Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,736 Posts
I dont have to pretend cuz she was to the point where sites that normally kiss wwe's as were asking how sasha didnt come out of that feud with the belt. Sasha was trending after that final match, but yea she wasnt over cuz of that random promo.

Its almost as if you think nobody else saw the match. She lost the match on a random bullshit triviality, and yea if you're gonna sell the cage as a way that she cant escape, you probably shouldnt leave the other person in the middle of the ring crying after the hero got their hands on them.

Sasha standing tall- Inital beatdown , Bayley heel turn, final smackdown, Becky standing tall - every other time, including twice with flair in which they easily went over Sasha and Bayley despite hating each other.

Wanna try gaslighting again, cuz that first attempt failed.
lo. try again.
I don't have to pretend cause I have ears and Becky was getting her name chanted every week while Sasha was getting mild reactions. She was cutting that promo and fans were chanting for Becky just 2 weeks after her return.
When Becky was talking in Summer 18 you couldn't get the crowd to NOT cheer her.

You wana know how you're full of it?
You're including the times' Charlotte was in there. As if Charlotte doesn't look like a superwoman 90% of the time, and that a tag team babyface of top stars doesn't usually beat a tag team of heels.

And so we saw the same match? Are you denying those FACTS:

1- Becky hit her with a chair first?
2- They brawled all over the arena, looking very equal?
3- Becky then got her hands on the chair again and beat the living shit out of her, revenge from Sasha's return night?

You're making a big deal about a heel selling a beatdown from a an angry babyface as if it never happened before.

So you got 3 dates for Sasha?
Cool.

Becky then had her number on COC, RAW Sep 16, September 30, 2019. That's the 3 dates Becky stood tall before HIAC. "All the other times" don't exist, there were a lot of weeks where just backstage promos aired.
And that last RAW was just Becky barely chasing her off. All 3 times Sasha beat Becky were brutal, while the only brutal time for Becky was CoC.

When Becky was working with Sasha, Sasha was at a higher level, than before. She was doing nothing for a year, then tag team champs for a couple of months and lost to ICONICS, and then gone.
She starts working with Becky and what happensn?
She worked with Nikki and Alexa and made them look like jobbers by how easily she defeated them, when a year earlier Alexa was beating her. But you don't even see or acknowledge that.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Other than Asuka, I think the WWE wants Sasha to step up and prove that she can be a face of the division. This is her chance to show what she can do

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
lo. try again.
I don't have to pretend cause I have ears and Becky was getting her name chanted every week while Sasha was getting mild reactions. She was cutting that promo and fans were chanting for Becky just 2 weeks after her return.
When Becky was talking in Summer 18 you couldn't get the crowd to NOT cheer her.

You're including the times' Charlotte was in there. As if Charlotte doesn't look like a superwoman 90% of the time, and that a tag team babyface of top stars doesn't usually beat a tag team of heels.

3- Becky then got her hands on the chair again and beat the living shit out of her, revenge from Sasha's return night?

You're making a big deal about a heel selling a beatdown from a an angry babyface as if it never happened before.

Cool.

Becky then had her number on COC, RAW Sep 16, September 30, 2019. That's the 3 dates Becky stood tall before HIAC. "All the other times" don't exist, there were a lot of weeks where just backstage promos aired.
And that last RAW was just Becky barely chasing her off. All 3 times Sasha beat Becky were brutal, while the only brutal time for Becky was CoC.

When Becky was working with Sasha, Sasha was at a higher level, than before. She was doing nothing for a year, then tag team champs for a couple of months and lost to ICONICS, and then gone.
She worked with Nikki and Alexa and made them look like jobbers by how easily she defeated them, when a year earlier Alexa was beating her. But you don't even see or acknowledge that.
If the best you got is that fans were chanting for Becky when they should have then you got nothing. I have Sasha trending and you're telling me that Becky was doing her job as if thats supposed to impress me. lol

See what Im saying with your gaslighting. They did not look very equal in that part, Sasha was running for her life, and when Becky got her hands on her she as you put it got her revenge, making the cell match pointless.
And you cant pick and choose things, those two times with flair count. so 5- 3. which is 60/ 40 booking in favor of the person who won the feud.
Sasha was hot going into that feud and cool coming out of it. But par for the course with Sasha, she builds herself up to get fed to whoever Vince needs her to be fed to. Your girl aint the first to kill her momentum and she wont be the last. I just dont get why you're so afraid to admit this.

·
Premium Member
10,736 Posts
If the best you got is that fans were chanting for Becky when they should have then you got nothing. I have Sasha trending and you're telling me that Becky was doing her job as if thats supposed to impress me. lol

See what Im saying with your gaslighting. They did not look very equal in that part, Sasha was running for her life, and when Becky got her hands on her she as you put it got her revenge, making the cell match pointless.
And you cant pick and choose things, those two times with flair count. so 5- 3. which is 60/ 40 booking in favor of the person who won the feud.
Sasha was hot going into that feud and cool coming out of it. But par for the course with Sasha, she builds herself up to get fed to whoever Vince needs her to be fed to. Your girl aint the first to kill her momentum and she wont be the last. I just dont get why you're so afraid to admit this.
I don't understand how you don't think Becky was heavily more cheered.

Just another example, you could clearly see Becky getting bigger pop when she was talking, right?

dude, Charlotte picked up the victory in both tag matches pinning Bayley. How is it Becky's fault? If you want to count that towards Becky/Sasha not looking equally strong be my guest. I attribute it to Charlotte & Becky >> Bayley & Sasha with mostly Charlotte > Bayley, but sure, count it if you want to get to the 5-3.

"Running for her life", more like "smart heelwork", Sasha beating up Becky 3 times 1 on 1 and actually winning the match, proves she can hang with Becky. Why was the HIAC needed after Becky got her revenge? well duh, because the feud didn't end, Sasha won the match and they brawled around the arena, and they wanted to contain them to have a clear decisive winner.

Of course, she was trending after he returns and beating up both Natalya and Becky (Becky literally came out for the save and got her ass whooped, I could have cried she got geeked out but I know this is the right way for a big return, Sasha literally beat down both women of the title match at SummerSlam).

Was she trending every week? How many times did she trend after her return? I told you that after the initial shock, things died down for her. People didn't want to cheer her much vs Becky. That's my point. The way you make it seem is that the Women's title match should have been booked the next week immediately with Sasha winning. Do you realize how ridiculous this would have been?

Coming into that feud Sasha was NOTHING, she was gone, WTF? How could she come in of a feud hot, when when she was absent for 4 months, and before that she was either in Tag team or limbo?

She didn't come in hot, she became hot when she feuded with Becky. She returns to feud with Becky, HIGHER position than when she was before, and booked stronger than a year prior when she was trading wins with the Riott Squad.

The only thing that cooled Sasha down was her agreeing to be Bayley's sidekick on SD. That's character change unrelated to the person's prior performance. Rhea didn't have a character change but lost steam, but Sasha lost steam due to moving to another brand and agreeing to be a sidekick.

·
NBA
2,946 Posts
Tbf, with how wwe has been operating for years now, a wrestler elevating another one on their own without support from the promotion and its booking is almost mission impossible, so don't see why people engage in such heated debates about whether said wrestler elevated the other one or not. Nowadays, only way one can get elevated is by being charismatic enough to latch onto a fanbase and then good enough to use the first chance that the higher ups throw at them and even then, it ain't enough if the wrestler isn't good enough. wwe tried their damnedest to use the top names on SD to elevate Carmella in 2018, and see how it fared.

Has Charlotte's booking hurt Asuka's? Yeah, that's undeniable. As in, I recall two very clear instances of Asuka ending up lower on the totem pole after facing Charlotte yet I don't recall a single one example of her getting benefitted, neither short term nor long term, from having a program with Flair. However, is this just another symptom of how poorly wwe operates when building divisions rather than Flair being a female Hogan? Quite probably.

Has Becky been damaging for Asuka when doing programs with her? I don't think so. There's been no instances of Asuka entering a program with Becky and ending up inm a worse position than she was before and I actually recall an instance of her gaining momentum from having a program with her. However is this enough to say Becky elevated Asuka on her own? I don't think so, mainly because, wwe made sure to squash said momentum later on instead of capitalizing on it. To get elevated, the promotion has to be in on the whole thing to a certain degree. Imagine if, after HiaC 18 match, they had kept Becky off TV for months and then jobbed her out to someone like Natalya upon her return and had her feud with her.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Asuka will be the main face of the women's division for at least the next month and they will probably try to have her elevate Sasha, Bayley, Nia Jax and other women. I think it's time for the Iconics to break up and for Peyton Royce to become a singles wrestler. She has a lot of potential.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I don't understand how you don't think Becky was heavily more cheered.

Just another example, you could clearly see Becky getting bigger pop when she was talking, right?

dude, Charlotte picked up the victory in both tag matches pinning Bayley. How is it Becky's fault? If you want to count that towards Becky/Sasha not looking equally strong be my guest. I attribute it to Charlotte & Becky >> Bayley & Sasha with mostly Charlotte > Bayley, but sure, count it if you want to get to the 5-3.

"Running for her life", more like "smart heelwork", Sasha beating up Becky 3 times 1 on 1 and actually winning the match, proves she can hang with Becky. Why was the HIAC needed after Becky got her revenge? well duh, because the feud didn't end, Sasha won the match and they brawled around the arena, and they wanted to contain them to have a clear decisive winner.

Of course, she was trending after he returns and beating up both Natalya and Becky (Becky literally came out for the save and got her ass whooped, I could have cried she got geeked out but I know this is the right way for a big return, Sasha literally beat down both women of the title match at SummerSlam).

Was she trending every week? How many times did she trend after her return? I told you that after the initial shock, things died down for her. People didn't want to cheer her much vs Becky. That's my point. The way you make it seem is that the Women's title match should have been booked the next week immediately with Sasha winning. Do you realize how ridiculous this would have been?

Coming into that feud Sasha was NOTHING, she was gone, WTF? How could she come in of a feud hot, when when she was absent for 4 months, and before that she was either in Tag team or limbo?

She didn't come in hot, she became hot when she feuded with Becky. She returns to feud with Becky, HIGHER position than when she was before, and booked stronger than a year prior when she was trading wins with the Riott Squad.

The only thing that cooled Sasha down was her agreeing to be Bayley's sidekick on SD. That's character change unrelated to the person's prior performance. Rhea didn't have a character change but lost steam, but Sasha lost steam due to moving to another brand and agreeing to be a sidekick.

That clip aint really a great representation of anything. But if you want to use it as proof, have at it.

The point of a cage/ cell is to either stop someone from running or stop someone from using their people to help win, if you're able to catch and beat their ass before that, then the gimmick is pointless.

Right it's a completely normal thing for former tag team champions to get owned by two people who cant even stand being in the same room together.

And Sasha was trending the night of HIAC, not Becky, Sasha. So what's the excuse for that one?

Are you kidding me? Sasha was gone and still getting talked about week after week. As a matter of fact, using your metrics ( not mine) people popped for someone grieving her dead dad getting the shit beat out of her by Sasha. Even if Becky never came out there , they still would've been popping for her.

The fact is this, the aftermath is that Sasha despite a personality change still couldnt win the big one and people once again lost faith in her. Only difference between this time and the last two times wwe pulled this shit was that this time they let Sasha get the fuck out of dodge before Becky could completely bury her.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Asuka will be the main face of the women's division for at least the next month and they will probably try to have her elevate Sasha, Bayley, Nia Jax and other women. I think it's time for the Iconics to break up and for Peyton Royce to become a singles wrestler. She has a lot of potential.
Asuka is currently the face and will continue to be the face until flair or the next big thing from nxt comes to take it from her.

·
NBA
2,946 Posts
Can we honestly talk about Sasha getting elevated? The girl already has her big fanbase and her resume of matches throughout the years. She ain't this unknown rookie, so don't think she needs to be "elevated" (neither do the other popular known names of the division, for that matter) so much as simply be given the chance and run with it.

·
Premium Member
10,736 Posts
That clip aint really a great representation of anything. But if you want to use it as proof, have at it.

The point of a cage/ cell is to either stop someone from running or stop someone from using their people to help win, if you're able to catch and beat their ass before that, then the gimmick is pointless.
The point you are making was long dead when HIAC became a gimmick PPV. Are you telling me no wrestlers before got a HIAC match despite then getting hands-on their opponents first? what a joke. They are looking to settle the score because their last match ended with shenanigans, HIAC guarantees no shenanigans.

Right it's a completely normal thing for former tag team champions to get owned by two people who cant even stand being in the same room together.
That's not the point. How easily did Charlotte beat Bayley multiple times during their feud, and how Bayley got barely lucky with her wins?
We're talking about Becky/Sasha now and you know my opinion on trying to force all the HW in that feud made it a mess and diluted from the 1 on 1 feud. But Sasha never took the pin it was always Charlotte >>> Bayley.

And Sasha was trending the night of HIAC, not Becky, Sasha. So what's the excuse for that one?
No excuse but you have to understand there are more metrics to judge someone's popularity besides "trending". Shayna trended recently after her promo on Becky trashing her pregnancy. So Shayna is more popular than Asuka now?
Bayley trended for saying she's not Becky just a few weeks ago.

And really,

Not a bad company to be with yeah?

Becky was also #1 on Tumblr for wrestlers, more than Roman.

Becky Lynch, Female WWE Stars Dominate Tumblr’s Top 10 Trending Pro Wrestlers

Are you kidding me? Sasha was gone and still getting talked about week after week. As a matter of fact, using your metrics ( not mine) people popped for someone grieving her dead dad getting the shit beat out of her by Sasha. Even if Becky never came out there , they still would've been popping for her.

The fact is this, the aftermath is that Sasha despite a personality change still couldnt win the big one and people once again lost faith in her. Only difference between this time and the last two times wwe pulled this shit was that this time they let Sasha get the fuck out of dodge before Becky could completely bury her.
And I told you... yeah..Sasha got cheered big time during her return shock...how many times do I have to say it?

People lost faith in her... yet she was trending on twitter after the HIAC loss... you can't have it both ways?
They lost faith in her after seeing her booking on SD becoming a sidekick. Not Because of working with Becky. Everyone was expecting Bayley/Sasha to feud eventually but as Lacey feud dragged and then Naomi returned, Sasha was still playing a sidekick and never switched.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
How exactly could she have gone out on her back? You expect her to risk her baby taking bumps?
You think Becky just found out she was pregnant and quit wrestling on the spot? I would tend to believe they knew about the pregnancy long before MiTB. Even still, whatever the reason she didn't go out on her back to Asuka cost Asuka a real elevation.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
You think Becky just found out she was pregnant and quit wrestling on the spot? I would tend to believe they knew about the pregnancy long before MiTB. Even still, whatever the reason she didn't go out on her back to Asuka cost Asuka a real elevation.
What is your point? Regardless of even she found out she was pregnant, it’s irrelevant, she can’t take bumps for Asuka while she’s pregnant. What you’re asking of her would be unbelievable negligence.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
What is your point? Regardless of even she found out she was pregnant, it’s irrelevant, she can’t take bumps for Asuka while she’s pregnant. What you’re asking of her would be unbelievable negligence.
I'm not suggesting she should take bumps while pregnant. I'm just saying that her not dropping the belt to Asuka in a match sucked and didn't elevate Asuka at all. It just made Asuka look like the "consolation prize champion".

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I dont have to pretend cuz she was to the point where sites that normally kiss wwe's as were asking how sasha didnt come out of that feud with the belt. Sasha was trending after that final match, but yea she wasnt over cuz of that random promo.

Its almost as if you think nobody else saw the match. She lost the match on a random bullshit triviality, and yea if you're gonna sell the cage as a way that she cant escape, you probably shouldnt leave the other person in the middle of the ring crying after the hero got their hands on them.

Sasha standing tall- Inital beatdown , Bayley heel turn, final smackdown, Becky standing tall - every other time, including twice with flair in which they easily went over Sasha and Bayley despite hating each other.

Wanna try gaslighting again, cuz that first attempt failed.
People like you want Becky the face of the women’s division to be booked like a geek. Let me guess you properly thought austin was burying everyone in the 90’s when he went over 98% times in all his feuds.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
lo. try again.

Cool.

This Becky haters are hilarious and Charlotte fans talking about beckys booking is rich 😂😂😂

101 - 120 of 134 Posts