Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
It's easier to cut promos on the app as opposed to in front of a live stadium full of people. Just throwing that out there. Also :lol at Cesaro's promo burying SD (Y)

Re: Cesaro cuts angry promo on WWE App

Completely agree, I mean just look at the current HIAC card:
  • John Cena vs. Randy Orton
  • Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
  • Sheamus vs. The Miz
  • Big Show vs. Rusev
  • Nikki Bella vs. Brie Bella
  • AJ Lee vs. Paige
  • Goldust & Stardust vs. The Usos

Really WWE, you think anyone wants to see the Bella twins have wrestling diarrhea of a match instead of Ziggler vs Cesaro???

:punk2
Brie vs Nikki is the most hyped and build up match going besides Ambrose vs Rollins so it deserves to be on the card over a heatless feud between Ziggler vs Cesaro.

Are these just promos or their actual opinions on the current product though? Because I cannot believe how accurate either of them are right now, they are really aware how WWE is treating them at the moment.
The app interviews allow them more freedom, so I'd imagine it's closer to their opinion.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Ziggler has done promos like this on the app before. It's a shame his only promo time is on that app because his stuff is great, he does deserve a bigger spotlight than he already has.
As much as I agree that I wish we would see all the app stuff on tv, it's been well over a year since the WWE App has been around. Also, since the shows themselves don't allow some of the guys to be themselves, at least the promos on the app cater to the diehard wrestling fan.

At some point, shouldn't we just try to integrate the App into how we watch Raw. I mean, considering how must people dislike commercials, you could look at it as if we get to watch a commercial free 3 hour Raw.

Thinking about that again though, I could see it's bad enough we have to sit through a 3 hour Raw with commercials.

That's some good back and forth promo work from the two of them. What I especially liked about these was how the two built each other up. Ziggler complimenting Cesaro calling him "the better wrestler" (which is no small feat considering Ziggler calls himself "the show-off") while Cesaro refers to Ziggler as "one of the best IC champions of the last 6-7 years." THAT'S how you make your competitor look good outside of the ring and THAT'S how you can pump interest into your feud.

I like both Ziggler and Cesaro already (and think that both should be higher on the card) but these back-and-forth promos has pushed my interest even moreso. They absolutely should have a match at HIAC (although if its time restraints, than I suppose that's an alright excuse) - HOWEVER this feud should keep going on then. This could be a great midcard feud and it should be stuck with for a little while longer. Give them a bigger payoff than a throwaway Smackdown, at least. Have them go back and forth with each other until maybe TLC or even the rumble. Even if they're not necessarily having 1-on-1 matches for the IC title anymore, have them go at each other whenever they're together and have "moments" like in a Rumble or Survivor Series. Make this a real, longtime rivalry damnit!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.