The LegitEST BOSS
33,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This made Rhea's WM win even more pointless. Asuka should have won that match.
No, she shouldn't have. Her reign was awful (not entirely her fault) and the right decision was made to shift focus on Charlotte and Rhea for the long term storytelling. The execution was just poor.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I’m a fan of both Rhea and Charlotte, but it’s no secret that Rhea’s title reign has been a dud. Losing this soon obviously sucks for her, but it may end up being the best thing for her in the long run.

The talent is definitely there, but she needs to work on on her in-ring psychology and character, which will be easier to do now that the spotlight’s off of her.

Love her or hate her, Charlotte gets a reaction and gets people talking like nobody else in the division. In all likelihood, she will probably drop the belt to Becky when she returns (presumably at Summerslam).

·
Southern Pride
5,207 Posts
Long may the Queen reign! Great match between Charlotte and Rhea.

I love both of the Women but WWE in typical fashion fucked it up with Rhea. This is what I feared about when the possibility of her being rushed up to her first main roster title reign was being speculated.

·
Registered
$tratus Faction
182 Posts
This made Rhea's WM win even more pointless. Asuka should have won that match.
No, she shouldn't have. Her reign was awful (not entirely her fault) and the right decision was made to shift focus on Charlotte and Rhea for the long term storytelling. The execution was just poor.
I’m a fan of both Rhea and Charlotte, but it’s no secret that Rhea’s title reign has been a dud. Losing this soon obviously sucks for her, but it may end up being the best thing for her in the long run.
I may not be a HUGE Charlotte Flair fan but this match definitely made me feel like she deserved to win her 13th* Championship.

*WOW! 13 already!? 😳

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Long may the Queen reign! Great match between Charlotte and Rhea.

I love both of the Women but WWE in typical fashion fucked it up with Rhea. This is what I feared about when the possibility of her being rushed up to her first main roster title reign was being speculated.
I think she was ready and she and Charlotte never had a bad match, but their feud was written horribly and they made a really stupid decision by making her alignment ambiguous when main roster fans didn't get to know her that well. They literally didn't know how to react to her, and the segment booking, along with constant underwhelming rematches with Asuka, didn't help.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Same shit over and over. Now Becky lynch will return tonight or next week and challenge her for the belt. Same ole shit.

·
Registered
970 Posts
People supporting Asuka in this thread. Yeah she’s good in the ring but apart from that she absolutely sucks. Look at her last night on top of the ladder when Nikki gets the case, she’s meant to be looking away and instead she botched it and keeps looking at Nikki and it looks like she just lets her take the case 🤦‍♂️ She’s just cringe!!

Rhea isn’t much better.

Bow down to The Queen, unless your name is Becky.

·
Registered
Charisma is when people look at you and start shivering.
625 Posts
I think the issue is not that whether she is a draw or not. But it seems like that she is always into the title picture. I mean didn't she have a tag team championship run some months ago before getting Covid?
It's like they only care about her breaking her father's record.

·
Registered
388 Posts
People supporting Asuka in this thread. Yeah she’s good in the ring but apart from that she absolutely sucks. Look at her last night on top of the ladder when Nikki gets the case, she’s meant to be looking away and instead she botched it and keeps looking at Nikki and it looks like she just lets her take the case 🤦‍♂️ She’s just cringe!!

Rhea isn’t much better.

Bow down to The Queen, unless your name is Becky.
Asuka is extremely charismatic and over.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
She always delivers. A match between her and Io Shirai should main event a PPV.

Is a better move have a returning Becky winning the title from Charlotte than Rhea because:

Kayfabe:
Becky's has Charlotte number, and the Queen can lose the title after one month and not hurt her credibility, she will play the heel, meanwhile Rhea who the company is trying to build as big baby face act would be hurt losing the title to another baby face.

Non Kayfabe:
Becky probably had some ring rust, and who better to work a SummerSlam caliber match in her in-ring return than someone is a veteran and who is her best friend in the company. Rhea still not on that level to carry someone as big as Becky on her return.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts