Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
28,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nope. Not what she said. You're misquoting and should get a warning from the mods.
"Obviously she was hurt, but in the match I'm just thinking 'How do we keep people invested?' "

That's a verbatim quote. Your failure to comprehend her statement isn't my problem. Literally every other wrestler who has told a mid match injury story has expressed concern to them, eased up on offense, or asked if they wanted to keep going. She was more concerned about having MOTN than Kairi's safety, and it backfired miserably.

·
Premium Member
16,722 Posts
"Obviously she was hurt, but in the match I'm just thinking 'How do we keep people invested?' "

That's a verbatim quote. Your failure to comprehend her statement isn't my problem. Literally every other wrestler who has told a mid match injury story has expressed concern to them, eased up on offense, or asked if they wanted to keep going. She was more concerned about having MOTN than Kairi's safety.
Charlotte did not say
"I'm more Concerned with TLC Match than Kairi's Injury"

It's your problem with how you want to interpret what she said. Any mod who isn't complete shit needs to change your title. It's click bait.

That's a verbatim quote. Your failure to comprehend her statement isn't my problem. Literally every other wrestler who has told a mid match injury story has expressed concern to them, eased up on offense, or asked if they wanted to keep going. She was more concerned about having MOTN than Kairi's safety, and it backfired miserably.
I have reread the quote, not realizing there was a 3rd page with further talk. While I don't think she meant to say she didn't care about Kairi, I agree that is how it comes off after the full interview.

I agree with your interpretation.

·
The EST of NXT
28,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yikes! Where's the "I was wrong I'll take better care of my opponents in the future", where was the "I am deeply sorry Kairi, my recklessness stole a month and possibly more off of your career"?
It's more sad that she had a month to think about it and this is what came out of her mouth. She even went into detail about match design instead of expressing any kind of sympathy for Kairi. I'm so disappointed.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,201 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
What kinda "keep the crowds invested with the match" as excuse? Even the mysey as the viewer at home has lost their interest and need the match end quickly when Kairi couldn't stand by her own foot.

Charlotte will never get a punishment for this, she's WWE golden girl for now and her job is "kill" the potential superstar and Kairi is one of those.

Never forget

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,175 Posts
Wrong. She verbally acknowledged "OBVIOUSLY SHE WAS HURT." Stop dancing around the truth.
Well Yeah she knew she was hurt at some point of the match but not in the moment it happened as she literally said in the beginning of this interview. stop taking her out of context.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Well Yeah she knew she was hurt at some point of the match but not in the moment it happened as she literally said in the beginning of this interview. stop taking her out of context.
The point here is that Charlotte was more concerned about the match than she was about Kairi AFTER she realised that Kairi was injured. This is what that quote means. "Obviously she was hurt, but in the match I'm just thinking 'How do we keep people invested?'"

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,175 Posts
The point here is that Charlotte was more concerned about the match than she was about Kairi AFTER she realised that Kairi was injured. This is what that quote means. "Obviously she was hurt, but in the match I'm just thinking 'How do we keep people invested?'"
After she was hurt though Charlotte and Kairi pretty much stayed far from each other Kairi was dealing with Becky and Charlotte was in the other side of the ring with Asuka. after the power bomb I think is when it hit her that she was injured because after that Kairi stopped taking any spots and it was all Asuka.

·
The EST of NXT
28,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You clearly don't understand the context. Read it out loud if you need to. She's not saying she didn't know. She's saying in retrospect, she (and the others) had different emotions about how they handled it than when it actually happened. She plainly acknowledges that they knew, but it put them in a tough spot. There was no denial whatsoever. She never said "I didn't know."

·
Premium Member
9,771 Posts
I mean, she should at least apologize.

edit: now that I read the whole thing. Good lord, Charlie. WTF would you answer that question like that?

"To me, me and Becky tagging is more what I was thinking about. How does that come across and how our characters should be interacting on television. "

Jesus!
This annoys me as well. this is what she cares about? Why did they have a half-assed reunion then? Why did they team up a bunch of meaningless times before, thus diluting their reunion? The characters on TV should hate each other and I still see no reason why not.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The outrage machine is really fired up this week.

If you're looking for a reason to hate someone, you can talk yourself into it with very little material. Let's consider for a moment that maybe Charlotte is not a self centered racist that hates all Japanese people. Perhaps there was a lot of pressure not only on her, but Becky, Asuka, and Kairi to perform if they ever wanted to have that main event spot in this kind of match again. Lord knows if the match was any worse, the faction that hates Charlotte and women's wrestling in general would be in here torching them for that too. Every wrestler knows the show must go on if it can, and if it can't, the ref will stop the match and throw up the crossed arms and get the medics out there.

·
Custom User Title
6,355 Posts
The outrage machine is really fired up this week.

If you're looking for a reason to hate someone, you can talk yourself into it with very little material. Let's consider for a moment that maybe Charlotte is not a self centered racist that hates all Japanese people. Perhaps there was a lot of pressure not only on her, but Becky, Asuka, and Kairi to perform if they ever wanted to have that main event spot in this kind of match again. Lord knows if the match was any worse, the faction that hates Charlotte and women's wrestling in general would be in here torching them for that too. Every wrestler knows the show must go on if it can, and if it can't, the ref will stop the match and throw up the crossed arms and get the medics out there.
Problem is that Mark Henry had talked about Charlotte and Kairi a couple of weeks before TLC during Busted Open Radio, and had outright said he heard from people backstage that she does not like Kairi. At all. She's one of the very few people who don't like her behind the scenes. And Mark would likely know about that kind of stuff considering he still has connections backstage.

Stop trying to defend Charlotte being a self centered fuckhead. This isn't the first time she's done this (treated her coworkers like shit), and probably won't be the last. But she should 100% be called out for it. Because as a professional wrestler, your first priority should not be "I GOTTA MAKE MYSELF LOOK GREAT", but rather the safety of your coworkers.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts