Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first, like most of you folks here, I was against The Big Show main eventing on RAW but really, after watching that table spot with Orton and how excellent it was, it has made me realize why Show fit this role better than someone like Daniel Bryan could. Let's face it though honestly, Can anyone imagine Bryan dominating Orton that way and putting him through the table? Bryan doesn't have that look, size or credibility and really, Orton effortlessly towers over him when they stand face to face. The only role Bryan fits in well, is being a babyface underdog, he can't be a bad-ass asskicker. Big show can, and actually is pretty entertaining at it.

We wrestling fans are so constantly consumed with "building new stars" every week, every show, every PPV etc....but what we forget is the actual fun aspect of a TV show. So who cares if an old guy is main eventing over a young guy? What should matter is, whether it's entertaining or not. The Big show beat down on Orton was greatly entertaining and fun to watch.

·
Banned
11,717 Posts
Re: "Chokeslam through the table" is the reason Show fits this story better than Brya

When Show/Orton bombs in the ratings again :ti

·
YES!
2,390 Posts
Re: "Chokeslam through the table" is the reason Show fits this story better than Brya

:yes Daniel Bryan > Big Show

·
The Man
25,726 Posts

:lol yeah that one table spot is why Big Show is the better choice

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts

At first, like most of you folks here, I was against The Big Show main eventing on RAW but really, after watching that table spot with Orton and how excellent it was, it has made me realize why Show fit this role better than someone like Daniel Bryan could. Let's face it though honestly, Can anyone imagine Bryan dominating Orton that way and putting him through the table? Bryan doesn't have that look, size or credibility and really, Orton effortlessly towers over him when they stand face to face. The only role Bryan fits in well, is being a babyface underdog, he can't be a bad-ass asskicker. Big show can, and actually is pretty entertaining at it.

We wrestling fans are so constantly consumed with "building new stars" every week, every show, every PPV etc....but what we forget is the actual fun aspect of a TV show. So who cares if an old guy is main eventing over a young guy? What should matter is, whether it's entertaining or not. The Big show beat down on Orton was greatly entertaining and fun to watch.
It's true that Show 'fits' in the role, but the push is wasted. Any wrestler can put anyone through the table if they set it up right, by the way.

Don't tell me that Bryan can't be a bad-ass asskicker. If WWE wrote it in the script, then he would be able to do it. WWE can make anyone look like a million bucks. But they refuse. They wouldn't even have to use Bryan, they could use Ziggler, or someone, anyone else that hasn't been in the business for over a decade and needs a push. It's got it's own level of entertainment, but it would be so much better if the angle used the right person. It doesn't feel fresh because Big Show has been on television for years. Fans want to see fresh feuds.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts

I believe Big Show is a better ass kicker than Bryan. I just don't believe Bryan in that role. I only believe in Bryan in clean one on one matches. Even then I couldn't take Bryan serious against Triple H. Still, I could image that some other midcarder in need of a push could work better than Big Show who is solidly established.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts

Watch Bryan vs Ryback from during the summer, if you want to see how your "Bryan can't be an ass-kicker" claim holds up. He beats the shit out of Ryback and looks natural the whole time.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts

Yes, a closing spot that could be easily changed to something else (more befitting Bryan) is a reason for someone else to be in a month long program.

Lunatics.

·
Banned
163 Posts

It doesn't matter who's in that spot, it's the Triple H and Stephanie McMahon show... They don't even close the show unless The Authority is there. Which is a shame because I enjoyed Triple H's run and feuds with The Rock vs DX. However, he's no longer a wrestler and should be putting people over for his own benefit. It was like when the nWo feuded with someone, it was the Hulk Hogan show.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts

I don't know how a fat man who can barely walk can be seen as an asskicker. He was clearly limping because of all the cheeseburgers he's been eating while supposedly being broke. Orton just needed to go for the knee and he'd have won that confrontation.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts

You mean one spot can decide whether a guy fits a storyline or not?

·
Registered
203 Posts

Did they forget he was crying like a baby a few weeks ago? That's still all i think about when I see him lol.

·
Banned
6 Posts

Daniel Bryan used to beat the living shit out of the Big Show during their matches. He was fucking him up week after week and outsmarting. Making him look stupid..it's all booking. You're going off one spot..that's something that a little kid would think or see it as. Not a grown man with logical thinking who have seen factions and women beat men in this business before time and time again.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts

Big Show being the focal point of a program as a babyface in 2013 is pretty dumb. Plus, he is clearly leeching off of Bryan's heat.

With Kane involved, Bryan would be perfect for the current role.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts

I disagree.

Although I hate how some people are "Fuck Big Show, I don't care about that table spot" I mean, I don't like that Big Show is in this position nor do I care about his title match with Orton, but that was a pretty cool spot.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts

I've heard this argument many times before.

All this is likely to do is start a 20-page thread, with mark wars dominating every page.

·
Registered
752 Posts

Look Big Show just needs to fuck off. Plain and simple. Can't believe we have to put up with another 5 years of this baboon (he signed a 5 year contract this year).

·
Registered
4,261 Posts

Size matters folks. People will bring up MMA. But that entire sport is predicated on weight classes. If GSP was having to fight Heavyweights he'd be utterly destroyed and wouldn't be anywhere close top being a star. Same with Mayweather if he were fighting heavyweights.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts