Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
641 - 660 of 686 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,033 Posts
Congrats Chiefs fans.

Your franchise certainly deserved this. I generally like Chiefs fans....So congrats.

But lets not live in the past...you had your time. New season is on now....lol

·
Le Champion
18,664 Posts
Great game. The Chiefs and Mahomes specifically showed incredible perseverance to make that comeback because San Fran was playing their style and whipping their ass. Congrats to former Redskins Bashaud Breeland (who balled out) and Kendall Fuller for winning a ring. Chris Jones as well was HUGE in that 4th quarter batting down passes.

Seriously though, can someone PLEASE tell Kyle Shanahan to just keep running the ball?? Ridiculous...

·
Premium Member
43,956 Posts
Congratulations to the Chiefs. I'm happy for their fans, and I'm especially happy for Andy Reid, who FINALLY got one.

The game was a really good and hard fought one too. Lot of power running and good defense, the type of game I like!

It was amazing that that Chiefs were able to storm late back late and take the lead. That team seems to excel when they're down. Mahommes looked pedestrian for most of the game and then made the big plays when he needed to in the 4th quarter.

I felt bad for the Niners as they played well for most of the game, especially on defense, but just couldn't keep the Chiefs' offense down forever. I got annoyed at the end when they kept calling time outs on the final kneeldowns. Come on guys. You're down 11. Game is over. Let it go.

Again, it was an enjoyable game between two teams that deserved to be there. That's all anyone asked for. Now I am sure there will be some debates about the Offensive PI call at the end of the half and the go ahead TD for the Chiefs at the end. I think the Offensive PI call was the right call. It cost SF (at least) 3 points at the end of the half, but I think they got it right. As for the TD at the end...man that was close. Super super close. I wouldn't want to have to review that play as either way, you're going to raise the ire of a fanbase. It looked to me like his foot was out before crossing the plane, but again, its so close, I'm not sure they could overturn it.

As for the non-football stuff, it was cool to see The Rock do intros for both teams. Loved that, lol. Oh and, uh, that halftime show....yeah...I enjoyed that, lol. Good wholesome, ol' fashioned family fun, right?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Personally thought the OPI was a bad call, especially when we’ve seen it not been called a few times this season when there seemed to be more of a case.

No problems with the Williams TD late on though, think it was too tight to overturn the on field call and it’s 99.9% certain they would have scored anyway on 4th down from about 2 inches out.

49ers had it in the bag, but Shanahan messed up and Jimmy G left some yards on the field. They’ll be there or thereabouts again next season.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mahomes is the first player to break the Madden Curse winning the Super Bowl
If you're strictly talking about QBs:
Tom Brady, Brett Farve, Drew Brees, all have won Super Bowls. They are also still playing, where as most of the other players that have made the covers, have had some dumbshit happen them later.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Rock was undoubtedly pro-SF, given that he was born in the Bay Area. Man, I'm glad they lost, especially with the potential of having THREE insufferable fanbases (Pats and Pitts being the other two) bragging about having 6 title each.

That TD by Williams was bullshit, though. They should learn from football's goal-line technology and apply it here. NFL has the money to afford it.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I still can’t fathom how you play prevent defense, a defense design to keep everything in front of you, and they STILL got beat deep on that bomb to Hill. How the fuck does that happen in prevent defense? You’re rushing 4 and dropping 7 into coverage! If you’re going to let that happen you might as well blitz and try to get it out of Mahones’ hands faster.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I still can’t fathom how you play prevent defense, a defense design to keep everything in front of you, and they STILL got beat deep on that bomb to Hill. How the fuck does that happen in prevent defense? You’re rushing 4 and dropping 7 into coverage! If you’re going to let that happen you might as well blitz and try to get it out of Mahones’ hands faster.
Cause Jimmie Ward is trash. He's always been trash and always will be trash. They (Chiefs) even flat out said that Ward wasnt that good in 1 on 1 coverage so they would bide their time and when they got the matchup they wanted they would take advantage of it and they did exactly that.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Cause Jimmie Ward is trash. He's always been trash and always will be trash. They (Chiefs) even flat out said that Ward wasnt that good in 1 on 1 coverage so they would bide their time and when they got the matchup they wanted they would take advantage of it and they did exactly that.
That’s the thing though. It wasn’t really one on one coverage, it was zone. The safeties just had to play deep and not give up the long pass. Make the Chiefs check it down and run clock. Either way, this one hurts more than the Baltimore loss.

·
Registered
736 Posts
That’s the thing though. It wasn’t really one on one coverage, it was zone. The safeties just had to play deep and not give up the long pass. Make the Chiefs check it down and run clock. Either way, this one hurts more than the Baltimore loss.
Im actually numb from this one. The 5-0 aura was great but after that first loss, they dont hurt as much. The Baltimore loss took a couple years to get over....honestly I may not have been over it till this year. This one...Im already over it. Partly because I knew KC was a good team but deep down the way the media/NFL built up this "story" about Andy Reid & how Patrick Mahomes is this "new generation QB"....I pretty much felt like the "fix" was in. It was pretty much going to take us to be just absolute head and shoulders above KC to win (kinda like how Seattle was with Peyton/Denver). Im not necessarily saying the NFL is rigged per say but it always seems convenient when the NFL needs a "story" the super bowl just happens to give them one.

Maybe one day the Niners will have a story to tell. Like how Jimmy G needs to win the big one to be considered Elite or Kyle needs to win it to get the monkey off his back.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Im actually numb from this one. The 5-0 aura was great but after that first loss, they dont hurt as much. The Baltimore loss took a couple years to get over....honestly I may not have been over it till this year. This one...Im already over it. Partly because I knew KC was a good team but deep down the way the media/NFL built up this "story" about Andy Reid & how Patrick Mahomes is this "new generation QB"....I pretty much felt like the "fix" was in. It was pretty much going to take us to be just absolute head and shoulders above KC to win (kinda like how Seattle was with Peyton/Denver). Im not necessarily saying the NFL is rigged per say but it always seems convenient when the NFL needs a "story" the super bowl just happens to give them one.

Maybe one day the Niners will have a story to tell. Like how Jimmy G needs to win the big one to be considered Elite or Kyle needs to win it to get the monkey off his back.
My reasoning with this one hurting more was because I felt like the 49ers was the best team. Not to take anything from the Chiefs but the way they looked against the Texans, a team I follow down here and thought was pretty mediocre, going up 24-0 and the Chiefs looking shell shocked gave me confidence. That Baltimore team just looked like they were on a mission to get Ray Lewis a title and nothing was going to stop them.

The redemption story is the best one to tell. Both Jimmy and Kyle are going to have a lot to prove next year. You just hate to let a potential championship slip away knowing another opportunity isn’t guaranteed.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Supposedly there is a proposal in the new CBA to allow an expansion to 14 teams in the playoffs. 7 from each conference with only the #1 seed getting the bye.

Do NOT do this! The last thing I want to see is mediocre 7-9 teams getting in because SOMEBODY has to have that last spot.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Supposedly there is a proposal in the new CBA to allow an expansion to 14 teams in the playoffs. 7 from each conference with only the #1 seed getting the bye.

Do NOT do this! The last thing I want to see is mediocre 7-9 teams getting in because SOMEBODY has to have that last spot.
Sounds like they’ll be dropping a preseason game and adding a regular season game too.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Because I hate the few weeks between the end of the season and the start of FA, here’s my insanely early 1st round Mock Draft:
Subject to numerous changes post-FA...

1. Cincinnati Bengals-Joe Burrow QB
2. Washington Redskins-Chase Young EDGE
3. Detroit Lions-Jeff Okudah CB (possible trade w/Miami)
4. New York Giants-Jedrick Wills OT
5. Miami Dolphins-Tua Tagovailoa QB (possible trade w/Detroit)
6. Los Angeles Chargers-Justin Herbert QB
7. Carolina Panthers-Derrick Brown DT
8. Arizona Cardinals-Mekhi Becton OT
9. Jacksonville Jaguars-Isaiah Simmons LB
10. Cleveland Browns-Andrew Thomas OT
11. New York Jets-Tristan Wirfs OT
12. Las Vegas Raiders-Jerry Jeudy WR
13. Indianapolis Colts-Javon Kinlaw DT
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-K’Lavon Chaisson EDGE
15. Denver Broncos-CeeDee Lamb WR
16. Atlanta Falcons-A.J Epenesa EDGE
17. Dallas Cowboys-Grant Delpit S
18. Miami Dolphins (via Steelers)-Josh Jones OT
19. Las Vegas Raiders (via Bears)-Patrick Queen LB
20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Rams)-Kristian Fulton CB
21. Philadelphia Eagles-Henry Ruggs WR (possible trade up)
22. Buffalo Bills-Tee Higgins WR
23. New England Patriots-Xavier McKinney S
24. New Orleans Saints-Laviska Shenault WR
25. Minnesota-CJ Henderson CB
26. Miami (via Houston)-D’Andre Swift RB
27. Seattle-Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE
28. Baltimore-Curtis Weaver EDGE
29. Tennessee-Terrell Lewis EDGE
30. Green Bay-Justin Jefferson WR
31. San Francisco-Trevon Diggs CB (probable trade down w/team looking to Draft QB)
32. Kansas City-Kenneth Murray LB

641 - 660 of 686 Posts