Wrestling Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
FOTC
11,127 Posts
isn't this like the 3rd time Charlotte's been cashed in on too? Carmella, Bayley and now Nikki
Yes. Three times. If Becky doesn't get pregnant the 2020 MITB winner wouldn't have been Asuka, and that winner most likely would've cashed in on Charlotte's NXT Championship.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I know others have raised it, but I do find it strange they pick and choose when they count the NXT title runs. Is Vince trying to disassociate her with NXT, I would say other talents too but Kross obviously had his title. I guess it’s one of those Vinceisms where it depends what side of bed he got out of, but I just wish they would hurry along to her 16 titles so they can at least do something prolonged with her if that’s their prerogative.

·
FOTC
11,127 Posts
I know others have raised it, but I do find it strange they pick and choose when they count the NXT title runs. Is Vince trying to disassociate her with NXT, I would say other talents too but Kross obviously had his title. I guess it’s one of those Vinceisms where it depends what side of bed he got out of, but I just wish they would hurry along to her 16 titles so they can at least do something prolonged with her if that’s their prerogative.
Great point about Vince possibly disassociating her with NXT. That suggestion has validity when you consider how Karrion Kross and Keith Lee were used last night.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Sorry but does this not anger anyone who's a fan of the women's division? What a joke that you have a new superhero gimmick take your top title. This is worse than if The Hurricane won the world title off HHH. Is their division so shit that Nikki can just take the title like that when there's plenty of other people who are higher up the list for title opportunities than her? This tells me that they don't see the women's title as any better than the men's tag titles or some shit.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
I really hate when they pass a title around like this. Giving Charlotte the title just for one day is just trash. She definitely won't be remembered for being a champion even though WWE will promote her that way. Majority of her reigns are just so short. The question now is, how long will Nikki hold on to the championship?

·
Standing with The Man
6,608 Posts
Sorry but does this not anger anyone who's a fan of the women's division? What a joke that you have a new superhero gimmick take your top title. This is worse than if The Hurricane won the world title off HHH. Is their division so shit that Nikki can just take the title like that when there's plenty of other people who are higher up the list for title opportunities than her? This tells me that they don't see the women's title as any better than the men's tag titles or some shit.
I can look past the gimmick and be happy about a women I saw wrestle for the first time in a crappy little Community Hall in Glasgow win the title.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not only did we get a new champion, but we got a new Charlotte. She really stepped her shit up and performed with a purpose instead of mailing it in. I haven't seen this kind of fire from her since 2016 when she was feuding with Sasha. THIS is the Charlotte that made me a fan.
She wins the title and you hop back on her bandwagon. Wow.

·
Custom User Title
6,971 Posts
I really hate when they pass a title around like this. Giving Charlotte the title just for one day is just trash. She definitely won't be remembered for being a champion even though WWE will promote her that way. Majority of her reigns are just so short. The question now is, how long will Nikki hold on to the championship?
So this is just my opinion, but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell she holds the title until Survivor Series. I think the next few weeks are gonna play out like this:

Nikki will enter and very likely leave Summerslam as champion, as I feel like they are moving towards a triple threat match for the title (Nikki, Rhea, Charlotte). And if you've watched Nikki's matches, she's basically the opportunist and can't win matches otherwise. Because whenever a woman is actually focused on her, she pretty much gets squashed without much effort. But when other women are distracted, she wins. With Charlotte and Rhea hating each other so much, I think Nikki escapes with the title.

Now with that being said, I don't see her lasting much longer beyond that. I think she either loses it to an established heel, or an NXT callup, and it all depends on what happens at Takeover in that regard. If Raquel loses her title, I would not be shocked if she shows up on RAW the following night and beats Nikki for the title. In that same vein, if someone like Io is moved up after the event, I think she wins the title from Nikki as well.

But regardless, I do think Bianca is holding the Smackdown Women's Title until Wrestlemania at the earliest, and I don't see Nikki as being portrayed as even remotely a threat to Bianca. And with the latest batch of callups among the women all being faces (I assume Toni is going to be a face by default), there will need to be some heels to balance everything out among the callups, and the only people I can see pulling that off are Raquel and Io at the moment. And I think they'll use Nikki to put one of those two over on their debut.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,655 Posts
Some people are better off chasing the title than holding them. Charlotte really doesn't need to have a long title reign. She can just boast about the number of times she has won the women's championship, which is a lot of times. It doesn't really matter if she has a long title, and it's probably for the best because I don't think fans want her holding the championship too long considering the amount of hate she gets.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
For a lot of the ladies their most memorable moments were when they won the title from Charlotte:

• Bayley (2019 MITB)
  • Sasha (RAW 2016)
  • Becky (Hell in a Cell 2018)
  • Carmella (Smackdown 2018)
  • Nikki Ash (Last Night)

Interestingly Charlotte has 11 title reigns, but the five women above make up all 10 title loses. So in some ways her title reigns aren't as forgettable as people think -- at least not the ending part of her reigns.
A reign is graded from start to finish, not the actual changing of the belts. To this day, Rhea has given Shayna her most exciting match, but that didn't make her title reign any better. It was still boring as fuck.

·
Registered
28,046 Posts
All of Charlotte's recent title "reigns" have been so short, with a lot of them being used to set up someone else.

She lost to Nikki here after a day because apparently Vince likes the character. In 2019 she beat Becky to get the SD Women's Title only drop it to a Bayley cash in the same night. And then later in 2019 she beats Bayley for the title only to lose it less than a week later to Bayley after she went full heel.

It's one of those things where as sick of fans are of Charlotte, if she's going to be around in a top spot (and because she's so talented, it's hard not to justify her being in a top spot) then just let her be champion and build the division around people challenging her. These constant title changes don't do much to help her beside pat her stats in terms of how many titles she's won, which isn't that important if so many of her reigns end up being so short & forgettable.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts