Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I could argue that the NXT women's title is one of the most untainted, prestigious titles on all of wrestling. It has almost a flawless title history. So going after that title is no demotion.

And I'm getting tires of this idea that NXT is developmental. It hasn't been for several years now and especially now that they are on mainstream tv twice a week. This is literally the only thing Charlotte could do at mania that wouldn't feel stale and since she for some reason always needs a big match every year, this is the only one that makes sense

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,818 Posts
I see it more like a Promotion for the nxt championship (see PC police, i just said "championship" not womens championship)

·
Standing with The Man
5,962 Posts
You would be right in saying the match is designed to elevate Rhea Ripley, but the other side of that is Charlotte, booked as the greatest woman wrestler of all-time, is just a tool being used to help elevate another one of the unproven development talents that is NXT's current flavour of the month (which changes every 3 months btw... remember when NXT fans actually thought someone like Sami Zayn should main event Wrestlemania?!).
A blind man can see Rhea is the future everything about her screams star she is for lack of a better comparison the next Charlotte Flair and her booking so far reflects that, she had the best Survivor Series week of anyone across all brands if not end of year. This match is Charlotte taking Rhea to next level I wouldn't be be surprised if this match is repeated at next years Mania for the Raw title after Rhea wins the Rumble.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
In my opinion,no matter how they cover it up,NXT is still the developmental territory, it won't change although they have popular name from Indies.

Now,as for Charlotte, I called it as demotion, Charlotte already win that title and it was like "graduation prize" for her and upgrade her level. So why she needs win it back?

It would be different story if Becky chase it since she need it to one step closer to Grandslam status.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I suppose there is 2 ways of looking at it, one the way you have decided to look at it and say it's a demotion or the other which is a push for the NXT brand. The fact that Charlotte has decided to go for the NXT championship out of the others could show an increase in stature for the brand. Just depends on how you want to look at it, in either case I'm not complaining. We get to see three big title matches this way in the womens division rather than two.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If she just collecting championships, then it’s not a demotion. It also means that, technically, she should have no problem going for the NXT UK Women`s Championship in the future.

It`s also not a demotion if it results in the NXT Championship match ends up on the main WM card. If anything, that would make it a promotion.

I don’t really care if she actually is being demoted though for the time being, since it means that others can be built up to be her equal, which will in turn lead to more dramatic stories when they face her.

At this point in time, she`s Super Charlotte.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Yeah, so why would Charlotte cash-in a Royal Rumble victory just to have an exhibition match with a dev talent?

They've gotta just be stalling for Becky vs Charlotte.
They're not doing Becky v Charlotte again dude.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Yeah, so why would Charlotte cash-in a Royal Rumble victory just to have an exhibition match with a dev talent?

They've gotta just be stalling for Becky vs Charlotte.
I've said for a while now I believe Charlotte vs Rhea is going to happen before Mania.

1. Wrestlemania takeover could use the womens title on the line
2. Charlotte and Rhea are interacting too early with like 7 weeks to go until mania and there's still 2 WWE PPVs and 2 NXT takeovers (if you count the takeover the day before mania) before mania
3. Charlotte losing clean to Rhea makes no sense after her winning her first Rumble. Vince ain't gonna do his golden girl like that. On the other side, Charlotte beating Rhea at mania makes no sense either.

I think we see Charlotte vs Rhea happening on one of the PPVs before mania. Maybe even next week at takeover portland. But make my words it's not happening at Mania.

·
Southern Pride
2,797 Posts
If you still have the view that NXT is the C show or just a developmental show then of course you're going to see Charlotte competing for the NXT Womens Championship as a demotion. Thats being short sighted though.

WWE wants to elevate the NXT show because that is the one competing against AEW. Using Charlotte to put over Ripley (and Bianca) is more important than worrying about if Charlotte is getting demoted or not for Mania. After all, people whine all the time about how "WWE never makes new stars. They only care about the same few women."

Also, nothing is wrong for the Royal Rumble winner to lose at WrestleMania. Especially after last years Rumble winners had a strong 2019 as Champs. IF Charlotte loses at Mania, it would prove my defense of her even more against those that hate her.

I get confused at the criticism of Charlotte because apparently she buries the division but she loses matches often and those that she beats have gone on to getting other opportunities. So their logic makes no sense.

Charlotte shouldn't win this match at WM, but it's not a demotion. It's giving something fresh for Charlotte while trying to elevate other women at the same time.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
You would be right in saying the match is designed to elevate Rhea Ripley, but the other side of that is Charlotte, booked as the greatest woman wrestler of all-time, is just a tool being used to help elevate another one of the unproven development talents that is NXT's current flavour of the month (which changes every 3 months btw... remember when NXT fans actually thought someone like Sami Zayn should main event Wrestlemania?!).
NXT current flavor of the month? Reigns, Rollins, Charlotte, Becky, Bray Wyatt all came from nxt. Drew McIntyre had a year long stint there.

Who was claiming Zayn would mainevent mania? He was ultimate underdog in nxt and couldn't beat anyone. When he finally win title he lost it pretty quickly. Zayn wasn't dominating at the rumble as a nxt competitor or pinning top raw and SD talent at Survivor Series.

Ripley on the other hand has been fast tracked in nxt. She barely appeared on NXT pre September 2019 then dominated at survivor series vs team raw and SD (which btw included Charlotte) and then won nxt title

It's pretty obvious Vince has huge plans for three nxt wrestlers all of them women. Baszler, Ripley and Belair. Their performances at survivor series and rumble highlight that fact.

He wants all three to get major exposure at Wrestlemania working his two top full time women.

People are looking at this completely wrong. Vince doesn't care about nxt but he does care about ccertain talent in nxt from time to time. The last time he was behind nxt talent this much was Charlotte/Sasha and Becky in 2015 and probably have to go back to Ambrose/Rollins and Reigns in November 2012 to a time three nxt talent were pushed this hard out the gate

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
It's weird people saying it's a demotion when others say NXT is better than the other 2 brands...

·
Registered
30 Posts
NXT isn't as big of a platform as Raw or SmackDown BUT no one's going to get pumped up for Charlotte/Becky or Charlotte/Bayley. This feud is the best way to keep Charlotte interesting.

It's weird people saying it's a demotion when others say NXT is better than the other 2 brands...
Better doesn't mean bigger. NXT is a more consistent show but it's nowhere near as big as either of the main roster shows.

·
Registered
22,576 Posts
A demotion compared to what?

Of last year’s spot? Sure. But they weren’t getting that spot this year again. As it is she’ll still have one of the most promoted matches on the card and still get her grand entrance and all.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
If she just collecting championships, then it’s not a demotion. It also means that, technically, she should have no problem going for the NXT UK Women`s Championship in the future.

It`s also not a demotion if it results in the NXT Championship match ends up on the main WM card. If anything, that would make it a promotion.

I don’t really care if she actually is being demoted though for the time being, since it means that others can be built up to be her equal, which will in turn lead to more dramatic stories when they face her.

At this point in time, she`s Super Charlotte.
Wow.

If Charlotte goes from the main event of Wrestlemania to winning the rumble to... going for the 3rd-string women’s title match (the NXT belt) somewhere in the middle of the card...

...that’s a massive demotion no matter what you marks say.

NXT only draws 700,000 viewers a week and is the smallest, least successful of all major wrestling shows.

And that’s not perception, that’s a fact.

WWE wants you to believe NXT is not a demotion and that’s why they’re doing this. Pressure from AEW is a factor. You’re a mark if you don’t understand this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's hilarious when someone on a wrestling forum calls someone else on a wrestling forum "a mark"... we're all marks.

You getting so wound up and emotional about it just means you're a bigger one than most.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I still don't really know how i feel about this potential Charlotte/Rhea WM match, all i know is Rhea needs to win and i definitely wouldn't see it as a demotion for Charlotte. The NXT Women's Championship making the WM card is a promotion for Rhea & NXT though. I'm just wondering about TO Tampa though, they can't have Rhea defend two nights in a row. Or maybe they just have Kay Lee Ray defend her UK Women's Championship at TO Tampa?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
It's hilarious when someone on a wrestling forum calls someone else on a wrestling forum "a mark"... we're all marks.

You getting so wound up and emotional about it just means you're a bigger one than most.
Getting wound up about something is independent from the concept of being a mark, so the above is invalid logic.

Invalid logic in response to criticism usually happens when someone is emotional. Not having a go or anything, just looks funny on the surface lol

·
HEADBANGA
21,701 Posts
Charlotte wrestles for the NXT title at mania and that is somehow a demotion? She elevates the title to be featured on the mania card. That is true star power coming from Charlotte Flair.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts