better than both of them in every way. Great story teller and a better talker than most. He never gets any credit though while people still think Kane should be a world champ cause he was relevant 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Kane is irrelevant to a benoit match thread.

personally that match is so overated its not funny, but then again it was good if you enjoy technical wrestling and such. Personally id prefer something a little more, Violent. Benoit really didnt have a personality, or Mic Skills, but he was a good technical wrestler, thats better than some can say.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Big Show is better than both of them in every way. Great story teller and a better talker than most. He never gets any credit though while people still think Kane should be a world champ cause he was relevant 10 years ago.
Neither of them are very good, I was just using a very mediocre big man as a crutch to denigrate a very bad big man. I agree, for someone that huge he's not bad in the ring at all and he's entertaining on the mic when he does get the chance. He plays a great heel or face as well. I'm not a mark for Big Show, per se, I don't mind if he gets a push or not but he knows how to be entertaining. His storyline with Mayweather alone is better than everything in Kane's career with the exception of the one fued that was unbelievable because he just stood there as a silent monster and let Paul Bearer do all the work for him.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
The fact that he got the title in 2004 instead of earlier in his career, like he deserved, is a shame. The man worked his ass off to get where he got to be in the business and he deserved everything he earned.
Agreed, I am neutral towards Benoit the person, I am not sure what to think however Benoit the entertainer/wrestler was one of a kind and no one can disagree on that.

Even fellow wrestlers would say so, I remember in one shoot Triple H said something (don't quote me word for word), a few years ago a new kid was acting all tough on hsi first day, Chris told him that he will gain his respect if he does 500 pushups right there on the floor in the back, he looked at CHris like he was nuts... Chris smiled and said, don't worry I'll do them with you, the next day the kid came with sore shoulders and arms and couldn't move, was all numb, Chris told him to do 2000 more. ><

seriously thuogh, some of the greatest bouts that I can remember involved Chris Benwa and he has always given his heart.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Kane isn't a bad wrestler for his size WTF.

Benoit deserved the standing ovation he got. And unlike others, I remember him for his work before June 2007 than what happened that day. As he was a great wrestler, and should be remembered as such.

As for the whole 2007 thing, we weren't there, so no one will truely know what happened. All we know for sure is one very talented tchnical wrestler, his wife and kid died.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.