Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Banned
1,005 Posts
Chris Benoit's son David is reportedly training to become a professional wrestler. He's just now started lifting weights but word is that he's done some working out with David Hart Smith, son of the late British Bulldog.

Apparently Benoit has also kept in touch with Chris Jericho. Jericho noted in his most recent book that David called him up after the murders and asked if he would still be able to attend wrestling events.

Source: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe..._Recent_Photos_of_David_Benoit_Two_Stars.html

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,872 Posts
I think he would be welcomed with open arms by most of the wrestling community, but I would think that the WWE would not even acknowledge him due to his name.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
I hope it works out for him. No-one his age should have experienced the pain he has. Listening to the idiotic chants you hear at wrestling shows these days, I wouldn't be surprised if some fans started chants relating to his dad. It's sad to say, but there are more than enough people stupid enough to do it.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,087 Posts
Yeah WWE would have to change his name obviously were they ever to sign him.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,872 Posts
He looks like Harvey Wippleman would destroy him.

·
Banned
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Potential? They'd be capitalizing on a true story of a man who suffered a complete mental breakdown and killed two innocent people. I'd like to think Vince had more class than that.....
I think the kid might try to use it though, and I wouldn't blame him. ...well I might, but I'd see why. Think of the originality. Think of how he'd want to make up for what his dad did by winning the one title. he didn't. The wwe championship.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I doubt wwe will give him a chance TBH. Plus he was really skinn. Even if he did lift weights he probably wont get big enough for WWE standers

5,116 Posts
I hope it works out for him. No-one his age should have experienced the pain he has. Listening to the idiotic chants you hear at wrestling shows these days, I wouldn't be surprised if some fans started chants relating to his dad. It's sad to say, but there are more than enough people stupid enough to do it.
I don’t think most people are that clueless - or I hope not. Besides, if the chants were negative and something unwanted, I can’t imagine other wrestlers would take kindly to it and someone would set the crowds straight on that pretty fast. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he chose to work under a different name( if he does make it into the pro wrestling world), many do and theirs have less baggage than the Benoit name now does.

Why shouldn't he? He never hurt anyone.
Exactly. His father’s actions are no responsibility of his. All the best to him.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts