Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several characters have manifested much of the Chaotic Evil alignment of the Dungeons and Dragons RPG. They have all done things that are very much what the code of this philosiphy dictates. Triple H, Kane and Test are a few examples. Why do the writers lean on such an alignment?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
..because thats the point of a heel?

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
Several characters have manifested much of the Chaotic Evil alignment of the Dungeons and Dragons RPG. They have all done things that are very much what the code of this philosiphy dictates. Triple H, Kane and Test are a few examples. Why do the writers lean on such an alignment?
what?

·
Registered
16,723 Posts
The only real examples of Chaotic Evil I can think of are "The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (before the turn), Mankind and Kane.

Most heels are what I would consider Lawful Evil. Triple H is the very definition of Lawful Evil. He was very manipulative and had a very calculated approach to every evil act he did.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Had to google chaotic evil and found a site that has all the categories on.

With regards to evil, I would agree that the majority of heels in the WWE come under the category of chaotic evil, as opposed to neutral or lawful evil, probably because most of them get over as heels by arbitrarily attacking a face, or aligning with other heels, with few of them expressing motivations behind their actions other than reckless agression.

Also I reckon John Cena:
A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly (hustle). He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice (loyalty and respect). A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished.
and Stone Cold:
A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Only current person that is kind of mythological vampire like evil is Kane and Undertaker I think. Though it was a big storyline during the Attitude Era with the Gangrel, Test undertaker ect. I think the storyline has been edited by creative with the PG era.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I should make one of those nine box alignment thing with wrestlers on it.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I think OP is talking about this:

Type in "chaotic good/evil" online and you'll find a whole bunch of variations. I love these because it shows the diversity in characters.

I'm thinking

Lawful Good - Hulk Hogan of the 80's (say your prayers, eat your vitamins).
Neutral Good - John Cena of late (just based on how he handles revenge, as with the Solid Snake example above.
Chaotic Good - Face Austin vs Vince, Face Orton, Undertaker,

Lawful Neutral - Dolph Ziggler maybe? This was the toughest one really, I just went with him because he's almost heel by who he's with. Maybe Michael Cole here?
True Neutral - Guys who do nothing really. Midcarders like DH Smth, Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu. Obviously when they grow as characters up the card they'll shift allignment.
Chaotic Neutral - Austin again (in the way that he would just Stunner everyone),

Lawful Evil - Nexus (following orders like Vader in the above), Vince McMahon (doing what he thinks is best for business).
Neutral Evil - Heel Jericho (Look at the bottom poster of Sylar. In that sense, Jericho isn't doing evil for the sake of doing evil, as he believes he's doing right).
Chaotic Evil - Kane, Mankind.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I fit in with the, "Chaotic Neutral: might save your life, might steal your car"one. :p

As for the OP's question. WWE simply goes for the easiest, most simplistic writing. I would love to see more shades of gray.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
This is a new one on me, so tell me if these nine guys fit the categories:

Lawful Good - Rey Mysterio
Lawful Neutral - The Undertaker
Lawful Evil - CM Punk

Neutral Good - The Great Khali
True Neutral - Primo
Neutral Evil - Tyler Reks

Chaotic Good - Edge
Chaotic Neutral - Randy Orton
Chaotic Evil - Kane

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
This is a new one on me, so tell me if these nine guys fit the categories:

Lawful Good - Rey Mysterio
Lawful Neutral - The Undertaker
Lawful Evil - CM Punk

Neutral Good - The Great Khali
True Neutral - Primo
Neutral Evil - Tyler Reks

Chaotic Good - Edge
Chaotic Neutral - Randy Orton
Chaotic Evil - Kane
You have the "goods" down right, certainly, but with the WWE its very hard to have a true neutral character, because of the nature of the product. Also, Kane is actually Chaotic Neutral, not Evil. The original incarnation of Mankind is the poster boy for Chaotic Evil.

·
Registered
934 Posts
when I think chaotic evil or just evil in WWE currently; it's CM Punk although he claims to be a matyr for new nexus, in SES he was lawful. Alberto Del Rio mostly. The Miz. Swagger. McIntyre. Vickie. Laycool.

people who have pulled off chaotic evil memorably in recent years past would be Orton in 08, Sheamus during his push, Wade Barrett during the Nexus, Chris Jericho the honest man, Kane 2010, etc

I think that system works for Dungeons and Dragons because multiple races/species are involved. Not just humans. Humans psyche generally fluctuates a lot, where as say Night Elves don't. in WWE there is good or evil and there is not much left to thought

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I don't beleive anybody in WWE is currently chaotic evil simply because they are still firmly under the whims of the computer GM whereas someone who was chaotic would tell the authroity to STFU (like Edge). Nexus when they originally debuted was really the last vessal of chaotic evil to appear in WWE.

Though as a rule, most wrestling characters tend to be neutral good or neutral evil. Wrestlers are inherently individualistic and don't get over by being lawful unless they're the top guys and even then only Hogan was ever really lawful. Most other top guys aren't so much as lawful as authroitative (having the other guys abide by a code of conduct, but not apply it towards themselves.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.