Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/nxt/527794-nxt-season-4-update.html

With NXT Season 4 seemingly confirmed and coming soon and said to be a male competitor season again choose your 8 male rookies for season 4 here

The Official FCW Roster Page : http://www.fcwwrestling.info/talent.html
Choose 8 guys from this page , its what they will really be using

Copy/Pasting the pictures of your picks is encouraged as most of us don't know who the heck most of these guys even are

Anyway , my own picks would be :

This would be almost an "All star" season if those are the guys. Mason Ryan who will probably instantly be seen as the 2nd coming of Batista by most. Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) , hes crazy good. Abraham Washington has already been established on ECW. Xavier Woods is actually consequences creed. Richie & Brett are the sons of WWE legends.

However , realistically speaking I think they will tarnish season 4 by putting clowns/jobber looking guys like these in the mix :

So in all seriousness I expect to see like half of my picks , plus like 2 of these jobbers , plus the Rey Mysterio look alike (Pictured below) + 1 totally random guy I didn't even put a pic of here

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Maybe Jaimie can try out again.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I see what you did there , but I'd like that even if they have her competing against males and referring to her as a male. Shes the only "man" I'm gay for :D

·
Registered
12,078 Posts
:lmao:lmao:lmao Tyler Black as Seth Rollins, shit, I didn't even know that's what they named him.

Edit: I don't think that Abe Wash would work out as wrestler. Last time I saw him wrestling he was still too green.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
That actually looks like a good lineup tho. Except for Abraham Washington because I HATE HIM SO F'N MUCH.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I don't like the OP's picks, too many people who deserve attention. Ideally there shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 on the show who have a real future so that they can recieve the attention while the others make up the numbers and possibly provide us with some memorable moments (Make It A Win for example)

I'm not all that familiar with some of the newer guys but I would definitely look to have Seth Rollins and Richie Steamboat; Woods I'd hold off on for a while. As for the jobbers, Leo Kruger has never impressed me and Big E Langston doesn't seem to have much of an upside. I'd say Mason Ryan as well but he's clearly going to be a star, I just hope they don't bring him up in the next 3 years.

Oh, and the Mysterio lookalike is Tito Colon, cousin of Carlito and Primo, under the mask. He pulls double duty, teaming with Hunico as Los Avidores and working singles as himself.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Well I'm going to have a go at using the first two season's template.

The Kaval/Bryan: Seth Rollins (Well known and loved wrestler)
The Gabriel/Hennig: Richie Steamboat (Can wrestle and have a personality but can't cut a promo)
The Sheffield/Watson: Derek Bateman (Athletic big guy with personality)
The Otunga/Oneil: Mason Ryan (Can't wrestle but can talk somewhat)
The Slater/Cannon: Bo Rotundo (Can wrestle but have no personality)
The Barrett/Riley: Johnny Curtis (Total package guy)
The filler guys: Xavier Woods and Brad Maddox

·
Registered
980 Posts
Only two guys that I would like to see on NXT (or in WWE period) from FCW: Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed in TNA) and Johnny Curtis.

It has been awhile since I have seen FCW (Riley was the Champ back then). However, I wouldn't be shocked if they put Mason Ryan on NXT just for his size factor.

If I had to choose 8:

Mason Ryan
Xavier Woods
Johnny Curtis
Bo Rotundo
Brad Maddox
Derrick Bateman
Seth Rollins (WWE give him a better name once he does move up)
Jacob Novak (underdog factor)

Its worth bringing up that the FCW Champ during that season has been on NXT (Riley and Gabriel).

·
Registered
934 Posts
My only comment is that I'd be very surprised if Ricky Steamboat's son was to compete on NXT. He will just be handed up to WWE when he's ready.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
I wouldn't choose 8 again. To many wrestlers get called up and WWE eventually runs out of wrestlers. I say keep bringing six at a time. But do we really need NXT? Why not have creative debuts? Put video packages together or even better debut a guy in a big PPV. Imagine Mason Ryan debuting after interfering in a PPV match? Or Xavier Woods debuting by helping out Kofi Kingston who is being attacked by heels? WWE has lost their art of making exciting debuts. Is not really that hard if they actually make an effort.

Even crappy video packages that don't get you excited end up good down the line. Del Rio's packages were horrible and now everybody loves the guy. WWE just needs to put more efforts into debuts. They don't need NXT.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
seth rollins
xavier woods
derrick bateman
johnny curtis
brad maddox
jackson andrews
richie steamboat
damien sandow

none of these guys suck

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
I wouldn't choose 8 again. To many wrestlers get called up and WWE eventually runs out of wrestlers. I say keep bringing six at a time. But do we really need NXT? Why not have creative debuts? Put video packages together or even better debut a guy in a big PPV. Imagine Mason Ryan debuting after interfering in a PPV match? Or Xavier Woods debuting by helping out Kofi Kingston who is being attacked by heels? WWE has lost their art of making exciting debuts. Is not really that hard if they actually make an effort.

Even crappy video packages that don't get you excited end up good down the line. Del Rio's packages were horrible and now everybody loves the guy. WWE just needs to put more efforts into debuts. They don't need NXT.
You've got a point. NXT was/is completely impossible to sustain. calling up 16 TV ready guys in a short time period stretched FCW a lot. If it wasn't for season 3, there would be litterally nobody left ready to be called up if WWE needed somebody. And that's not a good thing.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Johnny Curtis is a definite choice, he's a great talent. I'm not too familiar with the other FCW guys but as long as WWE are using talents that are ready for television and not too green i won't mind it.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
My Dream Picks would be:

The Coon Eric Cartmen
Braden Walker cause he won everything else there is to win
Braden Walkers Brother cause Braden is so good he can have somebody rides his coattails
Brutus Beefcake Jr. cause we need another one

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Well I'm going to have a go at using the first two season's template.

The Kaval/Bryan: Seth Rollins (Well known and loved wrestler)
The Gabriel/Hennig: Richie Steamboat (Can wrestle and have a personality but can't cut a promo)
The Sheffield/Watson: Derek Bateman (Athletic big guy with personality)
The Otunga/Oneil: Mason Ryan (Can't wrestle but can talk somewhat)
The Slater/Cannon: Bo Rotundo (Can wrestle but have no personality)
The Barrett/Riley: Johnny Curtis (Total package guy)
The filler guys: Xavier Woods and Brad Maddox
Steamboat can't talk? I've heard he's one of the better 2nd gen superstars in the ring and on the mic.

Btw, you need guys that suck as well.

My List-
Trent Baretta (nobody knows who he is, so just let him do NXT and show talent.)
Yoshi Tatsu (see Baretta)
Johnny Curtis
Jackson Andrews
Xavier Woods
Abe Washington
Jinder Mahal
Brett Dibiase

Way too early for Rollins and Steamboat to come up. They had Danielson wait 6 months before making his WWE debut, Kaval waited almost 2 years! Black has been signed for only 6 weeks or so. Steamboat is only 23 and just went to FCW as well. Mason Ryan is too green, and with Andrews on the show, it would just weaken Ryan from being the powerhouse. Rotunda didn't make it last season because of his age, he won't make it this season as well.

Here you have the top 2 that look like they be future main eventer:Baretta, Curtis, maybe even Andrews
You have the guys that are good and be a staple in the midcard, possibly main event from time to time-Woods and Dibiase.
Then you have the 2 lower talents in for internation appeal-Mahal and Tatsu
And the jobber-Abe Washington. He should be first eliminated and join the commentary clusterfuck which is always enjoyable. (Make him like a scout since he was in FCW with these guys)

BTW, if Mahal was given a Muhammad Hassan gimmick I would totally mark

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
They need a dud or two in there for an easy elimination, I have a feeling they'll throw in Brodus Clay or Jackson Andrews.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Seth Rollins
Mason Ryan
Johnny Curtis
Brett DiBiase
Richie Steamboat
Xavier Woods

Only 6.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts