Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Bad day for most big team especially who already become the winner of "Big Ears" trophy, Liverpool and Chelsea got defeated, Barcelona almost lost if Reus didn't fail with the penalty.

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,121 Posts
We played better against Napoli than last year but ended up conceding 1 more goal. The game was fun but Napoli were more clinical. No pen for me too. At least they should have checked but whatever. We dont have PSG in the group this year. No worries for qualifiying.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
@ReekOfAwesomenesss ; They did a VAR check on the pen, but as they didn't count it as an error by the ref (which it has to be), they waived it through. Dem rules.

:klopp

Well, at least that's what should be our toughest group game over with off the bat. I thought we were heading to what would have been a v.good point until the penalty. Wasn't a pen for me as there was no contact, but the ref saw Robbo stick his leg out and made his mind up. We had chances and would have had a glorious one if Mane would have got that pass right to Salah.

Napoli were solid defensively and it was tough but I thought we did enough to get a result, but it wasn't to be. Then we had a Van Dijk error :hutz to cap it off.

Tough night but it's an opening group game and still plenty of winnable games to come.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,440 Posts
Spurs aren't getting out of the group stages this year :lol

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
:klopp6

Well that was less comfortable than it should have been. We were fine at 3-0 but we must have had some sleeping tablets at half time as we came out not knowing what we were doing. I'm glad :salah got 2 goals as he's been in poor form of late so I'm pleased for that and of course we still got the three points. Red Bull sensed our nerves and pounced with some very good play.

But I thought we'd learnt from this by now.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Liverpool really really need focus to maintain their performance, the first 30 minutes they can dominated the match but after lead 3 - 0, they just play like against second division club until the two goals from Red Bull stunned them.

Inter almost gain victory if only they not waste a lot opportunity on first half, poor finishing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Liverpool really really need focus to maintain their performance, the first 30 minutes they can dominated the match but after lead 3 - 0, they just play like against second division club until the two goals from Red Bull stunned them.

Inter almost gain victory if only they not waste a lot opportunity on first half, poor finishing.
We have been much more consistent last couple of years and this year and last season we saw games through better but I think we was arrogant (which is unlike us) I think we thought Salzburg would curl over in foetal position but Salzburg had no fear and had quick transitions. I like them, really fun team but I am glad we had enough to see the match through

Hopefully next game against Genk we will be bit more focused

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
We have been much more consistent last couple of years and this year and last season we saw games through better but I think we was arrogant (which is unlike us) I think we thought Salzburg would curl over in foetal position but Salzburg had no fear and had quick transitions. I like them, really fun team but I am glad we had enough to see the match through

Hopefully next game against Genk we will be bit more focused
Klopp need suppress the ego which seems grow up on few players especially in front (Fabinho is exception). I can see why Klopp is still looking alternate formula to score ball on net because most of their opponent already can read the front trio strategy.

·
Standing with The Man
6,114 Posts
Interesting fact came to light when Spurs sacked Poch, every team that Ajax played in Champions League last season have sacked their manager

Benfica - Rui Vitoria (Jan 19)

Athens - Marinos Ouzounidis (Feb 19)

Real Madrid - Santi Solari (March 19)

Juventus - Max Allegri (May 19)

Bayern Munich - Niko Kovac (Nov 19)

Tottenham - Mauricio Pochettino (Nov)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I just realized there's no country is represented by only one club,the small number is coming from France who send their 2 representatives, following by German,Italy by 3 clubs and England with Spain with 4 clubs.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts