Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Southern Pride
2,893 Posts
Charlotte admits that she knew that Kairi was hurt, but she didn't say how hurt she knew Kairi was. Plus Charlotte admitted that she was "in the moment of the match", which is what I guessed originally from what happened.

Anything that Charlotte said here isn't anything new from what was already talked about right after the match happened other than she admitting to knowing Kairi was hurt.

They all probably knew that Kairi was hurt at some point and went on with the match. I still don't see the reason to be overly angry about this NOW all over again.

Charlotte, Becky, the refs, everyone involved did a shit job of being aware sooner and doing something more about Kairis situation before the match was over. I said that back when it happened, so i'm being consistent. I'm not going to sit here and overly defend Charlotte but i'm also trying to not overreact with emotion.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
What kinda "keep the crowds invested with the match" as excuse? Even the mysey as the viewer at home has lost their interest and need the match end quickly when Kairi couldn't stand by her own foot.

Charlotte will never get a punishment for this, she's WWE golden girl for now and her job is "kill" the potential superstar and Kairi is one of those.

Never forget
Such a brutal hit and the ref knew immediately.

·
Since Day One
9,843 Posts
Wow. Just...wow. Completely disappointing behavior. Absolute shameful mentality. Fuck Charlotte Flair.

Okay, okay, enough disingenuous preamble. xD I read the article and perhaps to the surprise of absolutely no one, I had no problem with what she had to say. The biggest points of contention seem to be about how she “obviously” knew that Kairi was injured and that she was thinking more about how to keep the main event match a spectacle for fans to care about. On paper, this leaves plenty of wiggle room for big time Charlotte dissenters to lay in their biased, malicious interpretations in the hopes that their egos gets stroked in a vindictive echo chamber. Fortunately, I’m here to ruin their parade. ;)

You know what’s missing from this statement, which makes things kinda important for a definitive conclusion. When it was obvious to Charlotte that Kairi was hurt. You also know what’s missing from this statement? The intensity of concern between Charlotte’s concern about the match and her concern about Kairi Sane. For all we know, they could be about as distant as the Earth is from Neptune. But the thing is, the article doesn’t say.

So...where does that leave us exactly? Back to square one. Without any insight from when exactly Charlotte knew Kairi’s bell was rung, it’s extremely difficult to give an accurate estimation on how little or how much Kairi’s health was a concern to Charlotte. If she knew the same time that Becky knew, then I would completely understand the outrage. But if she was aware after the powerbomb, then it wouldn’t be out of the question to say that she had Kairi’s health as a big concern, considering she doesn’t really touch her for the rest of the match.

Here’s what I do know for certain, though. If the last two weeks are any real indication, it makes no difference how big you are on the food chain—if you made enough beef with the boys and girls in the back, eventually, you will be dragged for it. I’ve yet to see that happen with Charlotte besides the usual horde of disgruntled fans who truly believe that Charlotte is the stumbling block between their favorite female wrestler and a HOF career.

And yeah, let’s talk about the underlying implication for just a second here because when it comes down to it, that’s the crux of why her words and actions tend to get spun in the most horrible directions—resentment. But if you truly want to hold your badge as a smart (aka a smart mark), perhaps you’d realize that it doesn’t matter if the the apple of Vinny Mac’s eye was Charlotte or Alexa or Ronda or heck, even Becky. That still leaves little room for the Banks and Bayleys (though I’m throughly confused as to why there’s so much grumbling about her booking lel) to get through to the desired level. The hype machine behind a certain, company-driven mold of wrestler will (for better or worse) almost always take precedent over your worship of Meltzer stars and underdog connections, and it’ll last even after Vince is gone from the equation.

And you know what the worst part about this is? The shameful hypocrisy. So much belittling of Charlotte for supposedly not caring about Kairi’s well-being but the kickstart of all of this self-righteous posturing from the “ever-loving, never-at-all-toxic” IWC is less about “press F to pay respects for Kairi” and more about “I just hope that this means that Charlotte gets de-pushed now”. Not only is it hypocrisy, I’d dare say it’s delusional hypocrisy. I can’t be mad at that, really.

If anything, I pity it.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
So basically she just confirmed what everyone watching knew, that Charlotte was more concerned with her big moments rather than the safety of her fellow wrestler. So she ignored Kairi fighting her off and resisting to be put throw a table for that reason. You even saw Kairi fleeing from Charlotte running towards Becky towards the end of the match.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Charlotte, Becky, the refs, everyone involved did a shit job of being aware sooner and doing something more about Kairis situation before the match was over. I said that back when it happened, so i'm being consistent. I'm not going to sit here and overly defend Charlotte but i'm also trying to not overreact with emotion.
Becky everything she could to help Kairi, she talked to the refs, talked to Asuka, made sure to roll he rout of the way so that she doesn't get hurt more. Charlotte and the refs are more at fault.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Quite troubling how she was more concerned about getting her shit in rather than the safety of her coworker, I get how planned out spot for spot TLC matches are and the layout of the match is finalized long before they're actually out there but in situations like this someone should call an audible and change some things up but Charlotte didn't even bother trying to do that... I don't know how anyone can defend this, especially after Charlotte admits she knew Kairi was hurt.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Wow. Just...wow. Completely disappointing behavior. Absolute shameful mentality. Fuck Charlotte Flair.

Okay, okay, enough disingenuous preamble. xD I read the article and perhaps to the surprise of absolutely no one, I had no problem with what she had to say. The biggest points of contention seem to be about how she “obviously” knew that Kairi was injured and that she was thinking more about how to keep the main event match a spectacle for fans to care about. On paper, this leaves plenty of wiggle room for big time Charlotte dissenters to lay in their biased, malicious interpretations in the hopes that their egos gets stroked in a vindictive echo chamber. Fortunately, I’m here to ruin their parade. ;)

You know what’s missing from this statement, which makes things kinda important for a definitive conclusion. When it was obvious to Charlotte that Kairi was hurt. You also know what’s missing from this statement? The intensity of concern between Charlotte’s concern about the match and her concern about Kairi Sane. For all we know, they could be about as distant as the Earth is from Neptune. But the thing is, the article doesn’t say.

So...where does that leave us exactly? Back to square one. Without any insight from when exactly Charlotte knew Kairi’s bell was rung, it’s extremely difficult to give an accurate estimation on how little or how much Kairi’s health was a concern to Charlotte. If she knew the same time that Becky knew, then I would completely understand the outrage. But if she was aware after the powerbomb, then it wouldn’t be out of the question to say that she had Kairi’s health as a big concern, considering she doesn’t really touch her for the rest of the match.

Here’s what I do know for certain, though. If the last two weeks are any real indication, it makes no difference how big you are on the food chain—if you made enough beef with the boys and girls in the back, eventually, you will be dragged for it. I’ve yet to see that happen with Charlotte besides the usual horde of disgruntled fans who truly believe that Charlotte is the stumbling block between their favorite female wrestler and a HOF career.

And yeah, let’s talk about the underlying implication for just a second here because when it comes down to it, that’s the crux of why her words and actions tend to get spun in the most horrible directions—resentment. But if you truly want to hold your badge as a smart (aka a smart mark), perhaps you’d realize that it doesn’t matter if the the apple of Vinny Mac’s eye was Charlotte or Alexa or Ronda or heck, even Becky. That still leaves little room for the Banks and Bayleys (though I’m throughly confused as to why there’s so much grumbling about her booking lel) to get through to the desired level. The hype machine behind a certain, company-driven mold of wrestler will (for better or worse) almost always take precedent over your worship of Meltzer stars and underdog connections, and it’ll last even after Vince is gone from the equation.

And you know what the worst part about this is? The shameful hypocrisy. So much belittling of Charlotte for supposedly not caring about Kairi’s well-being but the kickstart of all of this self-righteous posturing from the “ever-loving, never-at-all-toxic” IWC is less about “press F to pay respects for Kairi” and more about “I just hope that this means that Charlotte gets de-pushed now”. Not only is it hypocrisy, I’d dare say it’s delusional hypocrisy. I can’t be mad at that, really.

If anything, I pity it.
Did you need all those words to just complain about the IWC picking on Charlotte?

Anyway, Charlotte made a mistake, and had her priorities misplaced. That's it. It doesn't matter if it was Charlotte or anyone else who had done that, the person done fucked up. She's not the only one (refs also) but if she knew Kairi was hurt, she definitely could have done without the slap and powerbomb.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I don't buy it. After Benoit, I don't buy it for one minute that WWE would mess around with concussions if the ref believed Kairi was in serious danger. Was she dazed? Absolutely. Did she tell the ref she could continue? I suppose so. Did she tell him convincingly enough that he allowed her to continue? Apparently. This was Kairi's first main event, maybe she kept it in so she didn't lose out on her opportunity.

I just don't see the opportunity for someone to be negligent and inconsiderate because they dont' like someone when there is so much heat on concussions, company liability, and one's own 6 figure salary. If I made that kinda cash, I'd keep my personal shit locked up and keep cashing checks, regardless of what that took. I'm not gonna jump on that bandwagon that twists the smallest thing into an iron clad assertion that a certain person is an asshole. Same BS is happening with Tessa. If she's guilty, throw the outrage book at her, fire her, bankrupt and blacklist her. I don't care. But until there's some evidence, I'm not feeding into the automatic character assassination that is a racism charge.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
the proof is in the match when Becky's visually pulling p
I don't buy it. After Benoit, I don't buy it for one minute that WWE would mess around with concussions if the ref believed Kairi was in serious danger. Was she dazed? Absolutely. Did she tell the ref she could continue? I suppose so. Did she tell him convincingly enough that he allowed her to continue? Apparently. This was Kairi's first main event, maybe she kept it in so she didn't lose out on her opportunity.
So you think Becky was being overly cautious when she's pulling punches and rolling her under the ring out of danger? And that's ignoring the fact that Kairi's actively fighting a power bomb. Lets not forget these are the same idiots that let a concussed liv back in the ring to take a triple suplex. WWE gives 0 fucks about protecting their wrestlers until such a time as tragedy strikes

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,443 Posts
This past week has proved that wrestling fans will defend literally anything their waifus do, why is it so hard to say "what my girl did was wrong but I still support her".

Charlotte flat out admits she knew Kairi was injured but was more interested in getting her shit in than protecting Kairi and yet people are still trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. If Charlotte isn't the bad guy here where's her apology to Kairi, where's the remorse, where's the empathy? Usually when wrestlers injure somebody, no matter how accidental they usually feel bad about it. Charlotte sounds so matter of fact in these comments it's like she doesn't give a shit.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,668 Posts
What an idiot. I understand what she is trying to say, but my God she shot herself in the head with this. What a goof.

·
The EST of NXT
28,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The outrage machine is really fired up this week.

If you're looking for a reason to hate someone, you can talk yourself into it with very little material. Let's consider for a moment that maybe Charlotte is not a self centered racist that hates all Japanese people. Perhaps there was a lot of pressure not only on her, but Becky, Asuka, and Kairi to perform if they ever wanted to have that main event spot in this kind of match again. Lord knows if the match was any worse, the faction that hates Charlotte and women's wrestling in general would be in here torching them for that too. Every wrestler knows the show must go on if it can, and if it can't, the ref will stop the match and throw up the crossed arms and get the medics out there.
Multiple things are wrong with your post.

1. Charlotte is in my top 3
2. There have been plenty of mediocre women's main events, especially all of Becky's last year. This one was the worst in spite of Charlotte trying to overcompensate, yet it still won't stop them from main eventing in the future.
3. It's not the ref's decision to stop the match; it's the wrestlers'. If Kairi keeps saying she can go, the ref can't overrule her.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,048 Posts
I love how people are trying to defend Charlotte here "out of context" or "you're misquoting her" She literally stated she was more concerned with the match itself than she was Kairi.

Rule 101 of Pro Wrestling is too look after your opponent, Charlotte failed at that miserably. Botches happen, but Charlotte didn't care that her opponent was hurt.

She only really cares about herself in the ring. That was painfully clear in 2019, so many of her matches were just a mess where she no sold everything and flat out refused to let her opponent do anything because Charlotte wanted all the offence so she looked good. This is a further example of that, Charlotte looking good was more important to her than her coworkers health.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Look at Benoit and Jericho vs Powerman Trip match for sample, Trips gave cue to Jericho that he's hurt and Jericho was try to be more careful when he applied the Boston Crab to Hunter on table, yes,they all keep playing after Triple H tore his quad but all of them were focus to Hunter condition before Benoit made save by dragged out Hunter from the ring.

·
Since Day One
9,843 Posts
Did you need all those words to just complain about the IWC picking on Charlotte?

Anyway, Charlotte made a mistake, and had her priorities misplaced. That's it. It doesn't matter if it was Charlotte or anyone else who had done that, the person done fucked up. She's not the only one (refs also) but if she knew Kairi was hurt, she definitely could have done without the slap and powerbomb.
Oh, please. You forgot about the refuting and mockery. There was plenty of that, too. ;)

·
The EST of NXT
28,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Charlotte fans are looking really bad right now trying to defend her from this.

The #1 goal of a wrestler is to protect your opponent. She should not be welcome in WWE or any other company if she has this flippant attitude about safety.
The pathetic attempts to spin this are almost as bad as the statement. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt when it happened, but she made it very clear that the match was more important to her than Kairi's safety while showing no remorse whatsoever, and delusional Stans are still desperately defending this mess.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
The pathetic attempts to spin this are almost as bad as the statement. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt when it happened, but she made it very clear that the match was more important to her than Kairi's safety while showing no remorse whatsoever and delusional Stans are still desperately defending this mess.
Never give a Flair the benefit of the doubt. That was your mistake.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,048 Posts
The pathetic attempts to spin this are almost as bad as the statement. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt when it happened, but she made it very clear that the match was more important to her than Kairi's safety while showing no remorse whatsoever and delusional Stans are still desperately defending this mess.
The really alarming thing is she didn't actually seem to care, still. There was no sense of remorse or apology in anything she said.

·
The EST of NXT
28,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
The really alarming thing is she didn't actually seem to care, still. There was no sense of remorse or apology in anything she said.
Right. Most people with a conscience would say something to the effect of looking back at it and feeling horrible, but all she was worried about is getting herself over.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts