Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PWInsider.com has been told in the wake of allegations against CHIKARA and owner Mike Quackenbush, an announcement is forthcoming that the promotion is shutting down.

We are told by multiple sources that Quackenbush will also announce he is resigning at the head trainer of the WrestleFactory in Philadelphia, PA.

CHIKARA was founded by Quackenbush in 2002.

This is a developing story and we will update shortly.
I expected this after I started seeing allegations against Quackenbush and others involved in CHIKARA come out over the past few days.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
A damn entertaining product. I have followed and enjoyed their brand of pro wrestling since their inception, that said with all the allegations out there, if even a small portion of them are true it's absolutely awful and this company needed to disappear to save people from that toxic of an environment.

·
Hiding in the shadows
998 Posts
This video below was posted just this morning. Mike goes through all of the accusations, replying to every one of them. Full disclosure, I met Mike at a particular local indie show in 2007. Of all the shows that ran over a few years, he only appeared on one of them. However, many CHIKARA talent were used on these shows. Gargano, Hero, Castagnoli, Cross, were just some of the names brought in. At the time in talking with Mike, he was very cordial, well-spoken and focused. It was a quick chat, nothing of substance. I took him to be genuine in our conversation. That was about a decade before these allegations seemed to have occurred. People change. Ideas change. Life can change. Now, I'm not going to say he's innocent of anything levied against him, simply because he does take responsibility for his actions and of others. You alone, are your own maker. Cradle to grave. Life or death.

Accusations personally against Mike, he takes responsibility and apologizes. Some accusations, made against someone other than Mike, (where Mike was not involved in said incident) but did happen within Mike's wrestling school or CHIKARA event, he takes responsibility for those accusations. I know most everyone won't believe him, or his apologies, but he seemed to be exhausted and completely spent, especially towards the end of the video. His life is completely shattered. He is really going to need some serious help.

VIDEO:
Mike Quackenbush Responds to Allegations

·
Registered
630 Posts
I got part wat through the video. It's way too much like a promo. Crying not in any way convincing. The list of things he was accused of though. Inviting someone to dinner without their family? Seriously? Someone else getting drunk and maybe or maybe not having sex with someone else from the school? Shit happens

·
Registered
529 Posts
I got part wat through the video. It's way too much like a promo. Crying not in any way convincing. The list of things he was accused of though. Inviting someone to dinner without their family? Seriously? Someone else getting drunk and maybe or maybe not having sex with someone else from the school? Shit happens
Funny coincidence that the video up next is titled "ALWAYS Have A Promo Pepared".

Anyway, I'm not sure if I watched an episode on "Hot Ones" without wings or a really bad impression of Jim Carrey.

·
Registered
21,612 Posts
Chikara was genuinely a wonderful show to watch for a while. With everything that's come out, I couldn't watch it with the same level of enjoyment. Closing seems the best option

1 - 8 of 8 Posts