Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The Nun with Rollins "Messiah" gimmick had potential as she did play Reklusa in last season Lucha Underground where she was a deranged girlfriend of the "unstable" World champion, and she also excelled in Impact as "Hot mess" so the more unstable the better for her to play. Rollins 'Messiah' gimmick was at its best when he had AOP and Murphy as followers so adding Chelsea would of at least allow them to target all of the Raw single titles.

TriIconic isn't as bad as it first sounds either, especially with Vince splitting them up anyways. Chelsea splitting them up from the inside and Billie aligning with Chelsea would of enabled Peyton to have a feud as a face.

·
Waiting for Kawato
1,633 Posts
The nun and the triiconic sound like gold :ROFLMAO: Better than anything Vince is coming up with. Sorry for her.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Should have pitched being Tucker's crazy jealous girlfriend who breaks up the chemistry of Heavy Machinery during the Otis and Mandy storyline angle and actually give WWE a reason to break the team up. Probably would have ended up released anyway but she would have had a better chance of getting involved in something on TV at the time.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,255 Posts
All wrestlers pitch ideas to Vince. And I understand why he turns them down.
They rarely go past "I have this cool/scary/sexy/whatever character that beats everybody and wins the title.".. And then what? The same pitch has been done 50 times just this week. If you´re going to get through to him with something, it has to involve a full storyline that can be explained in 30 seconds.
But eventhough the TRIIconic actually had elements of being a good idea that could elevate the women (as in giving them a storyline), we all know why it got shot down; It wasn´t Charlotte who pitched it, and she wasn´t involved in any way. And God forbid anyone but Charlotte becomes slightly interesting.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Don't they realize at this point that all he cares about is the goldenboy?

·
Southern Pride
4,749 Posts
Well, the "hot mess bride" gimmick doesn't seem interesting on paper but Chelsea made that work. That really was her peak. Maybe they should have allowed her to try one of her ideas. Ill give her credit for willing to look vulnerable.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I actually like all of her ideas. Looks like she has a good mind for the business and more initiative than most talents when it comes to character development.

In today's PC society, WWE wouldn't have gone for the "sexy nun worshipping Rollins" gimmick but you guys have to admit it would have been awesome 15-20 years ago. And she looks like she could pull it off quite well.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
14,030 Posts

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
These are deffo better than what Rusev & Mike Bennett were pitching. But i don't think Vince cares about women's wrestling unless you are holding the title or feuding for it. So won't dedicate any time to her ideas.

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Vince is a promoter who thinks big and looks for things he can sell as marquee acts. Vince wants big ideas that are conceptually good. Things where he can take the Undertaker, Kane and Mankind and turn them into legendary acts.
Absolutely. Legendary gimmicks Vince was high on like The Ringmaster, Red Rooster, and Fandango are also examples of the BIG conceptually good ideas we crave.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Everybody in the American wrestling industry is stuck in the late 90s, so no surprise there.
Some of the most successful years in wrestling? Why not draw from that? PC culture has a problem with WWE getting a bit edgy though. We all know what happened with the Jeff hardy and Sheamus urine sample angle and how fox bitched about it.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Can imagine how she pitched the Daisy Duke character

So like...I had this idea..what if I come out to wrestle in Daisy Duke shorts..like, showing a lot of leg..like Stacy Keibler..but hotter..in super short denim jeans..I can like..have a straw in mouth when I come out for my entrance..maybe a sexy cowgirl hat..I can put on a southern accent for you.. its real good, right?

·
Registered
390 Posts
^Probably something like that. But you've gotta admit, she has the right body type and somewhat of a white trash vibe and could definitely pull off the Daisy Duke character quite well.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
True that. Chelsea is hot ill give her that.

Here's one gimmick that went through and Vince approved. I don't know if Chelsea herself had the idea or it was Vince or a writer but after her debut match were she was supposed to win she was to have a post match mic segment where she says she's victorious and her name was to change from Chelsea Green to Victorious.

Topic comes in at about 22 minutes

·
Fighting the feeling...
Behind!
2,541 Posts
She was literally Knockouts champion and at the same time requested her release apparently to go to WWE. I never got why she would do that...
Clearly the husband put in a word for her and lo behold there we go. She must be genuinely crazy if she thought after Cardona was released that they would keep her around with absolutely no inkling of a gimmick.
A huge shame as I believed she had potential but not as a create a wrestler talent.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
I can't get over her pitching an idea to be Dominic Mysterio's girlfriend. Why pitch an idea like that? and did she ask Dominic or Rey if they were cool with it first?

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,881 Posts
People are always quick to shoot down silly ideas as being complete garbage. A lot of Wrestling fans delude themselves into thinking that Pro Wrestling is some sophisticated, high brow art form. Pro Wrestling is silly at its very core.

I mean look at how many people mark out when Cesaro grabs someone's legs and swings them around, you seriously want to claim that isn't really silly? The Rock got an eyebrow over, Austin got just repeatedly saying "What" over. The Undertaker is a Zombie Wizard. Pro Wrestling is silly and even bad by its very nature, embracing that is where it excels.

The problem is thesedays its trying to be too serious. A bunch of failed gymnasts are pretending to be MMA fighters and have the personality of a potato.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts