Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,334 Posts
How is her losing a lot in any way a detriment to her?
It's detrimental because it brings inconsistency to her booking. And losing a lot doesn't allow her to have meaningful title reigns. All she gets are short title reigns, which only add to her number of reigns but don't help her character. So of course losing a lot is a detriment especially when the WWE cannot and do not seriously invest any effort into non-title feuds in the women's division.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
So Charlie won multiple titles, including one from the fotc during a down year and we're supposed to be impressed with that?

·
Registered
673 Posts
People are just mad at her because they put her in the match at WM mainevent. Being completely honest here, Without her the match would have probably sucked big time.
The match DID suck big time even with her there. Truth is Flair/Rousey wouldve been the best match, while Lynch/Rousey wouldve been the best story, and they did neither

Anyways, people disliked her before that, which is part of what led to Lynch getting over to begin with.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's amazing that getting 3 title reigns, Main Eventing Mania and retiring Trish Stratus is a slow year for her.

My issue with her is the lack of selling and getting in way too much offense every single match. We all know wins/losses in WWE don't really matter.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Live events dont count. Its whats shown on tv that counts.

I gotta give some credit of restrain to Paul and Vinny Mac here cause I thought for sure by now either Charlotte would have a title match against Becky for the Raw title and/or make her the 2nd Grand Slam Champion by winning the tag belts at TLC. So far they've done neither so a pleasant surprise there

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Counting live events is just stupid. If you go by her actually televised events she has basically been booked 50/50. Which I understand for her is a crazy step down but that's fine for most women. Plus, it is about the big matches. Sasha usually always got booked decent overall but has basically lost every single big match in her career, unlike Charlotte who has won an insane amount of big matches. The fact that I've heard Charlotte and Alexa complain recently is ridiculous

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,727 Posts
Erm ... most of her wins were title wins the same time. And she got to lose a few matches to lose the titles, if they want to push the title counter. Simple story.
I hope she doesn`t seriously count tag team or 1vs2 matches etc. If she expects to win them all, then she is out of mind.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The 92 time women's champion that's held the title longer than Bruno and Hogan combined is complaining about her win-loss record?

Fuck off Charlotte.

You've smothered the division to the point of irrelevance.

Image result for monty python albatross gif

Because no one ever actually gets to one up Charlotte.

When you actually look at it most people end up worse off after a Charlotte feud.

Becky, Asuka, Sasha, Ronda, ASUKA, Kairi, Nia, Trish, ASUKA!!!

The list goes on and one. Who has ever been better off after stepping in the ring with Charlotte?
What was wrong with Trish putting over Charlotte? I really don’t see the benefit in Trish going over Charlotte. Hell, Trish going over Lita back in 2006 never sat well with me and it still don’t because it took away from Mickie finally winning her title back from Lita.

I agree with Asuka.

Don’t even get me started on Sasha. Nia Jax? If anything that Alexa feud is what made her worse off, not Charlotte.

Becky is still the champion and she went over Charlotte more times than Charlotte went over her.

Ronda and Charlotte only had one singles match which Ronda won by DQ.

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
Most of the losses from house shows don't really matter either, most fans probably don't look for live event results, they only see the matches and wins-losses on TV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm Sick to death of her, she is not a female Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar battering people from bell to bell makes sense as he is a monster heel, allowing the face to get a pop with a comeback.

Flair is supposedly a face, but never allows her opponents any run of offence, 2, maybe 3 moves at the most before shutting them down over and over again, face/heel psycology is thrown right out of the window, the no selling is ridiculous, she just bulldozes her way through every match. Last night she brushed off Kairi Sanes finisher like it was nothing. Intentional or not, anyone who crosses her path looks like they are getting buried.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Charlotte has never once not been pushed in 2019 or now. Whether she lost is immaterial to the simple fact that she was featured on RAW more than anyone else that isn't named Becky Lynch. She's no selling Asuka Locks and taking on women 2 to 1 handicap. It takes prop weapons to get a hot dog pin on her like green mist, or outside interference.

It does not matter if she takes those losses because she'll be right back in her comfy spot the next week and waiting for her big payday wins at the ppvs.

In a way she's right, it is a detriment. Because let's face it, booking sees her as the 2017 Roman Reigns of the women's division. This is what Vince wants, not what the fans want.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
926 Posts
I'm Sick to death of her, she is not a female Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar battering people from bell to bell makes sense as he is a monster heel, allowing the face to get a pop with a comeback.

Flair is supposedly a face, but never allows her opponents any run of offence, 2, maybe 3 moves at the most before shutting them down over and over again, face/heel psycology is thrown right out of the window, the no selling is ridiculous, she just bulldozes her way through every match. Last night she brushed off Kairi Sanes finisher like it was nothing. Intentional or not, anyone who crosses her path looks like they are getting buried.
This/ thread.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Charlotte has only lost a lot of matches because WWE are desperately trying to fast-track her to Icon status, so they can peddle their bullshit about being the kid of a famous wrestler makes you better than everyone else.

The fact is, the ONLY reason she's amassed the achievements that she has is because she has been constantly handed everything in order for WWE to continue favouring the boss's besties.

Charlotte is not better on the mic or in the ring than a good half of the Women's roster. She's just, quite literally, always getting pushed. People are always lobbying for certain wrestlers to get a push, as the NORMAL thing in WWE is for people to get some flurries of TV matches here and there, but then get forgotten for years at a time, while one of Vince's favourites gets the main events.

No one has EVER lobbied for Charlotte to get a push because she has never NOT been in the middle of a push. She will equal her dad's 16 title reigns within another few years. But she won't have battled through blood, sweat, territory wars, company changes etc over 30 years to get them. She'll have gotten all 16 of them while sitting comfortably untouchable at the top of the division for about 5 years, while everyone in the office scrambles to massage her stats until they look like a legend's.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts