• No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
541 - 560 of 673 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,644 Posts
This Offensive Rookie of the Year race is absolutely crazy. I think it's as difficult a decision as we've seen in years. Who the hell do you pick??

Kyler Murray - 3,722 Pass Yards, 20 TD, 12 INT, 544 Rush Yards, 4 Rush TD, 87.4 Rating
Daniel Jones - 3,027 Yards, 24 TD, 12 INT, 2 Rush TD, 87.7 Rating
Josh Jacobs - 1,316 scrimmage yards, 7 TD
Gardner Minshew - 3,271 Yards, 21 TD, 6 INT, 344 Rush Yards, 91.2 Rating
A.J. Brown - 52 Rec, 1,051 Yards, 8 TD, 1 Rush TD, 20.2 Yards per catch!!
Miles Sanders - 1,327 scrimmage yards, 6 TD

My money is PROBABLY on Kyler but damn AJ Brown was insanely impressive too.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
So, that season happened...

I predicted that we’d finish 7-9, although I certainly didn’t expect a 1-7 start. As much as has been said about Adam Gase, most of which was fully justified, the fact we won 6 of our last 8 games after such a disastrous start suggests the players are still behind him. That being said, I don’t see us progressing with him at the helm. He was touted as an Offensive “guru”, yet we finished at or near the bottom of the league in most categories.

The garbage OL was a big reason for that, but he certainly doesn’t get a free pass. Far too often, we started games well and then fell off a cliff, as he showed a worrying inability to make adjustments. Le’Veon Bell was badly under-utilised and Gase failed to get the best out of Sam Darnold. Bell’s future with the team seems to be uncertain, although I think it would be a massive mistake to let him go. Jamison Crowder was every bit as good as I hoped, he set a career high for receptions and should only be better next season. Chris Herndon missing virtually the whole year through suspension and then injury was a huge disappointment, getting him back in 2020 will be a big boost for our Offense.

It’s pretty clear we need at least two new starters on the OL in the offseason, as well as a true #1 WR. Picking at #11, we should have a shot at least one of Andrew Thomas, Jedrick Wills, Tristan Wirfs, Jeremy Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb. Obviously, much depends on what we do in FA, but it seems a reasonable shout that our pick will be one of the above.

Defensively, I have to say a big “thank you” to Cleveland for making the inept Freddy Kitchens their HC and allowing Gregg Williams to fall in our lap. Many mocked his hiring as our DC at the time, but he did an outstanding job this year, especially considering we played virtually the entire season without our two starting ILB’s and were all but pulling people off the street to play CB. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he attracts interest as a HC candidate in the coming weeks.

The run Defense was excellent throughout the season and the pass D improved as the campaign went on, although it still clearly needs improvement. We need to find at least one starting CB, and although Jordan Jenkins continued to show encouraging progression, we still lack a true game changing edge rusher. Jamal Adams was again the heart and soul of our Defense, Marcus Maye managed to stay healthy and had an excellent year, and Brian Poole was a huge upgrade over Buster Skrine at Nickel CB. Signing him to a multi year extension should be one of our top priorities in the offseason. Trumaine Johnson will go down as at least one of our biggest FA busts, and obviously won’t be back.

Some were surprised at how underwhelmed I was with our Draft class, but we got very little production from them this season. Quinnen Williams was solid despite his stat line being underwhelming, and may well turn out to be a stud on the DL, but edge rusher was always a far bigger priority and Josh Allen clearly should have been the pick. Instead, we took a flier on Jachai Polite, who obviously had talent but also plenty of red flags, and he flamed out so badly he didn’t even make the final roster.

I said Chuma Edoga had a ceiling as a swing OT, and saw nothing this year to suggest otherwise. Also said that Trevon Wesco would be little more than an extra OL, and that we could have gotten a player like that later in the Draft, and again saw little to change my mind. Our last two picks, Blake Cashman and Blessuan Austin, we’re arguably our most impressive rookies. Cashman did a solid job filling in at ILB when Williamson and Mosley went down before he too got hurt, but likely won’t see too many opportunities on Defense going forward. Austin dropped as far as he did in the Draft largely because of his injury history, and he showed plenty of cause for optimism once he came off the injured list and worked his way into the rotation.

Providing we keep Bell, and we don’t do something obscenely stupid like trading Jamal Adams, our offseason needs are as follows:

2-3 new starters on the OL
#1 WR
At least 1, maybe 2 CB’s
Edge rusher

We should have somewhere around $50-60m in cap space, and have 4 Draft picks in the first 3 rounds, so the opportunity should be there to fill most of these holes. New GM Joe Douglas made a couple of solid trades during the season, as well as getting two picks from the Giants for the disappointing Leonard Williams, the hope is that he proves to be a significant improvement over Mike Maccagnan (especially in the Draft).

Unfortunately though, we seem to be fully committed to Gase as the HC going forward, and I have major concerns that he is going to ruin Darnold (the most talented QB we’ve had in forever) and set us back several years. Really hope I’m wrong on that, but what I saw from him in his first year in charge certainly wasn’t encouraging...

·
40,687 Posts
This Offensive Rookie of the Year race is absolutely crazy. I think it's as difficult a decision as we've seen in years. Who the hell do you pick??

Kyler Murray - 3,722 Pass Yards, 20 TD, 12 INT, 544 Rush Yards, 4 Rush TD, 87.4 Rating
Daniel Jones - 3,027 Yards, 24 TD, 12 INT, 2 Rush TD, 87.7 Rating
Josh Jacobs - 1,316 scrimmage yards, 7 TD
Gardner Minshew - 3,271 Yards, 21 TD, 6 INT, 344 Rush Yards, 91.2 Rating
A.J. Brown - 52 Rec, 1,051 Yards, 8 TD, 1 Rush TD, 20.2 Yards per catch!!
Miles Sanders - 1,327 scrimmage yards, 6 TD

My money is PROBABLY on Kyler but damn AJ Brown was insanely impressive too.
Just going by those stats it's Gardner Minshew. He has two hundred less rushing yards than Murray, but he's got SIX less interceptions. Rushing TDs don't matter at all for a QB unless it's fantasy football.

·
Le Champion
18,644 Posts
Just going by those stats it's Gardner Minshew. He has two hundred less rushing yards than Murray, but he's got SIX less interceptions. Rushing TDs don't matter at all for a QB unless it's fantasy football.
I feel like the voters might penalize Minshew because he was benched halfway through the year when Foles came back, but we'll see. I still think Murray wins it though. 4200 yards of offense behind one of worst o-lines in the entire league. He was actually the most sacked QB in the league too and amazingly only lost 2 fumbles. That's a staggering difference between Jones and Minshew who are quite literally at the top of the list for that category. Jones lost 11 and 7 for Minshew. You could make a legit case for anyone I listed tbh.

·
40,687 Posts
I feel like the voters might penalize Minshew because he was benched halfway through the year when Foles came back, but we'll see. I still think Murray wins it though. 4200 yards of offense behind one of worst o-lines in the entire league. He was actually the most sacked QB in the league too and amazingly only lost 2 fumbles. That's a staggering difference between Jones and Minshew who are quite literally at the top of the list for that category. Jones lost 11 and 7 for Minshew. You could make a legit case for anyone I listed tbh.
I watched only one game this season and I don't even know who Minshew is lol. I was just going by the STATS you posted.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Garrett should just cut his losses and coach elsewhere and leave Dallas Cowboys to forever be plagued with the problem that is Jerry Jones.
I see a lot of correlation between Jerry Jones and Vince McMahon. They’re so hands on that it becomes suffocating. Jerry wants to win and is willing to pay whatever it takes to put the best team on the field but he wants to be the gm, the coach, the physical trainer, etc. Prime Jimmy Johnson wouldn’t be able to handle him constantly breathing down his neck.

·
14,514 Posts
Titans really should win, but I think bullshit sees Pats through tonight.

Bills/Pats/Saints/Hawks

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Kinda wish they split the conference games up. One AFC and NFC game today and one of each tomorrow. I’m more of an NFC guy.

·
Southern Pride
2,893 Posts
Texans win! Woo! That was a crazy game. JJ Watt and Watson finding a spark.They have got to play better next weekend in the first half than they did tonight though. No disrespect to the Bills. Josh Allen is a legit good QB.

Now I just need for the Titans to beat the Patriots. People think that the Patriots will crumble tonight but i'm never doubting Brady in Foxborough.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Bills start their season overturning a 16-0 deficit and end it by blowing a 16-0 lead. Symmetry... :)

Allen looked like a headless chicken by the later stages, and they messed up by going away from Devin Singletary. No Playoff win for 24 years and counting for Buffalo.

·
Le Champion
18,644 Posts
Derrick fucking Henry, ladies and gentleman. In case you forgot what he did to Kansas City in the playoffs 2 years ago, there's another reminder.

GO TITANS GO

541 - 560 of 673 Posts