341 - 360 of 699 Posts

·
Rollin' under the melody, Rockin' over the beat
1,463 Posts
I know it's only the first drive, but this run defense... :Hutz

·
Le Champion
18,719 Posts
Pissing rain and the field is soaked for this Skins/49ers game. This could get really interesting... or really messy. :lol

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Bears offense is doodoo, today's effort aside from the garbage time stats in the 4th quarter made those John Fox-led teams look like the Greatest Show on Turf Rams.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What an outstanding victory to beat the Chargers!

The Titans were literally hanging on by a thread in the red zone on the 1 yard line. We've stopped Melvin Gordon both times, causing him to fumble in his second attempt, to give the Titans a 23-20 victory. I'm very proud of our defense for doing their job today!

On offense, Ryan Tannehill did a fantastic job, throwing over 300 yards with two touchdowns to Corey Davis and Tajae Sharpe, and made one mistake by throwing a single pick. Our offensive line played very well today, only giving up two sacks. Derrick Henry was productive as well, 90 yards on the ground and a score. Our offense overall was a huge improvement from the past three games, which we struggled
in production and scoring. Well done!

The next game is against the Bucs. With their struggles with inconsistency, I think we got a great chance of beat the Bucs. But, we gotta let the game itself to do the talking.

Reactions: GL

·
Le Champion
18,719 Posts
I don't know if Chris Harris will dramatically help this awful Eagles pass defense, but I feel like it would just be stupid NOT to trade for him ya know?

·
Rollin' under the melody, Rockin' over the beat
1,463 Posts
Well so much for Rodgers and LaFleur not being able to get along. Classic Rodgers performance with Adams being out while G-Mo and MVS were limited.

Disappointed with the defense though; too many mistakes and the Smiths not showing up didn't help matters.

Overall this team is heading in the right direction just got to clean some things up.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,099 Posts
What an outstanding victory to beat the Chargers!

The Titans were literally hanging on by a thread in the red zone on the 1 yard line. We've stopped Melvin Gordon both times, causing him to fumble in his second attempt, to give the Titans a 23-20 victory. I'm very proud of our defense for doing their job today!

On offense, Ryan Tannehill did a fantastic job, throwing over 300 yards with two touchdowns to Corey Davis and Tajae Sharpe, and made one mistake by throwing a single pick. Our offensive line played very well today, only giving up two sacks. Derrick Henry was productive as well, 90 yards on the ground and a score. Our offense overall was a huge improvement from the past three games, which we struggled
in production and scoring. Well done!

The next game is against the Bucs. With their struggles with inconsistency, I think we got a great chance of beat the Bucs. But, we gotta let the game itself to do the talking.
But let's talk about the real story....."Big Jeff" Simmons our first round pick 8 months after an ACL is back and has 4 tackles, 1 sack and another tackle for loss. He's practiced with this team for four days!

Team deserved this win today, especially after that horrific spot on the 4th and 1.

I guess I am kind of over the "suck for a better pick philosophy" because even if we pick in the top five, who knows if we don't hit on a better player later....

Since 1999 our first round picks that were top ten picks....
Pac Man: Nice player for us when he stayed out of trouble, which he could not. Wasted pick
Vince Young: Well it was nice while it lasted,until the rest of the NFL figured him out.
Jake Locker: Total bust, Could not stay healthy and quit.
Chance Warmack: Another complete bust
Marcus Mariotta: I love Marcus but it's just not there
Jack Conklin: Had one great year before he stopped being healthy
Corey Davis: Probably the best player of the bunch who is often ignored because of our offense.

Picks not in the top ten...
Jevon Kearse:The main reason the Titans went from 8-8 in 98 to Super Bowl in 99
Keith Bullock: The GOAT LB in Titans history
Andre Woolfolk: Total bust, I don't think he ever started.
Albert Haynesworth: His last season with the Titans, he was the most dominant player I have ever seen.
Michael Griffen: For almost a decade he was a Pro Bowl quality player at Safety
Chris Johnson: One of the best playmakers in the NFL for 5 years
Derrick Morgan: A solid pass rusher and run stopper
Kenny Britt: Underwhelmed
Kendall Wright: Seemed primed for stardom but suddenly flopped
Taylor Lewan: One of the best Offensive Linemen in football
Rashaan Evans: On track to be the next Keith Bullock
Jeffrey Simmons: It's too early....but he looked great today.

Holy Crap! I take that second list everyday all day.

You could say that pretty much every top ten pick we have made has not worked out long term although Davis and Conklin are works in progress,

But that's a pretty impressive list of non top ten guys. Only Woolfolk was a total bust, although Britt and Wright were disappointments in the long haul. Morgan was meh, But Bullock, Haynesworth, Lewan, Griffen, CJ.... all Pro Bowl calibur talents and Evans and Simmons look like studs.

So I say win as many as possible, see what happens. 17 looked sharp, and this defense is for real.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
I can I say first of all this Sunday has been one of the slowest Sundays in my life. I didn't watch any of the other NFL Games just focusing on The Cowboys vs Eagles, and it seems my focus was stronger than the Eagles team tonight. Rarely do I say I'm embarrassed to be a Eagles fan, but I am tonight. Going into this Game I thought well the Offense will do well I feel, just need to the Defense to set up and the Offense was their Dagger tonight. I don't know too many teams that could fuck up a 14 points being gifted wrapped to them, and when I saw that happen I was like yup Game over. Dak just has throw a couple of throws here and there, and just like Zeke burn that Clock. I can talk about injuries till the Cows and Chickens come home, but theirs no excuse for a team playing with no heart two weeks in a Row.

When you have Players not running hard or just giving up on Routes someone needs to say something. If I'm a Coach and I'm seeing that Score at the Half I'm kicking shit and calling Players out to wake them up. Peterson whole Gameplan was so stupid even in the Second Half, oh let's do some Power Running when were down 20 points lolz. Howie Roseman has to do something to improve both sides of the Ball and DeSean needs to get his ass on the Field like next Week or this team has no chance at all. 3-4 you still have a shot to do some things, but damn guys go down fighting, not quitting after the first Quarter.

·
Le Champion
18,719 Posts
One week away from the trade deadline. Idk why I should even care this much, but here's my Redskins wish list :p

1. Trade Trent Williams to Cleveland for their 1st round pick. Pretty self explanatory. Baker Mayfield plays better when he makes quicker decisions and gets the ball out of his hands in rhythm. Better protection will help and Trent is one of the best in the league.

2. Trade a 3rd or 4th round pick for OJ Howard. This makes a ton of sense. Jordan Reed is likely to retire or either be cut because of all the concussions. Vernon Davis like 50. Howard is another Bama guy which we love and would provide a much needed weapon for Haskins development. We're likely to get one of the highest compensatory picks for losing Preston Smith anyway so this would be smart imo.

That's literally it. Don't you dare send off Kerrigan or Scherff. No one in their right mind would ask about Norman but my god if they do just TAKE IT. :lol

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Probably time to pull the plug on the Trubisky experiment. They should trade for a veteran QB, hell with Brees possibly coming back this week, they should inquire about trading for Bridgewater.

·
Le Champion
18,719 Posts
Probably time to pull the plug on the Trubisky experiment. They should trade for a veteran QB, hell with Brees possibly coming back this week, they should inquire about trading for Bridgewater.
I hear Case Keenum is pretty serviceable...

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
I hear Case Keenum is pretty serviceable...
Wouldn't be opposed to him. :hmm:

He was good for the Vikings 2 years ago, not sure why they were so quick to get rid of him and give Cousins all that money.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
Pats defense has been insane. I remember the days when they’d face scrubs and still 300 yards passing. I wish I drafted them in my fantasy.

341 - 360 of 699 Posts