Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: http://gerweck.net/2010/11/03/chair-shots-to-the-head-banned-in-tna/

TNA Wrestling is taking at least big step to help prevent concussions and head injuries by banning unprotected chair shots to the head.

“TNA has absolutely thrown down the gauntlet and said no more unprotected chair shots,” stated TNA star Mr. Anderson on the “Between The Ropes” radio show. “And every time there is a chair involved in the ring, the agents will come up and say please make sure for me that you are not going to … that you’re going to put your hand up. Please tell me you’re going to put your hand up or it’s going to be a back shot or something like that.”
I remember a few months back, a guy on Twitter was slating me for not enjoying the new Nightmare on Elm Street film. He said "It's a true horror film for true horror fans. You probably don't like it because all you watch is PG bullshit like WWE"

I'm sorry but it seems WWE (with the exception of Blood) is now as "extreme" as TNA.

By the way, I didn't enjoy the new Nightmare On Elm Street because it was shit, nothing to do with the horror.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
About time. Ditsy Carter has been bragging about how she went in front of congress voluntarily and obviously she still didn't learn shit.

And honestly I can really care less. I already know it's fake, no need for them to kill themselves for my enjoyment.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
At least blood is still fine and TNA isn't going PG. Everybody should remember when Rob Terry took a chairshot to the head and to make it worse, had to endure Orlando Jordan's bottle of white stuff.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I'm just waiting for someone to come in this thread, complain about this and say that they're now going to go PG.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I'm just waiting for someone to come in this thread, complain about this and say that they're now going to go PG.
It will happen. Some wrestling fans are blood thirsty as fuck. I remember someone on here complaining that Jerry Lynn didn't shoot himself up with pain killers and wrestle at Hardcore Justince when he was injured. I think it was Klebold.

EDIT:

Lynn should man up, take some painkillers and wrestle the damn match tbh
yep.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
O NOEZ, FUCK TAN AND DIS PG BULSHIT. DEY SHUD BEE LIK ALL HARDCAW ADN HAV CHAIRSHOTS ADN BLUD ADN BEWBS AND STUF

Finally.

Good move TNA.
Or maybe this is more representative of my views.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Safety should be 1st and this is one less risk they have to take ..
buutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I still think there are people that can give and receive chair bumps and know how to take it to where it's safe.
If you have some fuckhead in there swinging for the fences ....yea he's going to kill someone , but you can't tell me that Raven shouldn't be able to give Foley a chair shot to the head. They've been doing it for their whole career.

And like someone said ...we know this shits fake. Why not at least have a prop chair that bends easier?
At least the kiddies can still mark out when someone gets a nice pop to the skull.

I mean , we know people aren't really getting shot and blown up in movies and it's still works

·
Premium Member
13,846 Posts
I'm sorry but it seems WWE (with the exception of Blood) is now as "extreme" as TNA.
and gimmick matches; and no holds barred/no dq matches that actually use weapons; and the weapons used ie TNA wrestlers don't just limit themselves to tables, chairs and the occassional ladder. Blood and chair shots to the head aren't the only things that are different between WWE and TNA when it comes to 'extreme' matches. TNA goes overboard while the WWE hardly do it at all outside of gimmick PPVs.

btw this should've happened a long time ago.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Well this is just common sense - they should always put their hands up. WWE wont even allow chair shots to the head WITH hands up which is ridiculous.

·
Registered
701 Posts
TNA can still be violent and bloody without unprotected chair shots. They were something completely stupid people signed up for and I can't believe Hardy just nailed Anderson--who wasn't even supposed to get a chair shot in that manner--without thinking about the repercussions.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
That's good to hear, assuming this is the case--Anderson has a history of not being the most trustworthy person in media interviews, to say the least--and if the repercussions for someone ignoring the policy going forward is more severe than a stern dressing down in the gorilla position.

·
*something amusing*
1,929 Posts
and gimmick matches; and no holds barred/no dq matches that actually use weapons; and the weapons used ie TNA wrestlers don't just limit themselves to tables, chairs and the occassional ladder. Blood and chair shots to the head aren't the only things that are different between WWE and TNA when it comes to 'extreme' matches. TNA goes overboard while the WWE hardly do it at all outside of gimmick PPVs.

btw this should've happened a long time ago.
Not to be anti TNA or pro WWE but maybe if TNA limited the amount of "overboard" extreme matches to just PPV's their buy rates would get better? Just a crazy suggestion.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Not to be anti TNA or pro WWE but maybe if TNA limited the amount of "overboard" extreme matches to just PPV's their buy rates would get better? Just a crazy suggestion.
Yeah, but TNA claims that PPVs aren't important and the ratings are the be all end all. But when you have 2-3 gimmick matches on EVERY weekly TV show, I don't think it will bump your ratings much either since they no longer mean a damn thing.

WWE used to be pretty gimmick match oriented and I commend them from taking a huge step back and rarely giving us them, thus making them special once again.

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
Banning chair shots to the head? Good I guess...

I'd rather TNA just keep this news "In House" though. No reason for fans to know.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts