Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say that the minute he lost the cruiserweight title to Jacquelline in 2004, his career has just gone downhill since then.....there is no way he can ever revive it. Sorry to disappoint any Chavo fans!

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
He should have got the push not Mysterio. Would have at least made more sense.

Then could have won the world title again when Edge turned on Vicky.

Both would have been believeable

Great underrated wrestler.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Downhill? It was a minor setback, I'm pretty sure he would go on to regain the cruiserweight title a few months after that. I'd say his Kerwin White gimmick brought him down a few notches but after that he actually had a very prominent Upper midcard role from 2006-08 by having feuds with Benoit, Mysterio, Kane(he was squashed at Mania but he did pretty well after that), Triple H(by proxy for Vickie and Edge). His downfall came when he was comically squashed by Hornswoggle for most of 2009.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
This didn't do anything to Chavo Guerrero's career truth be told. This was to kepe the story going. Chavo had defeated everyone thrown at him in the Cruiserweight division including his WMXX victory up to that point. Jacqueline didn't even win the championship cleanly anyway, and to top it off Chavo won the title instantly at their pap per view match. The only time Chavo's career was in jeopardy was in mid 2009 feuding with Hornswoggle who then again never got any clean victories.

I'm a loyal fan of Chavo Guerrero but his hey days were from 2002-2008 as he was always kept credible and relevant enough to be a mainstay for SmackDown. While he is in a better position then last year it still is no comparison from his previous year where he main evented ECW.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
The funny thing is that if Eddie hadn't died back in 2005 he'd probably still be stuck in that "Kerwin White" gimmick...

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
The funny thing is that if Eddie hadn't died back in 2005 he'd probably still be stuck in that "Kerwin White" gimmick...
Which would have been awesome! I love the Kerwin White gimmick and, unlike today's WWE stars, his theme song actually fit the wrestler!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts