Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Edge didn't win the title before 2006 and most of his reigns is still acceptable for heel standard. I'll remember I want punch my tv screen when he cheated his way to win his second title at triple threat match.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
a whole lot of title but no substance to them
At the very least, Edge in fact has a good creative mind for the business. He innovated the cashing in of the MITB contract on an incapacitated champion (every one whined and groaned against it except Vince who trusted Edge's judgement). This concept is being used to this day.

Charlotte has yet to contribute anything to the business the way that Edge has.

So I have to disagree with you OP.

If anything, Charlotte is like the female Triple HGH; plenty of title reigns with zero substance or drawing ability.

·
Registered
12,399 Posts
Charlotte has the worst traits, with none of the redeemable, of a bunch of superstars.

She has the meaningless title reigns of Edge.

The burial streak of Triple H.

The overpush and rejection of Roman Reigns.

A gimmick ripped off from her father who ripped it off from Buddy Rogers.

And that's just off the top of my head.

She's a Frankenstein's monster of mediocrity.

I could also say she looks like a Barbie doll put in the microwave, but why be mean.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,491 Posts
The whole point of championships is that you put them on who's over so the audience wants to pay to see them; Charlotte has never been over, she's never moved any merch, she's never created any buzz.

It doesn't matter how athletic or talented she is, by wrestling's metrics she doesn't deserve most of her title reigns, I'll be generous and allow for the possibility the division might've been so cold at some point that she might've warranted a couple.

I didn't come back to wrestling until Edge's career was over so I dunno if he deserved any of his reigns relative to who else was around at the time, but I know he created buzz and I know he moved merch, I feel like that probably renders the comparison unfair.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but Edge never main evented Wrestlemania his whole career. Edge was not a memorable champion.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,865 Posts
at least edge's career trajectory was different, he won tag team, then ic then after a long time the wwe title.

charlotte won the divas championship very early then her womens title shortly after.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts