Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Lol Like how many black people are there in Australia anyway? (I mean of African descent not aboriginals) lol The term "****" doesn't really have much meaning outside of the US. Even in South Africa (Where I'm from) I don't think most people would associate that word with how it is in the US except very woke folk. But if it's better for business I guess?

Reading the BBC article about it apparently some aboriginal groups protested the name..... Was the term "****" ever a slur against them? I've only heard it in an American contest. Even then white supremacists don't use the word nowadays. I've only really seen African Americans use it like they would use the term "Uncle Tom". To call a black person who "betrays" other black people by having opinions that they believe are anti black.

·
Angry at refs
4,250 Posts
The name change is fine. The cheese was named after someone with the last name ****, so it isn't targeted at anyone, but changing the name is a literal non-issue to anyone outside of the direct family. Better to just change it and get that term out of here.
Lol Like how many black people are there in Australia anyway? (I mean of African descent not aboriginals) lol The term "****" doesn't really have much meaning outside of the US. Even in South Africa (Where I'm from) I don't think most people would associate that word with how it is in the US except very woke folk. But if it's better for business I guess?

Reading the BBC article about it apparently some aboriginal groups protested the name..... Was the term "****" ever a slur against them? I've only heard it in an American contest. Even then white supremacists don't use the word nowadays. I've only really seen African Americans use it like they would use the term "Uncle Tom". To call a black person who "betrays" other black people by having opinions that they believe are anti black.
That term has been used against the Aboriginals for a long as fuck time over here. My best friend growing up was aboriginal and had to deal with the word.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
The name change is fine. The cheese was named after someone with the last name ****, so it isn't targeted at anyone, but changing the name is a literal non-issue to anyone outside of the direct family. Better to just change it and get that term out of here.

That term has been used against the Aboriginals for a long as fuck time over here. My best friend growing up was aboriginal and had to deal with the word.
I had no idea... That's fair then. Sure the name wasn't directed at anyone but I'd be bothered if I saw a slur against me all the time. My intial reaction was that it was from the American use of the word. Which seemed uncessary but if it is used against aboriginals, that's fair.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
It's a minor issue in itself, but it's wrong in principle. If you're offended by something which has no hostile intent or meaning, like a cheese named after a person named called ****, it is you who has something wrong with you. It is you who should sort yourself out.

Changing to satisfy these idiots implies that the cheese company were doing something wrong to begin with, and that the idiots were right to be offended.

·
Premium Member
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a minor issue in itself, but it's wrong in principle. If you're offended by something which has no hostile intent or meaning, like a cheese named after a person named called ****, it is you who has something wrong with you. It is you who should sort yourself out.

Changing to satisfy these idiots implies that the cheese company were doing something wrong to begin with, and that the idiots were right to be offended.
Ironically, in proclaiming that the world has gone mad over such a minor non-issue, it’s actually only you that has gone mad. Irony!
Neither of your posts make any sense. You have typed dribble.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
4,735 Posts
Neither of your posts make any sense. You have typed dribble.
It made perfect sense. It’s unfortunate that you could not comprehend. Also, it’s “drivel,” not “dribble,” ace. Very sad!

·
Premium Member
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which of those definitions...ok. Enough. As a former English teacher, I’ll just ask. Are you ok?
"Former"... says alot really. Not up to the school board's standard.

Learn to read, pal.
Learn to make sense. Perhaps read a couple of times prior to posting.

When I saw **** Cheese I thought it was Gub'ment Cheese that they dole out to... ahhhhh... you know.
The Wahlbergs use that Govt cheese at their 'Wahlburgers' restaurants.

One more time for the dummies.

#1 But it does have meaning, it is a cheese Australian's buy and eat. But after listening to Aussie radio today, so many callers have said they will not buy the renamed cheese and 'Industry Experts' have said that the parent company is going to be dealt with a decrease in profit over this name change.

#2 As I have posted before, this doesn't even make sense. I have nothing to add. I think you have asked 'Alexa' to come up with some statement that doesn't make sense with the words Ironically and Irony at each end. You ain't no scholar former English teacher.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
One more time for the dummies.
View attachment 95816

#1 But it does have meaning, it is a cheese Australian's buy and eat. But after listening to Aussie radio today, so many callers have said they will not buy the renamed cheese and 'Industry Experts' have said that the parent company is going to be dealt with a decrease in profit over this name change.

#2 As I have posted before, this doesn't even make sense. I have nothing to add. I think you have asked 'Alexa' to come up with some statement that doesn't make sense with the words Ironically and Irony at each end. You ain't no scholar former English teacher.
Seek help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts