Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you started your own wrestling company maybe small and territorial what 3 stars out of everyone under Vince's era would u choose. The catch is that you can't just pick someone like Rock and have them be huge from the start or Stone Cold. If it took Rock a couple years to get huge then it will take the same amount of time in ur organization to be that big. Would you take someone and try to get ur wrestling company bigger at the start or would u try to grow gradually over time. It took some guys less time to be huge but the megastars of this era it took them a couple years so would u rather megastars in 4 years or a star in half that time. Goldberg was huge his first year really so would u pick him or someone like Cena who it only took maybe 2 or 3 years or someone like Henry where he has been around forever and only recently has his character been great.

Me I'd pick Lesnar, Goldberg, and Rock just cuz Goldberg had that look and charisma about him to be booked in a streak. He wasn't great on the mic but man his expressions and mannerisms were great and while that streak I'd have a beast like Lesnar apprear and be is rival. All during this Rock would be growing and getting bigger and bigger over time until he is the great one. Lesnar as the heel, Goldberg as the face and Rock as the cocky badass face.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Nice thread. But maybe you should rename the thread to "If starting your own promotion, which 3 young stars would you get to push as the top guys" or something like that.

Well, I'd definitely go with Goldberg, because of his look and how easy it is for someone to get behind him. As for the other 2, I would go with Muhammad Hassan and maybe Rey Mysterio. There, you have a top face that everyone will love (Goldberg), an underdog face (Mysterio; everyone loves a good underdog story), and a top heel (Hassan) who generates quick heat better than anyone.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I don't get this thread, surely everyone would pick Rock, Hogan and Austin, the three biggest draws in professional wrestling of all time.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I don't get this thread, surely everyone would pick Rock, Hogan and Austin, the three biggest draws in professional wrestling of all time.
I think the topic is supposed to be like "Which unestablished guys would you choose to push as the top guys if you were starting a promotion". For example, if youw ere choosing The Rock, it would be him in 1996, Hogan in the early 80s, and so on.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the topic is supposed to be like "Which unestablished guys would you choose to push as the top guys if you were starting a promotion". For example, if youw ere choosing The Rock, it would be him in 1996, Hogan in the early 80s, and so on.
Exactly. I'm saying if u pick someone like Rock he wouldn't just come in huge. It took him a couple years to be great and he would be in ur promotion for that amount of years until he was great. Like I said if anyone would pick Henry he would be in ur promotion doing what he has done for 14 years getting injuries, comedy and having a baby hand but in that 15th year he would be what he is atm. I know everyone would pick Rock, Hogan and Austin if they were already coming in established. But they aren't that's why the decision could be hard if u were owner. U could get Goldberg who was huge year number one or get Cena who was getting big year number 4.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,055 Posts
I'd go with Stone Cold, The Rock and Undertaker

Stone Cold and The Rock are easy, simply because they are hugely charismatic wrestlers and it dosen't even matter if you had to start from the very beginning with them. Over time they would still become break out stars and make the promotion a lot of money.

As for Undertaker. Well he's the whole package and given his gmmick I would not say no to Taker. As well as that he serves his purpose as a special attraction and I think he'd work well as a heel against Austin and Rock.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Austin as my babyface/heel
Taker as my cornerstone and holding guy who can put on performances and captivate
Shawn Michaels, someone who can put on great performances and is good on the stick aswell as a ladies man back in the day.

So ive got the hard ass men covered with Austin, I've got the ladies covered with Shawn and I've got the kids covered with the mystical and scary Undertaker. All of which are good on the mic, can put in good performances and have plenty of drawing to come.

Also if I could have 1 Diva to go I'd take Stacy Keibler. Cutey and would make for a good manager/poster girl to get the dads interested lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Shawn Michaels would be my first option, he is a very talented and charismatic wrestler
Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Triple H, Stone Cold or The Rock would be great too

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I'd have Austin, Bret and Shawn because the in ring quality would be awesome and they could all be involved in countless great feuds with the other members of the roster and all three could switch seamlessly between being face and heel.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts