Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now the biggest problem with TNA is the lack of exposure for the company. We have a great roster of talent and only 1 2-Hour show to showcase that talent. Storylines are only developed over that 2 hour time slot, and a lot of wrestlers end up sitting on the sidelines waiting for their storyline opportunity to come up. So This had me thinking about what TNA could do to brand itself, get more television exposure, and give everyone an opportunity to get air time.

What I think would benefit TNA greatly would be to have shorter shows that can be branded on their own.

TNA Knockout Tuesdays - 1 Hour Show on Spike TV dedicated to the Knockout's Division.

TNA Impact Wrestling Thursdays - 90 Minute Show on Spike TV dedicated to the company's Tag Team, Television, and World Championship Divisions.

TNA Xplosive Saturdays - 1 Hour Show on Spike TV dedicated to the X Division.

TNA Reaction - 1 Hour Web Show that recaps the week in TNA Wrestling.

This would allow fans to see branded television with everyone coming together for Pay-Per-Views. You could also go further by having certain people show up on Impact Wrestling once a month for the Open Fight Night series.

I don't necessarily like the idea of having 2 shows that are 2 hours long because that ends up making the shows drag on.

·
Registered
721 Posts
That would be too much. I could see them adding a womans show to see how it fairs but thats about it.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I think they should add Xplosion, it already airs internationally and can be a one hour recap show with one or two matches for the guys that don't get on Impact often

I enjoyed Reaction too but I think Xplosion should be given first priority

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
I think they should add Xplosion, it already airs internationally and can be a one hour recap show with one or two matches for the guys that don't get on Impact often

I enjoyed Reaction too but I think Xplosion should be given first priority
I think they could do a one or two hour show with Xplosion. That could be their second brand. Too bad TNA won't reach an agreement with Spike to do it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thats way too much, OP.

They need to put iMPACT on Tuesdays, and put 1 hour Xplosion on Saturday morning, with the X-Division and Knockouts in action, then ReAction could be added in more crucial episodes or for like countdowns to the PPVs, but only when they have a bimonthly PPV system applied.

Most importantly, hype TNA like a maniac, billboards all over the country, commercials in various networks, even if it is small commercials and yeh, if you want that wrestling factor, tell your fanbase and the people that you are trying that in TNA you offer them wrestling, and you dont hide it, you embrace it, thats the key points, people in TNA are sleeping.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Xplosion could be a very good secondary show but TNA needs to put some effort into it.

No one would want to watch a show that's largely a recap show that features one or 2 bonus matches and internet content.

You want a network to take you seriously? turn Impact into a hot hour of exclusive content. Matches, interviews, angles.

Look at Sunday Night Heat in 98/99. That was a very good secondary show. The only problem was it was all story and the matches got dicked around for time.

But you had stars on the show, underused guys, matches, promos, angles. Add some match time and you have a winner.

A heat or ECW Hardcore TV model could work wonders.

Maybe to give it a different feel, you have some one other than the usual players book it.

Maybe Mike Tenay and Jeremy Borash. They were a big part of TNA's creative in 2005/2006 which everyone loves.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If you give the x-division and knockouts their own show you will end up with a situation where the fans of x-division wrestling only watch that x-show and ignore the rest. The same for the knockouts fans, who arent going to tune into the rest. So in the end you have 2 shows that draw about 300000 fans, and 1 show that draws 800000 fans. Thats disastrous for the advertisement.

·
Registered
395 Posts
2H Impact Tuesday and 2H Impact Thursday, with that you have enough time to focus on all division. And don't use one show as the A show and the other as the "we put the garbage" show.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Overkill is the world that describes the OPs ideas. Thats a good way to get fans EVEN MORE JADED and apathetic to the product. Also, its a TERRIBLE idea to split the roster and have themes. Like Hogan said years ago, wrestling is like a salad. Segmenting the roster like WCW did for the New Blood Angle didn't really do them any favors. The KO's shouldn't have their own show and neither should the X Division or anyone else.

Two hours is enough time. Its all about what you do with those two hours. Cut out the GM role and the GM promos and cut Garett Bischoff out and you'd be surprised how much time can then be dedicated to guys like Williams, Dinero, and Sarita. Imagine if Instead of The Bischoff angle for the last couple of months TNA was using all that time for guys like Pope and Williams. Imagine TNA wanted to start investing in the future and got rid of Tara and gave Sarita her spot as it relates to TV time. More tv isn't the solution...its about using it effectively.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I think they could do a one or two hour show with Xplosion. That could be their second brand. Too bad TNA won't reach an agreement with Spike to do it.
The thing is I don't think having a brand system would work, although the roster is bloated it really isn't that bloated and I think people would see it as a cheap rip off of WWE

For me the perfect scenario would be one hour Reaction making shown on a different night to Impact to act as the highlight show with backstage interviews to further the feuds and then this would allow Xplosion to be one hour of entirely new matches without the recap element. I doubt Spike would give TNA an extra 2 hours though so if they got just 1 I think Xplosion in it's current format would be the best option.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Overkill is the world that describes the OPs ideas. Thats a good way to get fans EVEN MORE JADED and apathetic to the product. Also, its a TERRIBLE idea to split the roster and have themes. Like Hogan said years ago, wrestling is like a salad. Segmenting the roster like WCW did for the New Blood Angle didn't really do them any favors. The KO's shouldn't have their own show and neither should the X Division or anyone else.

Two hours is enough time. Its all about what you do with those two hours. Cut out the GM role and the GM promos and cut Garett Bischoff out and you'd be surprised how much time can then be dedicated to guys like Williams, Dinero, and Sarita. Imagine if Instead of The Bischoff angle for the last couple of months TNA was using all that time for guys like Pope and Williams. Imagine TNA wanted to start investing in the future and got rid of Tara and gave Sarita her spot as it relates to TV time. More tv isn't the solution...its about using it effectively.
I totally agree with you, it isn't about more, more, more its about making the most with what you have, if TNA learned how to put in more matches whilst getting rid of some of the segments. For example they spend like 10-15 minutes showing guys talking after a pay-per-view about a match at their pay-per-view. I mean I could have lived without Joe and Magnus talking about how they won the tag team titles if TNA let Doug Williams or Tony Neese or Kid Kash go out and have a little 5 or so minute match. Stuff like that wouldn't do the show any harm and it would allow the opportunity for a few of their fringe guys to have a match and put their characters over on TV.

·
Registered
813 Posts
TNA does need more programing.
But they need to use the time they have already, right.
Nitro had 8-10 10+ minute matches every week.
Why do I keep bringing up WCW?
Because they had 3.0+ ratings every week.
No legends were in some story line that got them over.
They got over from wrestling matches.
Dixie said she would rather have 2 hours of good programing, then 4 hours of bad programing.
If TNA took their story lines from 2 hours of programing, and spread that out over 4 hours.
Making the rest of the time matches, that would be good programing.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
really ?

id say the biggest problem is the incredibly stale roster.

everybody has wrestled everyone 50 times.

They need to cut people and sign about 10 new workers.

cut guys like, terry, anarquia and hernandez etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just think they need fewer attacks, for me an episode of Impact goes like this

Promo - Attack - Match - Attack - Backstage Seg - Attack - Promo - Attack - Match ends in DQ because of a ...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
xplosion is such a bad name.It just has no meaning to wrestling behind it.So bland.

Reaction is brilliant for a normal wrestling show,Cus Wrestling is about having a Reaction.It could become a flagship.

Cross the line would be good for a alternative edgy show.

·
Registered
249 Posts
TNA has tried so many things to get to that 2 million viewers, and only a few times they have reached that level. And now, they do ratings and viewership they did in 2007, when they had almost no big stars. I wonder if Dixie has realized that Hogan and Bischoff weren't worth all the money, TNA spent on them. They have failed abysmally to improve TNA's business.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
The thing is I don't think having a brand system would work, although the roster is bloated it really isn't that bloated and I think people would see it as a cheap rip off of WWE

For me the perfect scenario would be one hour Reaction making shown on a different night to Impact to act as the highlight show with backstage interviews to further the feuds and then this would allow Xplosion to be one hour of entirely new matches without the recap element. I doubt Spike would give TNA an extra 2 hours though so if they got just 1 I think Xplosion in it's current format would be the best option.
I support your Reaction/Xplosion idea.
I would only clarify that Xplosion should be a wrestling show, without the recaps or interviews from IW (just like you said), but it could be a different concept from IW. For example, Xplosion could bring world x cup back along with the 6-sided ring (just an ideia here) and it could fit as a TV stage for potencial/emergent indy wrestlers to get a shot in TNA.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
rumor has it that Spike tv are only gonna pull for stuff they own, no more Deadliest Warrior for me in spite of this but i think this might be all the crimson nightmare that is the three initials that remind me of Survivor Girls slow motion play slapping, that they are gonna get

1 - 20 of 23 Posts