1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I'd fucking mark.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
All the talent is in UFC now. That's why WWE sucks, in a nutshell. The wrestlingtalent pool is so shallow now, especially for heavyweights.

Imagine Brock replacing Cena, Sonnen replacing The Miz and Rampage replacing R-Truth.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Wow, that was a lot better than I imagined.

People can say it's disrespectful but it's brilliant business. Triple H said it himself in that interview, UFC needs to capitalise on personalities like this because look what happened with Brock, he flipped off the crowd, they hated him and then paid up to see him lose. It doesn't matter if they want to see you win or lose, they're paying to see you.

His response to the "But you said if he ever came to your home town..." question was pretty good, I thought that would have caught him off guard.

Anybody got a link to his post-fight interview? Apparently that was something special too.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
What a great promo, this guy is more natural than all the wrestlers in the business combined, i agree with the guy that said that the real talents are in UFC now.
not surprising that he use The Rock's catch phrase, with a charisma that he has, he has the right to be a Rock wannabe, even the president is, so why not? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know why people a slobbering over themselves over a poor delivered promo.
Not really if you know the guys history he's a pure WWE mode character and probably one of the most entertaining men in UFC - he's walking promotion literally.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Chael Sonnen entertains me more than anyone on the full-time WWE roster. If he ever signed for the WWE, i'd go back to watching the show on a regular basis in a shot. Having said that, i'd rather see him defeat Anderson Silva and stay in the UFC for a while longer.

Anybody got a link to his post-fight interview? Apparently that was something special too.
It's on the same link as OP posted, just click on the 4th video in the playlist and go to about 7:30 mins in.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/08/ufc-136-chael-sonnen-submits-brian-stann-calls-out-anderson-si/

·
Registered
538 Posts
The guy is awesome, i really like Chael Sonnen. Talks trash to guys he doesn't like, and backs it all up in the cage. Can't wait for Sonnen vs Silva 2.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
I dont know why people a slobbering over themselves over a poor delivered promo.
Chael Sonnen would put any heel in pro wrestling to shame right now on the microphone, he is by far the most entertaining person in sports right now. The WWE guys need to watch his stuff and see how it's done because he's the best guy in the sports world when it comes to marketing and hype, he pretty much went from a no one to one of the top five most popular fighters in MMA because he started talking shit about Silva and won some big fight in the process, his first fight with Anderson sold a shit load of PPV's and the rematch will probably sell even more, and he's gonna make a shit load of money in the process. If he was in the WWE he'd be the top heel no doubt about it. He's polorizing, he's entertaining, he's funny as shit, and regardless of if you love him or hate him, people are gonna pay money to watch him do his thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRb9AFb7Gi8v - The post fight interview where he calls Silva out, amazing how he got the entire crowd going, he's fantastic on the microphone and easily the best heel in any sport today really makes you wonder why the guys in WWE can't channel some of their inner Chael and sell some PPVs.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I hate the guy and hope Silva knocks him out, but Chael Sonnen is the best talker in all sports. he talked his way from nobody to a draw in only two fights(vs Marquardt and vs Anderson Silva). and the rematch with the Spider will be a blockbuster, specially if they unleash Sonnen on FOX to promote it.

·
Banned
80 Posts
ive been saying he should be in WWE for years , hes the best wrestler in the UFC so i beleive he can convert to wrestling in the WWE

1 - 20 of 22 Posts