Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For ROH’s return to Richmond, VA on January 14, 2011 officials wanted to deliver something special for the fans at Raceway Complex. An exciting way to kick off our 9th year, and deliver the top-shelf wrestling action fans have come to expect from Ring of Honor. Well after much deliberation, we have set up a match featuring eight of the premier athletes within the ROH locker room!

On one side of the ring will be ROH World Champion Roderick Strong, ROH World Tag Team Champions Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli, and ROH World TV Champion Christopher Daniels! On the other side: Davey Richards, Jay & Mark Briscoe, and El Generico! ROH’s four champions versus four of ROH’s All-Stars!

“I look at this, and I am obviously the odd man out.” stated Christopher Daniels, “Roderick and I have our issues and I certainly want his belt to join the TV title already around my waist. Chris and I just fought in Louisville, and let’s just say I find his methods less than honorable when it comes down to the wire. Claudio, Chris, and I have history, and I wonder if the two of you still hold a grudge for me claiming the tag titles many years ago. Suffice to say I will have to have eyes in the back of my head for this one no doubt, and that’s just for the men on my team.”

“A chance to lay a beating on the Kings and Roddy? Count us in.” said Jay Briscoe, “Sorry about your luck Chris, you just happen to be on the wrong side of this one. My eyes are on Roddy and the Kings, but if we gotta fight, we gotta fight.”

This loaded 8-Man tag will certainly set the stage for the following night in Charlotte where Hero takes on Richards and Jay takes on Roderick for the World Title. How will these eight men work with one another? Davey has had issues in the past with all three of his partners, as have Generico and the Briscoes. Will the past play a part in the future of these men? Will the champions prove their dominance or will the All-Stars rise to the occasion? Be there live in Richmond, VA to find out ...
I'm guessing they are really living up to - at the moment - the stipulation about the American Wolves, otherwise I'd guess Eddie would be in there in place of Generico, unless this hints at Generico staying near/at the top of the card in 2011.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I think Eddie's in Japan on a tour, plus with the feud he just had Generico should be at the top of the card in 2011.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,267 Posts
It should be a great match but I'm a little worried now what the rest of the card will look like.

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Yeah Eddie misses the first few shows of 2011 I believe.

Love the look of this match. Should be alot of fun.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I see a classic in the making. I'm guessing they'll build the rest of the card around the likes of Homicide, ANX and the young blood in ROH.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I hope they give them 30+ min.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
How many tag team title reigns between everyone in that match?
22 by my count.

Strong: w/Aries
Hero: w/Claudio, 2x
Claudio: w/Hero, 2x
Daniels: w/Morgan, w/Sydal
Richards: w/Romero, w/Edwards
Jay: w/Mark, 6x
Mark: w/Jay, 6x
Generico: w/Steen

In fact, the only former ROH tag champs on the current roster not in this match are Cabana and Edwards.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
It should be a great match but I'm a little worried now what the rest of the card will look like.
Well here's who's scheduled so far:

- “The Notorious 187″ Homicide
- Kyle O’Reilly
- Adam Cole
- Steve Corino
- The All Night Express
- Colt Cabana
- Grizzly Redwood
- The Bravado Brothers

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,907 Posts
I wonder how long it will be until they exploit the history between Corino & Homicide again.

It would be awesome if Homicide won the title and they had Corino "MitB" him right after.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
I wonder how long it will be until they exploit the history between Corino & Homicide again.

It would be awesome if Homicide won the title and they had Corino "MitB" him right after.
I think Corino has said that he would rather work with young guys than repeat old feuds.

22 by my count.

Strong: w/Aries
Hero: w/Claudio, 2x
Claudio: w/Hero, 2x
Daniels: w/Morgan, w/Sydal
Richards: w/Romero, w/Edwards
Jay: w/Mark, 6x
Mark: w/Jay, 6x
Generico: w/Steen

In fact, the only former ROH tag champs on the current roster not in this match are Cabana and Edwards.
You snubbed Ricky Reyes!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well here's who's scheduled so far:

- “The Notorious 187″ Homicide
- Kyle O’Reilly
- Adam Cole
- Steve Corino
- The All Night Express
- Colt Cabana
- Grizzly Redwood
- The Bravado Brothers
Thats gonna be really tough to create any matches worth while. King/O'Reily is the only match I can think of that could be better than average, maybe Cabana/Cole? Definitly booked into a corner with the big 8 man that night.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,907 Posts
Rick Noon sounds epic.

I think TJP vs Reyes would either be the one match i'd give a fuck about with the two of them in it or fucking kill me from the Black Hole of Charisma they'd create. i'm not sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts