Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Winning a match clean means winning without cheating.....so Asuka beat Charlotte clean

BUT

It was a clean victory against a diminished Charlotte

·
Waiting for Kawato
911 Posts
You must be joking. They literally set up their excuse in the opening of the show by having her getting hurt. The funniest thing about it all is that Nia didn't even do anything to her! Charlotte spent most of that segment as the attacker, and SHE got hurt? :ROFLMAO: Classic. Can't even put someone else over in an angle where she's the one getting injured.

Pathetic stuff all round, though her performance in the match itself was actually one of her better ones. Credit where it's due.

·
Registered
24,001 Posts
It was a clean win, but Charlotte went in with an immediate excuse to lose.

So, I mean how much does this win really mean? Not much in the long run. And if Charlotte comes back and beats her at Summerslam, it won't mean anything.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,398 Posts
It was almost a let down that Asuka finally gets a win over Charlotte on a random Raw.

Was it clean though when Charlottes working an injury angle?

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
I just want Asuka to get an actual clean win over somebody, no injuries, no ref stuff, no interference and no roll ups outta nowhere. Is it really that hard to book a champion strongly? Why are they afraid to give Asuka a dominant reign?
The injury seems to have been set up to write Charlotte out for a few months and she may not be back for SummerSlam which is interesting. Apparently Charlotte needs to have a real surgery. I'm wondering if they go back to another Nia/Asuka match or do they build Shayna back up for SummerSlam?

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,105 Posts
Charlotte put someone over in a big way knowing that she would be out of action for a while. unlike someone else I know (cough becky cough)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Someone finally got through to Vince that Charlotte is way over used and needs this time away. It‘s a bit harsh to take that dig on Becky though, she could not wrestle and put someone over when she is pregnant and the segment with Asuka and gifting her the title in the briefcase was as close as she could at that point of putting someone over before she went.

Watch Charlotte be away for mere days before she is slotted right back in though, they never learn. I‘m just glad Asuka is getting the run she deserves, and the match with Sasha should pretty decent. I assume Bayley unintentionally/intentionally costs Sasha that one with them giving Sasha a winning run. I know that would mean another screwy finish for Asuka, but that match is another prop for the Bayley/Sasha feud.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
This is the ridiculous setup for the injury angle. From what I see,it was Charlotte who was launched the first attack to Nia and Nia barely respond or she only did a little fight back but there was no single attack from her that have significant impact to Charlotte's shoulder.

·
NBA
2,946 Posts

Man, feels good to finally be able to use this.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
I just want Asuka to get an actual clean win over somebody, no injuries, no ref stuff, no interference and no roll ups outta nowhere. Is it really that hard to book a champion strongly? Why are they afraid to give Asuka a dominant reign?
The injury seems to have been set up to write Charlotte out for a few months and she may not be back for SummerSlam which is interesting. Apparently Charlotte needs to have a real surgery. I'm wondering if they go back to another Nia/Asuka match or do they build Shayna back up for SummerSlam?
It is very hard to win clean when you are fighting the most protected women in the company. You at least can't say they are feeding Asuka afterthoughts here. Nia occupies a higher position in the company than fans like (they consider Nia the top heel on RAW), Charlotte is Charlotte, and Sasha will win a singles title probably by SummerSlam. I do feel like Asuka will beat Nia clean later on in the next 2 months though,

If Asuka were fighting the Natalyas and Naomis she'd have clean wins but nobody would care about those matches.

Becky only got rollup wins against Ronda and Shayna and she was the most over woman in the company. Asuka isn't at that level in the company, though Asuka occupies a reasonably high level around the same as Bayley. Roman's title reigns had multiple fuck finishes--hell, he didn't even beat Brock clean at SummerSlam 2018 and then his HIAC match with Braun was a clusterfuck designed to protect Braun from another clean loss.

So yes, it's very hard to beat top people "clean" in the WWE. You're often lucky to even get 1 quality defense in a single reign.

Plus, Asuka isn't the future for them like Drew is (who is already running into his share of fuck finishes now). The WWE like her, she's undoubtedly already one of the most accomplished women in WWE history, but they aren't building her for the future either. So she gets a more ragged reign. If she's lucky she gets one similar to AJ or Bryan's where they have multiple shitty finishes in their reigns but the odd clean ones every now and again.

At best, this is more of a victory lap reign for Asuka. She's holding the fort down for them because she's the best option right now but they aren't gonna invest too much more into building her when she could be closer to retirement than wrestling another 10 years.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yep, she got a clean win over a weakened Charlotte. A weakened Charlotte that still dominated the majority of the match. It's basically like Andriod 19 beating Goku due to his heart condition.

·
NBA
2,946 Posts
If Asuka were fighting the Natalyas and Naomis she'd have clean wins but nobody would care about those matches.
Her RAW run has gotten more TV time and as many title defenses in one month than and as her SD run in 3 months. Although, in all fairness that run only lasted 2 months, considering she and the title literally disappeared during the whole of February. I think it's fair to say her current run is better than her early 2019 one overall aside from the Becky feud in January. Yeah, she's basically spent this past month feuding and having matches with Nia and Charlotte, who aren't regarded as dream opponents by most, but at least it's better than having very few and in between title matches with Naomi and Mandy, esp the latter.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Her RAW run has gotten more TV time and as many title defenses in one month than and as her SD run in 3 months. Although, in all fairness that run only lasted 2 months, considering she and the title literally disappeared during the whole of February. I think it's fair to say her current run is better than her early 2019 one overall aside from the Becky feud in January. Yeah, she's basically spent this past month feuding and having matches with Nia and Charlotte, who aren't regarded as dream opponents by most, but at least it's better than having very few and in between title matches with Naomi and Mandy, esp the latter.
After extreme rules, it's doubtful that she'll have a clean win since she won the title. I really don't know what to make of that, but don't imagine that's a good thing for a face champion.

·
NBA
2,946 Posts
After extreme rules, it's doubtful that she'll have a clean win since she won the title. I really don't know what to make of that, but don't imagine that's a good thing for a face champion.

Not saying it's good (I've done nothing but complain in the fan thread nonstop since her run started), just sayinf that, aside from that first month with the Becky match, her SD run was insulting booking wise. Lest we forget she was literally erased from existence during the whole of February all the while the RAW ttile and tag title programs hogged TV time on both shows and then the first time they did with her when she returned was to have her job quasi clean to frigging Mandy Rose, of all people, only to then take the title off her at a regular SD without warning not a month after that. This run can improve, that's for sure, but it's also true that they have certainly learned a bit from past mistakes.

Btw, imo, Asuka should have been kept as a heel. She's got range enough on that alignment that her booking can allow for much more flexibility than as a face.

·
Registered
851 Posts
"Clean" is debatable as she was attacked before the match. Even if it was a clean tap, she has tapped cleanly before. She tapped multiple times to Sasha Banks...I am not sure if she tapped to Becky, but she might have.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts