Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,048 Posts
Yeah, pretty well said. Tremendous athlete, good at making herself look good, not so good at making anybody else do so. She can't cut any kind of promo but a straight heel one, and when she tries to do the bad attitude face one like Becky does she still somehow comes off like a heel. Her offense also looks so bad so often. Her chops are just the worst things, and I will never get over it, and that friggin' moonsault where she lands on her feet (are you trying to hurt these people or backflip into a double hug?) is just comical, and the sheer stupidity of the Figure Eight doesn't help either.

Her inconsistent selling also ain't helping the cause. Watching Trish Stratus outdo her in that department in their Summerslam match was a big sarcastic two thumbs up to everyone that claims the women of yesteryear couldn't hold a candle to the ones today. It really, really, really is not all about how athletic you are.
That last part needs to be said and acknowledged so much more. Because it seems like a lot of people think just athleticism by itself can replace selling, psychology, story telling, technical wrestling, characters, promos, and everything else that Pro Wrestling needs.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Regardless of how good she is in the ring, I've never liked her. She just happens to be someone I've never liked for some reason.

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
The only real problem with Charlotte that I see is she's too damn tall. You can see when delivering some of her moves, they look awkward because of how lanky her body is.

But an awful worker? I've seen Charlotte have great athletic AND emotional matches with everyone from Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, etc. You don't do that by being an "awful worker."

·
The Babyface of WF
10,806 Posts
Flair is better in high stakes scenarios since she's more cooperative then, I feel she's barely trying outside of big matches and kinda coasts along.

Her working the leg of the opponent is evident but not exactly a priority so I've seen, Why bother starting it when you change your mind the next minute.

·
This is my show now
1,338 Posts
I haven't watched much of Charlotte or indeed WWE this year but I've seen enough and this seems to be some attitude she's developed this year. I'm sure she feels pretty untouchable, nothing will stop WWE making her a 16 time Women's Champion even if 15 of them are entirely forgettable. She's set, she's made, the McMahons especially HHH and his Ric Flair boner ensures shell be pushed to the moon no matter what she does.

So she seems to have this attitude now where she doesn't want to make anyone else look good, even in a loss. She'll take the L without complaint but she'll basically just refuse to sell anything and refuse to let anyone else get any real offence in. Its just the Charlotte Flair show. A lot of her matches this year have been exactly like that where she just goes into business for herself seemingly and shits all over whoever she is working with, she even did it to Bayley.
Reading this thread I was wondering did no one see her matches this year? She always no sold her opponent's offense but she has done it more than ever this year because she knows that the other 4HW and KW are more popular than her but they were all held back to some extent from 2015-2018. But now there's a group of NXT women that can also overshadow her.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
Her booking and her overexposure kinda made me turn off on her. I still think she's a good athlete and she can take those sick bumps too. I just kind of wish they didn't overpush her to the moon. I get the feeling she'll be 20-time champ in 5 years. :lmao

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,048 Posts
She is definitely better than Botcha Banks
Sasha has been pretty sloppy at times, she takes big risks and overestimates what she can do physically, and how athletic she actually is.

But she's tightened up in that area, and its pretty funny to label Sasha as Botcha Banks in defence of Charlotte Flair when Charlotte botches a lot herself.

Reading this thread I was wondering did no one see her matches this year? She always no sold her opponent's offense but she has done it more than ever this year because she knows that the other 4HW and KW are more popular than her but they were all held back to some extent from 2015-2018. But now there's a group of NXT women that can also overshadow her.
To be blunt, there does feel like there's an element of her sabotaging others to make herself look good and keep her spot.

You look at a match like the one she had with Lacey Evans where she just no sold everything, literally everything Lacey did and just sloppily tried to overpower her and make her do what she wanted and there's no other way of looking at that, than her trying to sabotage Lacey and make her look bad.

That was a blatant unwillingness to cooperate or work with her 'partner' in the ring.

·
This is my show now
1,338 Posts
To be blunt, there does feel like there's an element of her sabotaging others to make herself look good and keep her spot.

You look at a match like the one she had with Lacey Evans where she just no sold everything, literally everything Lacey did and just sloppily tried to overpower her and make her do what she wanted and there's no other way of looking at that, than her trying to sabotage Lacey and make her look bad.

That was a blatant unwillingness to cooperate or work with her 'partner' in the ring.
I said the same as well after the match. Lacey is green but she's had much better matches with everyone else. Her worst match (and the worst match of the year) was with Charlie. While Lacey isn't good in the ring, she at least carried an aura with her and did good enough character work, but that was a complete burial. Sipping tea with someone and then attacking them from behind only to get a big boot with their barefoot and then have the WOAT match with them.

Her match with Asuka was also terrible. Getting kicked in the head and going straight into a spear? wtf was that?

Her delusional stans are the most annoying on twitter. "Yasssss queen" when she has been stinking up everything she has been given this year to sabotage her opponents. It's a shame we didn't get to see Sasha vs. Trish. It would have been the perfect heel comeback for Sasha and people would actually keep talking about it whereas Charlie vs. Trish was forgotten about immediately.

·
Registered
281 Posts
FLyynch fans are so predictable, being passive-aggressive and shitting on Charlotte whenever an anti-Becky thread comes up.

"Oh I like Charlotte, I just don't like her push!"
"Charlotte is being shoved down our throats, but she is a good athlete!"
"Becky is being forced to tag with Charlotte to keep Charlotte relevant!"
"Charlotte is sabotaging everyone!"

Typical. It's quite a pattern. Becky's coming off a two-star match that she's supposed to headline, so they need to trash someone else. Bayley did all the work on SS while FLyynch does her usual bexploder-disarmher. At least she's adding more arm-drags now.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sounds like most of the criticism has more to do with how she’s being told to work a match. Charlotte’s biggest problem is her character work is awful. She’s a boring heel, and not likeable enough to be a face.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
She's absolutely looking unlikeable and egomaniac

·
Custom User Title
6,355 Posts
Charlotte looked god awful tonight as well. Alexa, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, and Kairi all sold for each other and tried to make everyone look good. Becky, Sasha, and Bayley all tried extra hard to sell for Asuka and Kairi as well.

On the other hand, Charlotte did very little selling of offense. She also effortlessly 1v2ed the Kabuki Warriors which was massively insulting. The only time she actually "sold" anything was when she was doing a spear and ran into the post. And even after that, she rolled to the outside and was shown standing and interacting with the audience after the match tonight, no selling what had happened.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Charlotte looked god awful tonight as well. Alexa, Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, and Kairi all sold for each other and tried to make everyone look good. Becky, Sasha, and Bayley all tried extra hard to sell for Asuka and Kairi as well.

On the other hand, Charlotte did very little selling of offense. She also effortlessly 1v2ed the Kabuki Warriors which was massively insulting. The only time she actually "sold" anything was when she was doing a spear and ran into the post. And even after that, she rolled to the outside and was shown standing and interacting with the audience after the match tonight, no selling what had happened.
Ok she just topped my WOAT list

·
Registered
810 Posts
That’s not really an opinion I share because it’s not fair to Charlotte Flair. Only someone as fair as Charlotte Flair could wrestle like a Flair. If you want to be fair to Charlotte Flair then you need to care about her and realize that Charlotte Flair is beyond compare. You also have to be aware of what a rare talent is Charlotte Flair. And that’s fair to Charlotte Flair.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts