Wrestling Forum banner

'Cheer' Star Gabi Butler Signs with WWE

2408 32
Based on what I learned from Cheer, she's one of the top, most famous competitive cheerleaders in the world. And that's not rah-rah cheerleading like you get in a small high school, it's basically gymnastics mixed with dance. Many wrestlers come from that background. She's probably more athletic than many of the women signed already. One half of the NXT Women's Tag Champs can come from American Ninja Warrior, this isn't a stretch. Athleticism is athleticism.
Personality-wise, she's got a ton of work to do. She's crazy athletic though, and will be really really good at this if she applies herself. Great low-risk/high-reward signing here.
The Netflix breakout star admits she's new to the sport, considering her athletic career until now was focused on cheer. "I was so involved in the cheerleading industry for so long, and I never really looked into anything other than cheerleading," says Butler.

"But when I went to SummerSlam, it really just opened my eyes to the athleticism and the dedication the athletes bring into the ring."

Cheer star Gabi Butler Signs with WWE

WWE
Butler says she admired "the way they performed" and the "competitive" atmosphere, which isn't so different from her experience in cheerleading.

"It was almost like I was watching a cheerleading competition, but wrestling edition," she laughs.

While she was at SummerSlam, Butler spent time with WWE Co-CEO Stephanie McMahon, who she says "really inspired" her to take the leap into the WWE world. "The way she carries herself is very impressive and the conversation we had was so nice," Butler shares.
Reactions: toontownman
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· PSYCH | SAIYANS
18,245 Posts
'The way they performed'
'Isn't so different from her experience in cheerleading'

No. Just.... just no.:getout:
It really isn’t when you think about Tiffany Stratton catching on as easily as she did and their athletic ability is similar. It’s much easier to teach someone like Tiffany, Bianca, etc who are real athletes how to work than teach someone to be athletic

· Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just another useless piece of eye candy.
How do you know if you never seen her train or how she'll be in a few months. Regardless she right now is a better athlete than some of the women in NXT right now. This isn't Johnny Ace scouting hooters and bikini models to make them divas.

Reactions: Casual Fan #52

· Registered
920 Posts
Based on what I learned from Cheer, she's one of the top, most famous competitive cheerleaders in the world. And that's not rah-rah cheerleading like you get in a small high school, it's basically gymnastics mixed with dance. Many wrestlers come from that background. She's probably more athletic than many of the women signed already. One half of the NXT Women's Tag Champs can come from American Ninja Warrior, this isn't a stretch. Athleticism is athleticism.
Personality-wise, she's got a ton of work to do. She's crazy athletic though, and will be really really good at this if she applies herself. Great low-risk/high-reward signing here.
so much fun !!!

we are going back to the cringe celeb era of 2010...

please kill me now...

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, make my day
36,958 Posts
How do you know if you never seen her train or how she'll be in a few months. Regardless she right now is a better athlete than some of the women in NXT right now. This isn't Johnny Ace scouting hooters and bikini models to make them divas.
That's debatable, have you seen her? That may be a bit mean but going off of a quick Google search she's not much to look at.
Hopefully, she proves me wrong, I don’t have a problem with being wrong. Just a feeling I get that not much will come of this. She’s not ugly imo but to each their own.

· Registered
10,411 Posts

· Super Moderator
Go ahead, make my day
36,958 Posts
Stop being jealous
Of what?

I don’t want to be a wrestler and I’m content being a 5/10 past noon.

I regularly compliment females, such as the absolute goddess, Mandy.

It’s very sad you think it has anything to do with jealousy, it’s weak when it’s your first thought just because a female comments such a thing. Interesting you didn’t say anything to the guys who made a negative comment :unsure:

You’re better than that, brother.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts