Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Granted she did put on some great matches with the 4hw however , she seems unable to put anyone over for some reason .

This triple threat was just her (wooooo)manhandling everyone and no selling half of the offense while making a face because her nose was bleeding , she made everyone look bad even tho she took the ( roll up ) pin , its not solely her fault but that match clearly hurt Rhea's crediblity as a strong character.

Just needed to get it out of my chest. :ciampa

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
She's a solid talent, if she's in there with a good to top notch worker she can go all out but she just can't carry below average talent to a match, something her dad did with ease. I think she definitely should stop the moonsault, it looks worse everytime you see it.

I don't think she's a awful worker but I don't think she's anywhere close to say Asuka, Io or Sasha.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm not sure what's going on with Charlotte this year. She's mostly been kind of messy. She's also been guilty of no selling.
I'll admit she's had 3 good matches: the Smackdown match with Asuka (that we wish we could forget), 4HW tag match (before Clash of Champions) and because I'm feeling generous Summerslam with Trish.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sure she is :rolleyes:

An awful wrestler can't have the match catalog that Charlotte has, she has some of the best matches of the past 5 years on her belt.

The funny thing is the match with Sasha and Rhea was actually good as well. I have no idea what you are talking about.
Sure the thread title is a little harsh but I meant awful worker as in not good talent to work with not awful wrestler , she knows her craft however as good as she is , this match was mostly her dominating and no selling.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
She is a good, tough bumper and she is athletic for her size, but I think overexposure has now revealed some of her more prominent warts as an in-ring worker. She has some of the same issues Rollins has where her athleticism is used to cover up storytelling or execution issues at times. Her matches often don't have a lot of sense to them. They have great "spots" but there are various logic inconsistencies with a lot of her matches. She almost never works the leg to set up her finisher, her selling issues are well documented, and her moveset feels more like something that you get from a create-a-wrestler video game where you grab a bunch of cool moves that feel totally unrelated to one another and no coherency.

I also trust that I don't need to go into her moonsault.

Can't wait until the day where she has a match with Io Shirai billed as a "Battle of the Moonsaults" and she goes over Io with that broken moonsault of hers.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,163 Posts
I meant awful worker as in not good talent to work with not awful wrestler , she knows her craft however as good as she is , this match was mostly her dominating and no selling.
Everyone has their off days but I thought this match was good, if you said the same thing about the Lacey match I would have said fair enough.

I disagree about her not working well with weaker/greener girls. she gave Alexa one of her best matches in 2017, and Let's not forget the GREAT match she put on with Ronda.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,322 Posts
Charlotte's blitzkrieg booking is indeed cancer and makes everyone look bad, but I imagine it's the fault of whoever lays the matches out rather than Charlotte herself. It only seemed to really kick into high gear after Wrestlemania and Becky's ascent to the top, so I guess this is WWE's way of compensating for Charlotte having to be number 2 for a while.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
she's good imo, her and becky are helping keep me interested in womens wrestling during The Goddess™ lexi's ❤❤absence.

·
Registered
491 Posts
People who don't like Charlotte will say she is a Flair so she gets promoted. It is ok people don't like Charlotte but to come up with bs, it is amazing. It is obvious people come here to complain, it is their existence but Charlotte is the best. She put over Sasha when Sasha was the only one to beat her for the championship, she help Becky become one of the most popular wrestlers. If someone was put over, like Bob Backland, Hogan, Bruno Sammarinto who had the best for year(s), people would go crazy.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The OP is correct, it should however be mentioned it's deliberate - Charlotte knows the system too well, she will always be on top if she portrays herself as above her opposition in Vince's WWE, once you get to the top of Vince's system you stay there by sandbagging and no-selling. Seth's selling is garbage nowadays also, he gets it too.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Never hate her despite i never big fan of her but her recent work prove she only can be good when one of 4HW is around, it seems she underestimate another worker except her 4HW buddies, just look how she pull no sell to Kairi's DDT when she got outnumbered by KW or how she gave hard boot right into Kairi's face when she team with Nattie.
If you pay attention with tonight match, you can see how she try to a little bit disrespect Rhea until she realize Rhea notice it and decide to slow down.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,048 Posts
Granted she did put on some great matches with the 4hw however , she seems unable to put anyone over for some reason .

This triple threat was just her (wooooo)manhandling everyone and no selling half of the offense while making a face because her nose was bleeding , she made everyone look bad even tho she took the ( roll up ) pin , its not solely her fault but that match clearly hurt Rhea's crediblity as a strong character.

Just needed to get it out of my chest. :ciampa
I haven't watched much of Charlotte or indeed WWE this year but I've seen enough and this seems to be some attitude she's developed this year. I'm sure she feels pretty untouchable, nothing will stop WWE making her a 16 time Women's Champion even if 15 of them are entirely forgettable. She's set, she's made, the McMahons especially HHH and his Ric Flair boner ensures shell be pushed to the moon no matter what she does.

So she seems to have this attitude now where she doesn't want to make anyone else look good, even in a loss. She'll take the L without complaint but she'll basically just refuse to sell anything and refuse to let anyone else get any real offence in. Its just the Charlotte Flair show. A lot of her matches this year have been exactly like that where she just goes into business for herself seemingly and shits all over whoever she is working with, she even did it to Bayley.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The worst moonsault I've ever seen and she keeps doing it every match of her I watch.

For a wrestler who many claim to be the best women's wrestler in history, she botches too much.

·
Waiting for Kawato
779 Posts
Yeah, pretty well said. Tremendous athlete, good at making herself look good, not so good at making anybody else do so. She can't cut any kind of promo but a straight heel one, and when she tries to do the bad attitude face one like Becky does she still somehow comes off like a heel. Her offense also looks so bad so often. Her chops are just the worst things, and I will never get over it, and that friggin' moonsault where she lands on her feet (are you trying to hurt these people or backflip into a double hug?) is just comical, and the sheer stupidity of the Figure Eight doesn't help either.

Her inconsistent selling also ain't helping the cause. Watching Trish Stratus outdo her in that department in their Summerslam match was a big sarcastic two thumbs up to everyone that claims the women of yesteryear couldn't hold a candle to the ones today. It really, really, really is not all about how athletic you are.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts