Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quite related, but not identical, to my other thread what feuds or matches do you know (or guess) were supposed to happen but did not and were changed. State the reason if you know why it happened.

Here are a couple (some purely for entertainment purposes):

- Cena vs Michaels at WM 23 was supposed to be Cena vs HHH but HHH got injured against Rated RKO the previous December
- Macho Man, ACORDING TO FLAIR'S BOOK, was supposed to put Ric Flair over at WM 8 but complained (???) so they put him over
- Ted Dibiase, also ACCORDING TO FLAIR'S BOOK, was supposed to win the WWF title at WM 4 but Macho Man threatened to shoot him with a gun so they gave Dibiase the million dollar belt instead.
- Lex Luger was supposed to win the WWF title at WM 10 but due to lack of popularity they put Bret Hart over instead (one internet rumor was that Bret refused to let Lex go over and threatened to walk out but neither party gave any hint that that was true)
- Shawn vs Bret and WM 13, AFTER it was confirmed that Shawn would vacate the belt, was supposed to be a ladder match where the loser got his hair cut. Bret was scheduled to win this match. This was explained in Bret's book.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Survivor Series '99

Steve Austin Vs. The Rock Vs. HHH for the world title.....

Austin is run over on the night and Big Show replaces him, that pisses me off till this day!!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahmed vs. Farooq was supposed to happen at Summer Slam 1996 (they had graphics etc.) but then Ahmed got a legit kidney injury.

Shawn vs Sid was supposed to happen at Summer Slam 1995 but was changed to the ladder match II. I think the basic reason was expected poor buy rates.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted the below in the wrong thread. It belongs here.

Bret vs. Bulldog at Summer Slam 1992 was originally supposed to be a traditional midcard match where Bret would retain the belt (they weren't scheduled to be the final match until a late change). Bret Hart was supposed to drop the IC title to Shawn Michaels in the Fall of 1992.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake was supposed to win the Intercontinental Title from The Honky Tonk Man at SummerSlam 1988, but the writers felt that he hadn't been getting over on his face push and instead gave it to The Ultimate Warrior, changing the storyline less than 3 weeks before the PPV. He was then written in again to win the Intercontinental Title at SummerSlam 1990 from Mr. Perfect (Brutus was the first person to pin Curt Hennig in the WWF ending his streak), but just before the PPV he was involved in a parasailing accident requiring 9 hours of surgery to completely reconstruct his face and was out of wrestling for around 3 years. Instead the title went to "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not really a storyline, but before Curt Hennig took the Mr. Perfect persona, it was offered to Terry Taylor. Taylor turned it down and ended up being a forgotten page in history as The Red Rooster, Hennig went on to the Hall of Fame.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I still don't get why they wanted to Cena/HHH two years in a row. Apparently, Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan were supposed to face each other at Summerslam 93 but Hogan refused to lose to him because apparently he was ''too small'' and lost the belt to Yokozuna instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Apparently, Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan were supposed to face each other at Summerslam 93 but Hogan refused to lose to him because apparently he was ''too small'' and lost the belt to Yokozuna instead.
Hogan has changed more storylines than underwear. He has refused to put over more guys or drop titles on more occassions than any three men you can think of.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Test VS Chris Jericho was once advertised as a match at No Way Out 2003 with Test's revenge against Jericho (for inadvertenbtly knocking Stacy Keibler out with a chairshot). Test was dropped and Jeff Hardy inserted in what would be Jeff's last WWE PPV match for the next 3 and a half years. As it pertains to Test, his alleged immunity from firing (per his Survivor Series 2001 battle royale win) was very quickly forgotten about as 2002 began.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I think The Rock made mention of this but I could be wrong. But a young Rocky Maivia was going to work a program with Shawn Michaels and HBK, being the ego maniac he was back then (and still is today in a way) refused to work with the young Rocky.

FYI: Triple H being replaced by Shawn michaels at WM23 was probably one of the best things to happen to WWE because WM 23 I believe at that time it was the highest grossing WM of all time.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
At King of the Ring '99 in the Austin vs. Vince & Shane ladder match, someone kept moving the briefcase away from Austin when he tried to grab it. Never identified who.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Remember HBK screwin Rock out of the title on what I believe to have been the first of the weekly Smackdowns then it was just never spoke of ? lol

·
Sax Legend of Sax Legend on YouTube
1,254 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
One that I never understood why they scrapped it was the supposed feud between Rick and Scott Steiner. It just ended up with Buff Bagwell's mom somehow being Rick's partner and just got weird. I think a full-blown feud between them back in WCW would have been flat-out sweet.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Undertaker was originally supposed to battle Kurt and Eric Angle in a handicap world title match at Armageddon 2000 but then they changed it to the 6 man hell in a cell.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts