Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any other UK viewers have noticed, but on a couple of episodes, it seems that certain sections have been edited out of the program.

I first noticed a couple of weeks back when Austin Aries faced Kenny King. Chris Sabin had his match and the commentators were mentioning some comments Sabin had made to Aries backstage, to which I had no idea what they were talking about because I didn't watch anything of the sort on TV, so I just presumed if was some online section. When I looked it up online I found that Sabin did make comments to Aries, and this was in the televised show. I also found out there was a section advertising Lei'D Tapa in the televised show too. Both sections I didn't see when watching the show in the UK. I just brushed it aside thinking I must have come back from the commercial break too late and missed it, though I'm usually pretty careful not to do this, and I find a bit far fetched I missed two whole sections this way, not one.

However, this Sunday, I noticed there were sections once again, potentially missing from the show.

I tuned in for the show and I was about 1-2mins late for it, and I saw Aries and Hardy in the ring for their match. My initial reaction was that they started the show with a match, and I didn't think much of it. However, at the end the the show, I noticed it had ended 20-30mins earlier than usual, which seemed odd. When I looked on youtube this morning to see if I had missed much from the beginning, I learned I had missed 10-15mins of programing; including the Dixie promo, and the backstage sections of Styles and Aries before the Hardy vs Aries match. Now, I know I was a bit late, but that was only by a couple of minutes. I don't see how I could have missed a whole 15mins of programing; unless Impact started earlier than normal, and Challenge TV didn't bother showing the second half of Bullseye (program on before Impact). Also, they never showed the Ethan Carter section, and I know there was no opportunity for me to have accidentally missed that section.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed parts of Impact seem to be edited out when it airs on Challenge, and if so, anyone have any idea as to why?

Either that, or something very peculiar is happening to me. :|

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Re: Challeneg TV Seems to be Cutting Impact Wrestling Short

I'm from the UK but I watch it (when I DO watch it) online.

When's it even on Challenge?

·
Registered
979 Posts

Yep, they do often cut parts down to accommodate for adverts and it's pretty ridiculous. Every time I change to challenge for Impact it is on an advert break.

This weeks was cut REALLY short and I don't know why. I saw the wrestletalk tv twitter account and the guests all tweeting to say that the show was on earlier than usual due to impact finishing up nearly half hour early. They all seemed like they had no idea either about the time change/impact cut.

Challenge needs to sort it's shit out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Sunday 9pm, then they repeat it on Tuesday 10pm (though that might have changed)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This weeks was cut REALLY short and I don't know why. I saw the wrestletalk tv twitter account and the guests all tweeting to say that the show was on earlier than usual due to impact finishing up nearly half hour early. They all seemed like they had no idea either about the time change/impact cut.
Did they show any of the promos at the beginning on Sunday, or was it just started with the Aries/Hardy match?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

don't watch it on challenge, it's missing content!

I only elect to watch it on Challenge if I'm sat downstairs in my pants eating shortbread, so a lot then really.

TNA matches look better in HD than the low qual internet vids but they're so much more convenient to watch on the PC.

·
Registered
979 Posts

Did they show any of the promos at the beginning on Sunday, or was it just started with the Aries/Hardy match?
I didn't catch the start either. I started watching around 10 expecting to watch the second hour but it was over in 30 mins.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

don't watch it on challenge, it's missing content!
I'm beginning to learn this. However it seems rather Stupid of Challenge. Impact is meant to be one of their top shows, so why risk turning away viewers by not giving them the full programing.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts

ETA: nevermind, Challenge have issued an apology..

·
Registered
2,325 Posts

Not a good sign for TNA!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

TNA Wrestling UK LAST NIGHT *** Hey guys - I know you are all asking.... it came as a surprise to us too! The opening of Impact last night was cut out by mistake - totally human error. Channel management should have been contacted to make the decision to move WrestletalkTV forward too but this sadly didn't happen. We weren't trying to cut it for any weird reason! It will be back in for tomorrow night's repeat. I can see you guys are angry about it - and of course we would much rather it hadn't happened but it did. Ourselves and TNA have a great relationship and we like to think that we interact well with our fans and promote and love TNA in the UK. You're just going to have to forgive us on this one. Spud and Marty sum up the feelings....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Last night seems to be a genuine mistake by Challenge, however, I will be intrigued to know if they show the entire episode in the repeat, or will the Ethan Carter section still be edited out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts