Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE NXT Superstar Chelsea Green is not happy about fans mentioning her fiance while she wrestles.

Green, who is engaged to be married to WWE RAW Superstar Zack Ryder, took to Twitter this afternoon and expressed frustration over how fans tweet about Zack, call out his name and even chant his name while she's in the ring. Apparently she started tweeting after a fan mentioned Ryder in a tweet that was later deleted.
She wrote, "Pricks like you are the reason women with successful partners have to work 10x harder to prove themselves. Google me. I didn't see Zack Ryder winning the impact title for me. I didn't see Zack Ryder wrestling Penta for me. Didn't see him breaking bones instead of me. BOY BYE."

She wrote in another tweet, "I don't think people understand how disrespectful it is to undermine my hard work. Tweeting about my partner, calling out his name or chant while I'm wrestling, etc... is doing just that. I've said this before but clearly it needs to be said again - stop!"
Green added in the last tweet, "I love my man. I'm proud of him and proud to be with him, but our careers are separate. I've built my name by myself with my own blood, sweat and tears. Any success I achieve will be because of ME."
After the rant, Green posted a new Instagram photo of the happy couple at the Disney Christmas Party. You can see that photo along with her related tweets below:

Pricks like you are the reason women with successful partners have to work 10x harder to prove themselves.
Google me. I didn't see Zack Ryder winning the impact title for me. I didn't see Zack Ryder wrestling Penta for me. Didn't see him breaking bones instead of me.
BOY BYE. https://t.co/e30hbPFK5k
— CHELSEA GREEN (@ImChelseaGreen) December 12, 2019

I don't think people understand how disrespectful it is to undermine my hard work. Tweeting about my partner, calling out his name or chant while I'm wrestling, etc... is doing just that. I've said this before but clearly it needs to be said again - stop!
— CHELSEA GREEN (@ImChelseaGreen) December 12, 2019
I love my man. I'm proud of him and proud to be with him, but our careers are separate. I've built my name by myself with my own blood, sweat and tears. Any success I achieve will be because of ME.
— CHELSEA GREEN (@ImChelseaGreen) December 12, 2019 .
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/12/chelsea-green-lashes-out-over-fans-mentioning-and-chanting-663494/

Sorry but if you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. She made it fairly well on her own in Impact, yet gave up her own path to be with her bf and then claims he had nothing to do with her signing....way to throw logic out the window when it became obvious as to why she left, and then she posts intimate moments on her IG. She is a hypocrite.

·
HEADBANGA
21,924 Posts
Come on, OP. She honestly made a name for herself through her character work and her in-ring work through impact and the indies. An argument could've been better made if she was signed with a clear lack of talent but that's not the case. You sound like one the guys that she's directly talking to.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Becky the bella twins and a few other divas had to stay there in the ring as the crowd chanted they sucked so and so. You're gonna deal with assholes.

·
Joshi Judas
415 Posts
I follow Ryder on social media and really enjoy his content, but Chelsea does pop up a lot in his stuff. There is even one video where she does an unboxing whilst wearing a bikini, so she is clearly happy being part of that, and obviously that's how the majority of fans see her, through Ryder, so of course the fans will make that connection.

If you want to make it on your own then distance yourself from that side?

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,864 Posts
it is a bit disrespectful when fans are rude about the ladies' personal lives (ie. "you suck tyson" chants to natalya)

but you are a WWE star! you're going to have negative comments and feedback! if you cant handle that you will have to leave.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
I really do agree with her sentiments I do think it's unacceptable and disrespectful especially considering how hard these women work given the little time they are given over the men.. But between CM Punk chants, beachballs and waves, wrestling audiences are known to be big marks for themselves... Welcome to wrestling 2019

it is a bit disrespectful when fans are rude about the ladies' personal lives (ie. "you suck tyson" chants to natalya)
Forgot about that, yea that was really distasteful too.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Boo hoo. The same thing happens to Brie and helped her get over. Also, Tyson Kidd was called Nattie's husband for a while.

This definitely doesn't make her look good in my opinion, just whiny and entitled.

·
Premium Member
16,733 Posts
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/12/chelsea-green-lashes-out-over-fans-mentioning-and-chanting-663494/

Sorry but if you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. She made it fairly well on her own in Impact, yet gave up her own path to be with her bf and then claims he had nothing to do with her signing....way to throw logic out the window when it became obvious as to why she left, and then she posts intimate moments on her IG. She is a hypocrite.
What's wrong with her response? She didn't like what he said, thought it was disrespectful, and fired back. Tons of this happens on Twitter daily. If you think something being said towards you is disrespectful and wrong you should speak up. Was she supposed to just take it and not say anything? Then, you would have made a thread complaining that Green is only here because of Ryder. She's allowed to defend her career if someone is being an asshole.

You're the insensitive one if you're getting worked up over her defending her career. If you can't take people defending themselves then you shouldn't be on social media.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Tantrum? I swear some of you guys here are the worst.

She had a valid point but as always, dudes see a chick making a valid complaint but its written off as a tantrum. No matter how much some of you would like to think so, women dont bitch about things like this for no reason

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What's wrong with her response? She didn't like what he said, thought it was disrespectful, and fired back. Tons of this happens on Twitter daily. If you think something being said towards you is disrespectful and wrong you should speak up. Was she supposed to just take it and not say anything? Then, you would have made a thread complaining that Green is only here because of Ryder. She's allowed to defend her career if someone is being an asshole.

You're the insensitive one if you're getting worked up over her defending her career. If you can't take people defending themselves then you shouldn't be on social media.
She's not professional, that's the point, she is obviously displaying an entitled mentality, and she's literally complaining behind a keyboard. How many restaurant owners, car dealerships, Dentists, etc go on twitter rants about their customers, patients, etc?. Stop saying you made it on your own while showcasing your boyfriend. She doesn't understand the message of her own videos or pictures?. You are going to tell customers (a large chunk of fans in her case) they are wrong? good luck with that one. And no, I do not have twitter, nor instagram.

·
Premium Member
16,733 Posts
She's not professional, that's the point, she is obviously displaying an entitled mentality, and she's literally complaining behind a keyboard. How many restaurant owners, car dealerships, Dentists, etc go on twitter rants about their customers, patients, etc?. Stop saying you made it on your own while showcasing your boyfriend. She doesn't understand the message of her own videos or pictures?. You are going to tell customers (a large chunk of fans in her case) they are wrong? good luck with that one. And no, I do not have twitter, nor instagram.
It's not "entitled" to expect people to take you seriously if you've worked hard. Entitled is feeling you're owed something despite not working hard. A female wrestler who did all she listed without an insider wrestler giving her hand outs is not entitled. I would have the same response as you if the person didn't do shit and get signed, but she she legitimately did all these things. Showing her boyfriend on her social media should have no impact on how people perceive her career, especially if it's Ryder. No one should have to hide their partner on social media in order to be taken seriously.

I will agree some of language and repetitive tweets are not professional. I don't feel she has to be business professional or politically correct so much when addressing this behavior, but she could have been more tactful. There are some people in wrestling who got where they are because of who they slept with or were related to. Chelsea Green is not one of them; there's an entire wrestler's career before she meet Ryder. She or anyone in the same position has every right to hate those fans. They have the right to keep chanting, but they're pieces of crap if they do.

·
Registered
935 Posts

She had a valid point but as always, dudes see a chick making a valid complaint but its written off as a tantrum. No matter how much some of you would like to think so, women dont bitch about things like this for no reason
You're not wrong, but I'm sure you know there's really no point here. The average maturity/intelligence level here is really not capable of understanding the point that is being made.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

No, she attacked fans collectively, not just the one fan who made a comment. You don't see a Lawyer or Dentist go on a twitter rant against patients when one makes a comment. As I said, can't handle the heat then stay out of the kitchen.

·
Premium Member
16,733 Posts
No, she attacked fans collectively, not just the one fan who made a comment. You don't see a Lawyer or Dentist go on a twitter rant against patients when one makes a comment. As I said, can't handle the heat then stay out of the kitchen.
You've said it twice now. The alternative is letting people walk all over you for your whole career.

I will happily join your side when wrestler's react unfairly towards the audience. Bully Ray is the best example. He addresses all wrestling fans, shits on them over minor things, and tells them they shouldn't be complaining. Chelsea isn't complaining about fans being too critical of her or constant bitching. It's technically not a complaint but a direction from her to those fans to stop chanting an unrelated person's name during her matches.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts