Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, there folks!

I just felt like showing this video of their live interviews to any Austin Aries fans, Neville fans, and Cruiserweight fans here. If you've missed it, then I can't really blame you since this took place tonight on 205 Live. I recommend seeing this clip since I feel like this is worth watching. Hope you enjoy :)

Honestly, I believe that Aries and Neville are the brightest ones from that division. Don't get me wrong: I also enjoy the others since they're pretty good too, but both of these men are probably the best Cruiserweights.

This whole feud of theirs has been enjoyable to watch though, especially on 205 Live since they receive more time and attention compared to Raw. This is one of those old-fashioned stories where the face spends most of his time struggling to overcome the obstacles that are set up in front of him in order to prevent him from tasting gold. In this case, Aries's obstacles are him recovering from an eye injury, Neville being desperate enough to beat him in their 1st match by using dirty tactics when he was close to winning the CW title, him having to deal with his opponent's ally in TJP, him being screwed out of winning the CW title in their 2nd match since Neville resorted to getting himself disqualified intentionally, and him suffering a knee injury courtesy of his heel opponents.

Both men are currently 1-1 on their singles matches for the CW title. This is Aries's 3rd and final title opportunity, which will culminate at Extreme Rules in a Submission match. This stipulation makes sure that Neville won't retain his title by getting himself intentionally disqualified again. I'm pretty confident that Aries will finally win the CW title at Extreme Rules. They've been doing a good job building up his feel-good moment in his feud since he's come close to beating Neville for the belt two times already. Neville is getting more desperate now than ever to keep his title around his waist since Aries is his biggest obstacle.

This might actually be the best feud currently going on in the main roster. Austin Aries and Neville have received plenty of television time these past few months, and they've been delivering pretty well. Their whole feud has been good starting from their first good segment on Raw at Chicago in early March to their solid promos tonight on 205 Live. The only weakness in their feud is the repetitive matches involving Aries and TJP, but other than that, I believe their rivalry has been enjoyable. Both men have done great work so far in their feud, especially what they did tonight in this clip as well :clap

I'm looking forward to seeing more of what they'll deliver until Extreme Rules, and I'm also excited to finally see Austin Aries win the Cruiserweight title :mark:

·
Banned
879 Posts
well ill be damned! even those smaller wrestling dudes have beards. makes them look kinda tougher to me, yo

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I'll never understand why

A) They didn't crown the first CW champion at Summerslam

And

B) Why they didn't put it on Neville to begin with.

A huge chunk of their audience didn't follow the CWC and would have been more invested if the first champion was someone they were familiar with. Neville was always the guy they should have initially ran with. That and debuting TJ as a heel.

·
I will make something truly astonishing!
4,218 Posts
205 Live has been one of the more entertaining parts of WWE of late.

It did seem like they both got a little lost in places there, but I was more distracted by both of them having wonky beards.

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,287 Posts
Neville is on the run of his life and Aries is the greatest man that ever lived, it was meant be awesome. It could be much better thats for sure tho. What I wonder is what they gonna do after the match. Which directions they gonna take.

+ I'm expecting best match of the feud. They will get more time and have more focus cause all the big players of the division are in main event.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll never understand why

A) They didn't crown the first CW champion at Summerslam

And

B) Why they didn't put it on Neville to begin with.

A huge chunk of their audience didn't follow the CWC and would have been more invested if the first champion was someone they were familiar with. Neville was always the guy they should have initially ran with. That and debuting TJ as a heel.
Yea, crowning the first Cruiserweight champion at Summerslam last year sounds like a better idea to me. It would've been a bigger deal if this occurred. I'm not so sure about this, but maybe that CWC tournament could've still taken place before Summerslam, and then you could have its final 2 Cruiserweight competitors fight on the ppv.

Neville would've been the perfect choice to become the first CW champion too. You could still have Rich Swann win the belt off him and have a 2 month title reign before dropping it back to Neville in order to freshen up the title scene for a little while.

I wasn't really that fond of TJP's face run, but I've been warming up to him ever since he turned heel over a month ago. Him playing the villanous role suits him a hell of a lot more. He's doing well as Neville's ally at the moment :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts